British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

Why did he miss yesterday?

He was ill and apparently has been for a few days. The 7 day ban is automatic but the Management Committee can give him permission to ride.

Be interesting to see what they do about Lambert who apparently missed the CLR Final due to injury but rode in Poland. Perhaps Cook hasn't got the same connections.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

Be interesting to see what they do about Lambert who apparently missed the CLR Final due to injury but rode in Poland. Perhaps Cook hasn't got the same connections.

Find me a riders list from original staging of this meeting or from last nights meeting that shows Lambert was ever listed to ride. How can you withdraw from something you were never part of??
  • Like 1

Find me a riders list from original staging of this meeting or from last nights meeting that shows Lambert was ever listed to ride. How can you withdraw from something you were never part of??

If that is correct it seems very strange as he is Newcastle's top rider according to the official averages. My understanding is that the top rider from every club qualifies for the event. Was he given special dispensation not to be included and if so, on what basis?

If that is correct it seems very strange as he is Newcastle's top rider according to the official averages. My understanding is that the top rider from every club qualifies for the event. Was he given special dispensation not to be included and if so, on what basis?

Must have some special dispensation as hes not done any shared events in 2017.

He was listed to ride in the PLR Final.

He was again said to be injured but rode in Germany on the Friday and Poland on the Sunday.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Through illness

This is becoming a bit to frequent to avoid the suspicion that Cook is simply picking and choosing his meetings, avoiding those he doesn't fancy.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Meeting preview on the Wolves site does not list either team. Draw your own conclusions.

A change to tomorrow’s line-up sees Chris Harris guest for the Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces in their Knock Out Cup grand final second leg at the National Speedway Stadium in place of Max Fricke.

Belle Vue Speedway have today been advised by the SCB/BSPA Management Committee that Craig Cook will receive a Period of Inactivity for 7 days, as per Speedway Regulation 16.5.1 f.

He will be eligible to return on Sunday 22nd October and his clubs are eligible to operate a facility in his absence. Belle Vue Speedway will therefore operate Rider Replacement at No.3.

The SCB will issue a further statement on the matter on Monday October 16.

BELLE VUE V WOLVERHAMPTON - 7:30PM - MONDAY OCTOBER 16 - SGBP KOC GF L2

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces
Kenneth Bjerre, Steve Worrall, Craig Cook R/R, Rohan Tungate, Chris Harris (G), Dan Bewley, Jack Smith; TM: Mark Lemon

Wolverhampton ‘Parrys International’ Wolves
Scott Nicholls (G), Richard Lawson (G), Richie Worrall (G), Jacob Thorssell R/R, Sam Masters ©, Mark Riss Nathan Greaves; TM: Peter Adams

Cook not riding is good news for Wolves but still expect Belle Vue to win easily, shame we cant have full teams

If true would mean we missing or second and third heat leaders so not necessarily easy at all. Could very much depend on who the guests are.

Just seen the teams. Lawson and Worrall could score well, Lawson will gate first in at least a couple of races and Richie seems to be on form at the moment. Nicholls and Harris haven't impressed at the NSS and could cancel each other out. I think we will win but not sure we will by the 11 points we need.

Edited by Aces51

Cook should just have rang in and said his van had broken down on the way..

Seems you don't get banned for missing BSPA events for that...😂

Still, it creates another 'guestfest' meeting so not all bad news...

It is only a FINAL after all...😲

Edited by mikebv

Four guests and both teams using rider replacement - a fitting finale for "Premier Speedway 2017".

• Like 4

If he fell ill a few hours before how can he possibly get a sick note? On a Saturday? He's not going down to a and e is he?

In my industry anything over a week requires a sick note, but these lads are self employed so how a governing body can issue a ban for it is beyond me. There has to be some legality issue there and I'd be challenging it.

That said, if he's fudging it then he deserves It, but there is no way the BSPA could possibly prove it and based on that, have no grounds to ban.

This is just Chapman's personal vendetta and the sooner he f###ks off out of British speedway the better.

Its not a ban.

Its a health issue. Standard guideline is that you should not return to work until at least 48 hours after sypmtoms cease in order to avoid the risk of cross infection.