Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

I think it's his comments on TV talking about wanting to be world Champion. :rofl:

Will be interesting viewing when he gets destroyed in the GPs next year. He might even bottle it and fall out of the series altogether after a few first tough rounds! Just like when he didn't turn up for his Polish team a day after embarrassing himself and Team GB at the World Cup.

Don't be silly. You won't find him ever having claimed to be as good now as Woffy. I don't approve of it but Woffinden got the continued abuse last year because of the disgraceful and abusive way he reacted.

Abusive? All he said is that he was going to smoke you 😂

Can a Wolverhampton fan explain why Craig Cook was getting so much abuse after heat 13 & 15, what has he done?

From a Wolves point a view, last year's Grand Final @ the NSS I believe. Likes to dish it out but when Freddie gave him some back he chucked his sprockets out of the pram.

In all walks of life if you can play at being Billy Big Gollox. Sooner or later you discover there's someone out there with bigger gollox.

Shame really. I've been known to give it a 'go on Cookie' during the World Cup :t:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

Don't be silly. You won't find him ever having claimed to be as good now as Woffy. I don't approve of it but Woffinden got the continued abuse last year because of the disgraceful and abusive way he reacted.

And Cook got the abuse last night for his behaviour and his social media activity.

Seems all sorted then.

Seems both sets of fans behaviours explained.

:t:

Cook got abuse off the Wolves fans?

Good....

Team Sport is supposed to be emotional, it's supposed to be about passion...

It's supposed to mean something to the fans who follow their team...

A bit more of it wouldn't go amiss in this Sport..

Good for Cook too to become a personality, get a reputation and get noticed, I am sure he won't give a monkey's what Wolves fans think..

Nicki P does very well out of a bit of pantomime villainy....

• Like 1

We haven’t had any pantomime villains at Monmore for quite a while, so Cook and Tungate will do just fine. :P:P:P

• Like 3

I don't know where you get that from, he is often critical and realistic about his own performances.

I thought people meant he isn't like Woffy because he takes pride in riding for Team GB and give his all for his team. :lol:

Yes his love for Belle Vue is clear and his loyalty to the club is admirable but the impression he gives is that he thinks he is a top rider in his own mind and he has yet to prove that.

• Like 3

Personally don't have any issues with Craig Cook at all, the more riders like him the better. He's passionate and dedicated to his club. The kind of rider you love to have in your team and other teams may well love to hate (although that words a bit strong).

He can be outspoken and dish it out on social media so he'll naturally attract some stick back.

• Like 5

He's no Woffy let's face it. :t:

Yep you are right he is no Woffy nothing like him.Both say they love their clubs with a passion but which one proves their passion for their club by riding for them every season.I know which one who I would want at my club.

Plus I do not understand why Wolves fans keep going on about what a great club asset Woofy is he will not ride for you(unless he has no other club meetings to line his pockets).So move on he has.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Nicki P does very well out of a bit of pantomime villainy....

Nicki was cheered to the echo by a couple of Wolves fans at Monmore in a pre-match introduction a few years back. They said afterwards they were hoping to mess with his mind! Didn't work, but you had to admire the psychology.

• Like 2

Nicki was cheered to the echo by a couple of Wolves fans at Monmore in a pre-match introduction a few years back. They said afterwards they were hoping to mess with his mind! Didn't work, but you had to admire the psychology.

Sure Nicki was many steps ahead of the Wolves fans.

Yes his love for Belle Vue is clear and his loyalty to the club is admirable but the impression he gives is that he thinks he is a top rider in his own mind and he has yet to prove that.

It depends how you define top riders. Top 3 in the world, top 5, top 20 etc.He qualified as of right for the GP's, no wild card necessary, riding on foreign tracks and beating many top riders to do so. He has earned his place amongst arguably the top 15 riders in the world. That in my book makes him a top rider and is a valid opinion supported by the facts. I have never heard Cook claim to be in the same class as the absolute cream but he has the belief in his ability and the ambition to get there. Nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

Woffinden's behaviour at BV last year was an embarrassment ,

So he got booed , so what ! . No different to anything Mauger , Olsen , Penhall suffered

You didn't get those riders making W****** gestures to a packed grandstand or calling fans scum

or ( and by far the worst ) falsely claiming BV fans had a go about his late father Rob ,

Yeah Cooks nothing like him ..... Thank god

Yep you are right he is no Woffy nothing like him.Both say they love their clubs with a passion but which one proves their passion for their club by riding for them every season.I know which one who I would want at my club.Plus I do not understand why Wolves fans keep going on about what a great club asset Woofy is he will not ride for you(unless he has no other club meetings to line his pockets).So move on he has.

Cook is Aces thru and thru. No denying that. And he always gets my support when he is racing for GB (like any named rider).

Woffy is a different class so as such doesn't have to put up with the nonsense our governing body expect.

If he rode in England then Wolves would be his number one choice. I'm under no illusion that iv the right offer came to him elsewhere he would most likely take it.

He still clearly enjoys being a Wolves asset and just maybe if fixed nights are happening (something him AND all the top riders have been saying for about 8 years now) then we might see him back in Wolves colours.

Woffy would get my support every time over Cook, which really is no surprise.

Just a honest question Steve is Woffy loyal to Wolves or loyal to Pete Adams would he be keen to come back if say Adams retires or moves on(Birmingham stories).

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

It depends how you define top riders. Top 3 in the world, top 5, top 20 etc.He qualified as of right for the GP's, no wild card necessary, riding on foreign tracks and beating many top riders to do so. He has earned his place amongst arguably the top 15 riders in the world. That in my book makes him a top rider and is a valid opinion supported by the facts. I have never heard Cook claim to be in the same class as the absolute cream but he has the belief in his ability and the ambition to get there. Nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

I think top rider definition is pretty clear. GP rider, top tier in Poland and Sweden.

He didn't qualify as of right tho. He got in thru the back door, opened by Dudek.

But taking nothing away from his achievements, in the qualifiers he has been excellent and a 4th place finish in the race off has given that right to be in the GP's.

This year he isn't a top rider because he flopped in the WC and hasn't secured his place in THE big leagues.

It's his interviews i find nauseating. Talking about wanting to be world champion.

He can maybe talk about that ambition now he is in next year's GP, however the last few years his comments have been frankly embarrassing.

I'm not gonna knock his ambition and I wish him well on the World stage but I, like many, expect it to be a spectacular flop. Maybe he will prove everybody wrong.

Just a honest question Steve is Woffy loyal to Wolves or loyal to Pete Adams would he be keen to come back if say Adams retires or moves on(Birmingham stories).

I think you make a very valid point that it's probably more Pete Adams that he is loyal too.

Have no idea what these Birmingham stories are you refer to tho?

Edited by stevebrum