British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

It was said yesterday that Cook had been ill for a couple of days.

https://twitter.com/OfficialComets

It is an automatic 7 day ban for an illness that is not a Speedway injury. The BSPA Management Committee can give permission to allow a rider who produces a medical certificate within 48 hours to race within that 7 days. A rider who doesn't produce a medical certificate is banned from his next home meeting and the MC cannot change that. According to the press release this is a 7 day ban so presumably a medical certificate was produced. We may know more from the press release tomorrow.

Edited by Aces51

Must have some special dispensation as hes not done any shared events in 2017.

Did Lambert not win the Pairs at the beginning of the season? Think he has missed 5 though if you include the British Championship.

Cook should just have rang in and said his van had broken down on the way..

Seems you don't get banned for missing BSPA events for that...

Still, it creates another 'guestfest' meeting so not all bad news...

It is only a FINAL after all...

Is this not the 2nd or 3rd time he has been ill this season?

Cook hasn't been banned. If he had failed to provide a sick note then he would have been suspended from Workingtons next home meeting of which there isn't one this season.

The BSPA can allow a rider to race within seven days following a none speedway illness but they can also prevent them. This preventative measure has as far as I know never been implemented until now.

Craig Cook is the captain of The Belle Vue Aces who have the home leg of the cup final tomorrow.

Why why why does British speedway keep shooting it self in the foot.

Its not clear yet why Cook is not being allowed to ride in tomorrow nights final.Wether its a ban or the BSPA are just stopping him from riding on a health clause but it seems to me at this time that its more than likely that its a punishment for missing the Championship final.

Now I am not sideing with one side or the other but if the BSPA thinks that Cook needs punishing then thats what should happen but just punish Cook give him a hefty fine.But do not punish the sport or the club he rides for or the fans who are paying good money to watch a speedway final.

The meeting has already lost numerous riders through injury which can't be helped but to omit another rider who can and wants to ride is just stupid.

So Cook will have a night off and lose some money with a fine he would just have lost some money but still had to put a shift in both ways he is out of pocket and he would have been punished.But with a fine the sport will not have been punished his club will not have been punished by losing revenue due to his absence and the fans pockets will not have been punished by getting what they pay for a top home rider in the field instead of another guest or R/R.

Will they ever learn do their best to keep the clubs earning and keep the fans happy if they do that they will keep them coming back.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

The BSPA can allow a rider to race within seven days following a none speedway illness but they can also prevent them. This preventative measure has as far as I know never been implemented until now.

Actually, it was used all the time in the 90s and into the early 00s, certainly was being used in 2003.

Did Lambert not win the Pairs at the beginning of the season? Think he has missed 5 though if you include the British Championship.

Youre right, he did. I forgot about the Premiership Pairs.

Dont know why Wolves are not using Nick Morris

Think he's riding for Sheffield in the Promo-Releg Trophy TV showpiece at Leicester. plus the Wolves don't look ahead like they used to!

• Like 1

Cook missing makes wolves clear favourites now. The only bonus is everyone can now have an r/r ride which means we dont need to use a reserve as we would for fricke. We need Tungate and worrall on top form to stand any chance.

I will hold my opinion on the cook issue until me know more.

Cook missing makes wolves clear favourites now. The only bonus is everyone can now have an r/r ride which means we dont need to use a reserve as we would for fricke. We need Tungate and worrall on top form to stand any chance.

I will hold my opinion on the cook issue until me know more.

Belle Vue are still clear favourites, Wolves have four riders missing and Harris has improved lately so Belle Vue even have the best guest!

• Like 1

Belle Vue are still clear favourites, Wolves have four riders missing and Harris has improved lately so Belle Vue even have the best guest!

Harris will give 100% as always but hes never been great around belle vue and is unlikely to get close to what cook would score.

Bjerre pulled out of open meeting in Poland after 3 rides yesterday.

Anyone know why and will it affect his attendance at BV tonight?

Bjerre pulled out of open meeting in Poland after 3 rides yesterday.

Anyone know why and will it affect his attendance at BV tonight?

That would be a tough break if Bjerre is out or carrying a knock. This fixture appears cursed.

Edit: Bjerre mentions the meeting on his Twitter account but doesn't record any problems, so hopefully all good.

Edited by Fourentee

A FANS STATEMENT:

I would like to congratulate the BSPA on dragging team speedway to such an all time low that all six teams riding tonight have declared rider-replacement in their respective line-ups.

Is there any chance of the SCB suspending r/r for seven days as this "illness" is spreading rapidly!

Most meetings are delayed by:-

1: rider rep meaning back to back heats for the riders.

2: Gardening at the starting gate.

3: Tractor racing.

Any chance of a meeting running smoothly at this time of year?

• Like 3

Harris will give 100% as always but hes never been great around belle vue and is unlikely to get close to what cook would score.

True but Harris is still better than Nicholls his opposite number tonight.

A FANS STATEMENT:

I would like to congratulate the BSPA on dragging team speedway to such an all time low that all six teams riding tonight have declared rider-replacement in their respective line-ups.

Is there any chance of the SCB suspending r/r for seven days as this "illness" is spreading rapidly!

Most meetings are delayed by:-

1: rider rep meaning back to back heats for the riders.

2: Gardening at the starting gate.

3: Tractor racing.

Any chance of a meeting running smoothly at this time of year?

Plus numerous tape restarts, some justified but many not.