British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

Re Cook, there have been far, far too many short-term illnesses amongst riders, mostly linked to trips to Poland or scheduled trips to inconvenient fixtures. It is essential that the cases of those suffering are thoroughly investigated and that the safety of other riders is not compromised ;-)

I've never known a sport with so many short-term illnesses or miracle recoveries. Is it something in the methanol?

Congratulations to the BSPA for finally tackling this and hopefully improving the long-term health of their competitors.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 3

Cook missing makes wolves clear favourites now. The only bonus is everyone can now have an r/r ride which means we dont need to use a reserve as we would for fricke. We need Tungate and worrall on top form to stand any chance.

I will hold my opinion on the cook issue until me know more.

So the away team who are missing 4 riders are favourites over the home team who are missing 2 riders ? Hmmm. Based on the last aborted attempt, it may well be that Bewley and Smith win the tie for Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Re Cook, there have been far, far too many short-term illnesses amongst riders, mostly linked to trips to Poland or scheduled trips to inconvenient fixtures. It is essential that the cases of those suffering are thoroughly investigated and that the safety of other riders is not compromised ;-)

I've never known a sport with so many short-term illnesses or miracle recoveries. Is it something in the methanol?

Congratulations to the BSPA for finally tackling this and hopefully improving the long-term health of their competitors.

The fact they finally decide to tackle the issue when it effects Belle Vue is purely coincidental.

• Like 1

So the away team who are missing 4 riders are favourites over the home team who are missing 2 riders ? Hmmm. Based on the last aborted attempt, it may well be that Bewley and Smith win the tie for Belle Vue.

With a 10 point lead yes.

Workingtons Craig Cook says he's not riding.

Workington say it's ok.

Belle Vue get penalised.

It's like if my next door neighbours say it's ok for their dog to take a dump outside my house and when I come out to complain the council official slaps me with a fine for dog fouling!

With a 10 point lead yes.

Well we will see tonight, that's if the weather doesn't intervene again !

No problem with the BSPA finally dealing with this issue, as long as they do it across the board and consistently. As far as I'm aware the Management Committee have invoked this rule which opens the thorny problem of vested interests.....

• Like 3

Yep. Not rained so far today so fingers crossed.

This is just Chapman's personal vendetta and the sooner he fu##ks off out of British speedway the better.

Hmmm. An interesting viewpoint.

Doesn't mean the poster is right tho.

Or wrong.

Things happen in meetings but comparing the teams if Belle Vue don't win by more 10 it will be a big shock, possible but a big shock.

• Like 1

Workington say it's ok.

Belle Vue get penalised.

It's like if my next door neighbours say it's ok for their dog to take a dump outside my house and when I come out to complain the council official slaps me with a fine for dog fouling!

Not sure what options Workington had when a rider calls in sick at 2.30pm on the day of a meeting in Glasgow. Quite agree that Belle Vue have suffered damage in the fallout from something not of their making.

Craig will miss Workingtons next away meeting at Glasgow on friday night (guest allowed) and with r/r for Thomas Jorgensen and Matt Williamson out injured its very doubtful that i will be making the trip to Glasgow.

I can see the wrongs and rights from both sides, the BSPA by allowing the rider to recover from illness (or not ) and Craigs genuine illness but his teams lose out.

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/6177/cook-forced-out-of-cup

Edited by topaz325

The fact they finally decide to tackle the issue when it effects Belle Vue is purely coincidental.

I think you'll find they did it to Peterborough yesterday re. BWD, so not coincidental

• Like 1

Not sure what options Workington had when a rider calls in sick at 2.30pm on the day of a meeting in Glasgow. Quite agree that Belle Vue have suffered damage in the fallout from something not of their making.

Funny coincidences about the Actual meetings that Cook has missed and the short notice involved. the mystery illness seems to be very selective as to when it kicks in and when it doesn't.

• Like 2

Workington say it's ok.

Belle Vue get penalised.

That's what doubling up/down does for you!