British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

No I'm not having that one, for the 3rd time on the night, Mr Tippy Tumble totally lost control and ended up on his arse, even one of your ex riders, Scott Nicholls, who was there by the way, said Jacob was totally innocent

All opinions, isn't it? It appears that many ex-riders, including Scott, believed Lindgren to have been the cause of the crash at Belle Vue. Had that decision gone our way, I believe we would have won the double this season.

• Like 2

Two very closely matched teams. As we are in the realms of conjecture here, I'd say that but for one awful refereeing decision which went against Kenneth Bjerre, Belle Vue would have done the double this season.

If the ref hadn't got it wrong two years ago and if the BSPA sorted the ringer problem a year earlier we would have been celebrating a glorious treble again.

Officialdom is The Aces biggest threat, always has been.

All opinions, isn't it? It appears that many ex-riders, including Scott, believed Lindgren to have been the cause of the crash at Belle Vue. Had that decision gone our way, I believe we would have won the double this season.

It is indeed but the official stance from the referees seems to be to exclude the rider behind or inside regardless of the circumstances

If the ref hadn't got it wrong two years ago and if the BSPA sorted the ringer problem a year earlier we would have been celebrating a glorious treble again.

Officialdom is The Aces biggest threat, always has been.

But the knee jerk reaction from the bspa has been a step too far in my opinion with teams having to go through a large chunk of the season using r/r, yourselves included

Two very closely matched teams. As we are in the realms of conjecture here, I'd say that but for one awful refereeing decision which went against Kenneth Bjerre, Belle Vue would have done the double this season.

Have to disagree - BV only beat Swindon in the KO Cup semi because of the two poor performing Poole riders. If they had ridden to their potential then Swindon would have done the double this season :wink:

Ifs buts and maybes

• Like 1

Have to disagree - BV only beat Swindon in the KO Cup semi because of the two poor performing Poole riders. If they had ridden to their potential then Swindon would have done the double this season :wink:

Ifs buts and maybes

Indeed, but the way Swindon rode at home, there would have been no coming back at Belle Vue IMO

• Like 1

Ifs buts and maybes

And Swindon only beat Wolves in the final because they were severely weakened, Lindgrens replacement only scoring 4 points at Monmore, Bombers poor performance that night is the only reason they won Edited by Call me wolfie

And Swindon only beat Wolves in the final because they were severely weakened, Lindgrens replacement only scoring 4 points at Monmore, Bombers poor performance that night is the only reason they won

My starting point was that at full strength, I think Wolves would have had two trophies in the cabinet this season.

The reason Swindon won is that they were the best team on aggregate over the two legs.

• Like 1

Ifs buts and maybes

Imagine if cook and bewley rode in the first leg, if jack smith didnt get injured in heat 2 which left us with 1 reserve and 1 heat where we could only have 3 rides and add the fact BWD taking an illegal ride the lead Swindon took to BV would of been a couple of points if any at all.

Aces were deserved winners of the cup.

Swindon deserved winners of the play offs

End of story.

• Like 2

Wolves won 51-38 in the play off semi with Thorsell crashing out in heat 14 and Belle Vue only missing Smith. As i said only my opinion.

Yes and in the return Belle Vue won 51-39 losing out by a single point.

Yes and in the return Belle Vue won 51-39 losing out by a single point.

Would have won by more overall had Lindgren not crashed out in heat 13.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

And if my Auntie had had bollocks she'd have been my Uncle!!

😀😀

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Thats the heat Bjerre was wrongly excluded from , maybe it would have closer than 1 point

If KB would have took his rightful place in the re-run ? Who knows

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Thats the heat Bjerre was wrongly excluded from , maybe it would have closer than 1 point

If KB would have took his rightful place in the re-run ? Who knows

Depends on your viewpoint. Still say it was a 50/50 incident.

Depends on your viewpoint. Still say it was a 50/50 incident.

My view point is that you and the ref need a visit to spec savers lol.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

Nothing is certain in this world except death and taxes, heat 7 24/07/17.Heat 07: Bewley, Tungate, Lindgren, Schlein; 5-1; 24-18 60.94

Here's the clip, fast forward to heat 7 www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c12EVnr94M&index=3&list=PLLwP2bVGl29wJYSlGMi3OGPVrG2SkUnKA

Edited by hyderd