British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

On the Belle Vue web-site previously, the management have commendably denounced poor behaviour by fans in the Grand Final. Yet referring to the second leg of the KO Cup final, they have called it a 'grudge match'. Hardly seems like consistent thinking to me. :unsure:

If you were upset about Belle Vue calling it a grudge match you must have been incandescent with rage reading the Wolves Facebook page this morning. I bet you're still thinking of suitable words of condemnation. :lol:

• Like 1

If you were upset about Belle Vue calling it a grudge match you must have been incandescent with rage reading the Wolves Facebook page this morning. I bet you're still thinking of suitable words of condemnation. :lol:

I was not upset by the description of grudge match to be honest, it was purely the juxtaposition with the club statement about fan behaviour made it seem slightly incongruous. As for Wolves I don't think they should have made that comment, Belle Vue are fired up enough already.

• Like 1

Both clubs are simply trying to drum up interest for a match they know quite a number of fans may be giving a miss due to all the injuries.

Both clubs are simply trying to drum up interest for a match they know quite a number of fans may be giving a miss due to all the injuries.

I go along with that. Wolves just got a bit carried away and overstepped the mark but have now withdrawn the post so at least have acknowledged their mistake. Hopefully, not quick enough to have made the Aces even more determined.

Some realistic Wolves fans were saying yesterday that the guests have given them a decent team for the home leg. Morris, Wells and Nicholls can all do well at Monmore. We are without Fricke, our best rider at Wolves in the play offs and according to Wolves fans, Tungate and Cook are just throttle jockeys, incapable of riding the technical track. Although I guess some of them might have changed their minds by now.

Cook, Worrall and Smith were all injured at the weekend so the away leg could be tough. Hopefully, the track tonight will not have been affected by the weather and will be better prepared to allow some decent racing. I'm hoping for an Aces win and it is certainly possible but a small Wolves lead won't be a disaster.

Apart from Nicholls I don't know who will be guesting for Wolves at the NSS but I think we can do more than enough there to win overall.

At the moment the weather forecast is for heavy rain most of the day on Wednesday, stopping at about 6/7pm. I am sure that, if necessary, a new date can be found before the end of the season.

Did you see Nicholls last night he was worse than Harris last week, Morris often has a fall in one of his outings, Cook and Worrall are usually good at Monmore and Tungate has had good meetings there too. Fricke is a miss for Belle Vue but Wolves are missing four of their top 5.

Edited by foreverblue

Did you see Nicholls last night he was worse than Harris last week, Morris often has a fall in one of his outings, Cook and Worrall are usually good at Monmore and Tungate has had good meetings there too. Fricke is a miss for Belle Vue but Wolves are missing four of their top 5.

I don't think you can judge Nicholls on his performance last night, he is much better on the smaller tracks. As I said, some Wolves fans have commented they have a decent side with the guests and they will have seen them at Monmore more often than you or I.

It is a technical track with a significant home advantage and Nicholls and Wells usually go well there, I don't know about Morris but he did well there for Swindon and many Wolves fans wanted him as a guest. I am hoping for an Aces win but we shall see what happens.

I don't think you can judge Nicholls on his performance last night, he is much better on the smaller tracks. As I said, some Wolves fans have commented they have a decent side with the guests and they will have seen them at Monmore more often than you or I.

It is a technical track with a significant home advantage and Nicholls and Wells usually go well there, I don't know about Morris but he did well there for Swindon and many Wolves fans wanted him as a guest. I am hoping for an Aces win but we shall see what happens.

Wells is a ex Wolves rider and usually rides well there so he could be a bonus and Morris could do ok but they are nowhere near the riders they are replacing. Thorssell and Lindgren are irreplaceable at Monmore. Personally I would have picked Ritchie Worrall he was terrific when Poole were there.

Edited by foreverblue

Wolverhampton Facebook.

TONIGHT ◾

KOC Final v Belle Vue

WE NEED YOU to be our 7th Wolf!

Once again the #wolfpack are underdogs as we are without 4 riders including our top 2 riders due to injury but we will give it everything as we deserve a trophy this season.

We thank our guests that will come into the Pack

Will Belle Vue choke as they did in the 2016 Final and the semi final this year?

Only time will tell....

Be there to find out!

Its our last meeting this year, dont miss it! Its a long winter #wolfpack

That should give the Aces the motivation to win.

Thank god they didn't use the term "grudge match" , how inflammatory would that have been !

• Like 2

No you sound like a Aces fan trying to make out Wolves should win when in truth Belle Vue should walk this overall.

Nope im a Belle Vue playing the wolves game.

Thank god they didn't use the term "grudge match" , how inflammatory would that have been !

Winners don't need to hold a grudge. 😁

Winners don't need to hold a grudge.

You've obviously not seen how often the showers and champagne crop up on the Coventry and Poole threads.:lol:

.... Or childishly ridicule the opposition on their official FB page ?

I was frankly shocked!

as previously stated to another poster Nicholls has been average at the Green this year with two scores of 7, Wells has scores of 8 and 5 for Rye.

Morris meanwhile appears most fans guest op choice.

:rofl:

Whoever was responsible for that Facebook post should be made to watch 'Erik Gundersen's greatest gates' DVD on a loop for 24 hours non stop. That'll teach 'em :P