British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

So wolves and belle vue meet yet again.

The rivalry is on the verge of boiling over, so atmosphere wise it should be a feisty, loud and tense one.

Let's hope it's what happens on track that gets us talking, and no injuries this time.

Heard Nicholls is the guest for freddie but personally think they will go for morris.

Aces will have there 1-7

think we will finally win a trophy, well here's hoping anyway.

Good luck both teams

(If he wraps up the world title tonight) Would Doyle take a booking for the Monmore leg?

Edited by arnieg

(If he wraps up the world title tonight) Would Doyle take a booking for the Monmore leg?

Wouldnt have thought so - I think he wants to get to Australia this year

The least excited about a meaningless final I think I can ever be.

Whitewash in both leagues.

Should give the Aces fans some crumbs to hang on to of a decent season.

They won't lose this chance.

So wolves and belle vue meet yet again.

The rivalry is on the verge of boiling over, so atmosphere wise it should be a feisty, loud and tense one.

Let's hope it's what happens on track that gets us talking, and no injuries this time.

Heard Nicholls is the guest for freddie but personally think they will go for morris.

Aces will have there 1-7

think we will finally win a trophy, well here's hoping anyway.

Good luck both teams

Congratulations to the Aces on their win. Can we just finish the season now please ?

With no real news on Jacob and Freddie, these are worrying times 😓

• Like 2

I certainly don't see it as meaningless and wouldn't do if I were a Wolves supporter. I can say that from the experience of 2005 when we topped the league, Bjerre was injured and the rules didn't allow us to replace him. We lost in the play off final but won the KO Cup. It didn't make up for losing the play offs, far from it, because that is the most important competition but it is a genuine trophy and the second most important to win.

Many Wolves fans thought it was going to be a walkover for Swindon but it wasn't, far from it and with a decent guest and the same fighting spirit who knows what can be achieved.

I hope we get two good meetings with no bad incidents on track or on the terraces. No doubt some of the idiots from both clubs will be there but we need the overwhelming number of decent fans from both teams to make their presence felt and let the few idiots know they are not welcome.

I think the best way is not to react to them, ignore them and if necessary let the security people deal with them.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

The least excited about a meaningless final I think I can ever be.

Whitewash in both leagues.

Should give the Aces fans some crumbs to hang on to of a decent season.

They won't lose this chance.

Crumbs as a club we are still in with a chance of winning three trophy's as we are in 2 KOC finals and a play off final.If we win all 3 this will have been a fantastic season for me who has not missed a home meeting for either the Aces or the Colts and who has followed both teams with equal passion.

• Like 3

I'm away for a week in Harlech Wales, I have every intention of driving back to M/cr to see the Aces and Wolves clash once again. If the Wolves fans think it's a meaningless final, that's their loss.

On a sour note, the weather forecast for Wednesday doesn't look to rosy.

Crumbs as a club we are still in with a chance of winning three trophy's as we are in 2 KOC finals and a play off final.If we win all 3 this will have been a fantastic season for me who has not missed a home meeting for either the Aces or the Colts and who has followed both teams with equal passion.

The colts indeed have been a great success.

Absolutely enjoyed watching them ride this year and a class above at NL level.

League titles are the bread and butter, anything else are crumbs IMHO.

And yes I would feel the same way if we were to win the KO cup with or without a full side.

Presumably Kyle Howarth will be turning out for Sheffield next Wednesday. Very difficult to get anywhere near excited about this meeting.

Presumably Kyle Howarth will be turning out for Sheffield next Wednesday. Very difficult to get anywhere near excited about this meeting.

Well that makes it interesting because you can have a very good rider as a guest for kyle.

I'm away for a week in Harlech Wales, I have every intention of driving back to M/cr to see the Aces and Wolves clash once again. If the Wolves fans think it's a meaningless final, that's their loss.

On a sour note, the weather forecast for Wednesday doesn't look to rosy.

It's Steve who has said it's meaningless. I disgree, it is an official competition with a trophy at the end of it. However, I think most Wolves are feeling deflated after the Swindon result, and as I have said previously with no news on Jacob and Freddie these are worrying times. Furthermore the Aces are a much better team at Monmore than the robins, so the overall result is a foregone conclusion. All of these things together lead to the lack of enthusiasm.☹️

It's Steve who has said it's meaningless. I disgree, it is an official competition with a trophy at the end of it. However, I think most Wolves are feeling deflated after the Swindon result, and as I have said previously with no news on Jacob and Freddie these are worrying times. Furthermore the Aces are a much better team at Monmore than the robins, so the overall result is a foregone conclusion. All of these things together lead to the lack of enthusiasm.☹️

Freddie has put out a video on social media of him walking and smiling so news is starting to look brighter. Let's hope we start hearing positive news regards Jacob.

I still stand by my comment on it being meaningless but of course you are correct that it's an official competition so I fully understand some might see it as an opportunity to win an official trophy.

The competition was binned for several years because no one supported it. Has there been good crowds to support this competition for it to continue? Genuine question as the crowd for the 1st leg at Wolves was poor.

This shouldn't even be a contest over 2 legs - a shame how injuries have effectively robbed us at 2 real chances of silverware. Oh well !

Cookie and Worrall have had a big crash with each other tonight.

Frickes had a bad crash

No lindgren or JT and no howarth.

Could be 2 weird looking teams