British Speedway Forum
dantodan

When Should I Add Newcastle To The Defunct Speedway Website!

I was looking for a more positive thread title but couldn't find one! :mad: So as the villain of this piece I am asking as follows: -

We must be getting close now to the promoter's meeting, referred to, I believe by George over the mic. I didn't hear him on the microphone too well, as where i stand close to the 4th bend is often a children's playground. They were making such a din I could only catch the odd word George was saying.

Is there a promoter's meeting and when is it? Just wondering how long it will be before we hear what the future has in store for us the Brough Park faithful :D

Edited by dantodan

"At the moment Steve Brock and I are working to make sure we do continue but those plans are being worked on and we have until the declaration time at the BSPA AGM in mid-November to declare our hand one way or another. "

This is the only information I can find... Mid November... We'll just have to be patient and hope, and if we haven't heard anything come December 1st... Assume the worst has happened

"At the moment Steve Brock and I are working to make sure we do continue but those plans are being worked on and we have until the declaration time at the BSPA AGM in mid-November to declare our hand one way or another. "

This is the only information I can find... Mid November... We'll just have to be patient and hope, and if we haven't heard anything come December 1st... Assume the worst has happened

Not sure, but I understood that the AGM starts at the end of next week. The AGM used to be around he 25th Nov years ago, but it was brought forward by a week some years ago, in order to get the fixtures out earlier to match up with the other countries fixtures. I don't think the decision to withdraw or continue will be released until it is advised on the first day of the AGM.

so thats a couple of weeks away yet, so in the meantime folk can get on with their preperations for the big fella coming down the chimney :),,, or come up with some 'good' ideas to save the Diamonds. Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

Except for a large dollop of cash, from a cash rich sponsor or a group of cash rich fans can save Newcastle.

Best thing would be for all interested in saving the Diamonds to buy an extra Lottery ticket and hope for the best. If I win more than £10 million I will step in and help.

Edited by waytogo28

George will be at the SGB/BSPA meeting this weekend I believe? So we should be put out of our misery soon

George will be at the SGB/BSPA meeting this weekend I believe? So we should be put out of our misery soon

you can't wait, am sure your dying to put it in.

• Like 2

you can't wait, am sure your dying to put it in.

You must see me as the grim reaper RD! I am sure that if it is possible, George and Steve will find a way to keep us going. If we close it will be the saddest thing I can imagine for me to put our beloved track into the "Defunct Speedway" website

You must see me as the grim reaper RD!

as soon as I read the post, thats exactly who I thought of, lol

Oh,,, and WKD of course ;)

. Were Newcastle at the AGM ? Not sure

. Were Newcastle at the AGM ? Not sure

Yes they were.

Who represented Newcastle?

George

Speedway GB website has a feed giving bullet points and saying they will say more on Monday

They say: -

Full update to follow on Monday.
Great progress with fixed race days
8 Premiership clubs
11 Championship clubs
Team building averages agreed
Fans feedback re tac sub and starting rules taken on board
PLUS other initiatives

i wonder who the 11 championship clubs are? Fingers crossed

Edited by dantodan