British Speedway Forum
dantodan

When Should I Add Newcastle To The Defunct Speedway Website!

Well for it not to be Newcastle 1 of the likes of Buxton Stoke IOW or Mildenhall would have to move up with Lakeside so Is say the Diamonds are safe 👍

• Like 1

Hopefully this is a sign of positive news. I'm not a Newcastle fan (Berwick) in fact I've always seen Newcastle as the pantomime hated rivals, but I also realise that every club needs a rival. Berwick's crowd levels go up when Newcastle visit and vice-versa. And I've also been in the position Newcastle fans are in now with an uncertain future, not a good position to be in.

Fingers crossed everything turns out well.

• Like 2

George was not at the AGM

Hope this is Fact not Fiction

Hope this is Fact not Fiction lol

Great news, George English has a role to play within the BSPA, he wouldn't be doing that if Newcastle were about to close and better still Newcastle are named in the Championship KO Cup for 2018. So if everything goes to plan, Newcastle will continue and I will not have to add the Diamonds to the Defunct Speedway Website :t::party: :party: :party:

I hope the missing fans all come back next year. When can I buy my season ticket

• Like 2

Great news, George English has a role to play within the BSPA, he wouldn't be doing that if Newcastle were about to close and better still Newcastle are named in the Championship KO Cup for 2018. So if everything goes to plan, Newcastle will continue and I will not have to add the Diamonds to the Defunct Speedway Website :t::party: :party: :party:

I hope the missing fans all come back next year. When can I buy my season ticket

you could get it all prepared to put in,,,, but just DON'T press 'send',,,,, yet ;)

Yeah,,, see they have Newcastle v Workington drawn in round 2,,, no need to wait around for others there then (the luck of the draw) ;)

you could get it all prepared to put in,,,, but just DON'T press 'send',,,,, yet ;)

Yeah,,, see they have Newcastle v Workington drawn in round 2,,, no need to wait around for others there then (the luck of the draw) ;)

Yes Ruff, my index finger has been hovering over the send button for a few weeks, a bit like Donald Trump and the nuclear button, but great I can take my finger off the button now and I hope mr Trump is never faced by such a worrying thing as adding the Diamonds to the Defunct Website :lol: He would blow it!

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

I loved the 1960's at Brough Park standing in 7,000 plus crowds....stopped attending in late 1960's and returned in 2000's when I was on holiday in Isle of Wight and ironically found out the diamonds were there that night....since then I have been to a good few away meetings and occasional home....however I was with a friend ldown south interviewing a famous Newcastle footballer and decided to watch the diamonds at Peterborough. The diamonds had their only away win that night but my elation was cut short when me and my mate held a big Newcastle Diamonds

flag up as the team came round and we were totally blanked...other things happened that night when we accidentally walked in to the VIP area and we were shopped by a Newcastle person in there...two things which told me to finish going to watch those arrogant persons who rode for us....I also complained about the number of idiots smoking inside Brough Park and also the new craze of vaping!..nothing was done so quite honestly that is me finished....55 years after my first match with my dad. For the sake of people like Tsunami, Dantodan and Mike 7169...I really do hope Speedway continues at Brough Park.

Edited by Mauger_Magic

There has been a deafening silence via the official Newcastle website so are we celebrating too soon I wonder. Perhaps it is still a case of "we may run" or "we may not run" I wouldn't fancy playing poker with George!

I loved the 1960's at Brough Park standing in 7,000 plus crowds....stopped attending in late 1960's and returned in 2000's when I was on holiday in Isle of Wight and ironically found out the diamonds were there that night....since then I have been to a good few away meetings and occasional home....however I was with a friend ldown south interviewing a famous Newcastle footballer and decided to watch the diamonds at Peterborough. The diamonds had their only away win that night but my elation was cut short when me and my mate held a big Newcastle Diamonds

flag up as the team came round and we were totally blanked...other things happened that night when we accidentally walked in to the VIP area and we were shopped by a Newcastle person in there...two things which told me to finish going to watch those arrogant persons who rode for us....I also complained about the number of idiots smoking inside Brough Park and also the new craze of vaping!..nothing was done so quite honestly that is me finished....55 years after my first match with my dad. For the sake of people like Tsunami, Dantodan and Mike 7169...I really do hope Speedway continues at Brough Park.

Hi Mauger Magic thanks for the credit but it is Mike7164 LOL and won't forget the lifts you gave me around 2006 and 2007 either!

Does anyone know why Steve Worrall, our rider of the year has signed for Scunthorpe? Good luck Steve for 2018, we will miss you

Does anyone know why Steve Worrall, our rider of the year has signed for Scunthorpe? Good luck Steve for 2018, we will miss you

Cos he has a sunday place in Poland I would think, and it's a short commute from home to Scunthorpe

• Like 1

Cos he has a sunday place in Poland I would think, and it's a short commute from home to Scunthorpe

agree,,, he's gonna be a busy lad, best of luck to them.

get your finger on the thing ;)

agree,,, he's gonna be a busy lad, best of luck to them.

get your finger on the thing ;)

Best put it on the button I think.