British Speedway Forum
dantodan

When Should I Add Newcastle To The Defunct Speedway Website!

woe woe and thrice woe! it's not nice being the guy with his finger on the button! :mad:

my elation was cut short when me and my mate held a big Newcastle Diamonds flag up as the team came round and we were totally blanked.

I was at Scunny one nite last year (not sure who won) and the away team did the same to their travelling fans; about a dozen all singing, shouting, clapping, cheering & waving flags, so hard not to notice, but their riders - nothing, not a wave or even a glance. Disgraceful....

Edited by Martin Mauger

woe woe and thrice woe! it's not nice being the guy with his finger on the button! :mad:

just relax, take your finger off,,, am sure you'll still be the first to press it if need be ;)

Just do it ,You know you really want to be the first lol

Just do it ,You know you really want to be the first lol

Hah No! I want George to continue as our boss of the continuing but financially ailing Newcastle Speedway and not be the boss of the given up Defunct Diamonds, but if there are no funds for the 2018 campaign then we should close down with dignity and grace and be remembered as a great old venue. If closing happens, be assured that Brough Park will not be allowed to stage speedway again and where does that leave us? There are no other venues that speedway would be able to start up in.

I know I am the only person on this forum expecting Newcastle to close down and I really hope I am wrong so come on Newcastle Speedway put something on your website to explain the current situation are we running or are we not?

• Like 3

I amy truly have missed something but did not teams declare that the were running or not at the AGM? Or were some given an extension ( not only Newcastle )? I feel that the 31st December has the a cut off date for so many practical reasons or any promotion. But I too hope that there is good news to cheer for local fans before Christmas - complete with Ho Ho Ho and George try much on the Naughty list.

I was at Scunny one nite last year (not sure who won) and the away team did the same to their travelling fans; about a dozen all singing, shouting, clapping, cheering & waving flags, so hard not to notice, but their riders - nothing, not a wave or even a glance. Disgraceful....

One particular Newcastle rider has an annoying habit of completely ignoring the crowd, instead he seems to prefer to gaze at the empty back straight during the riders introductions. Much prefer the two teams walking out together and acknowledging the fans who pay their wages, walking out as a team, not as individuals. Please do away with the currant intro's and back to the old style parades......come out as a team lads - and give the fans a wave.

"The Mackem"

• Like 1

Hope the Diamonds do continue (I believe they definitely will).......but for reasons I have highlighted I won't be there.

Edited by Mauger_Magic

I have no problem with George English, he has kept us going through thick and thin and mostly thin! For that, a big thank you, George BUT! the last few days have been terrible and no-one, George or any other in his absence has had the decency to inform the fans what is going on. NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY? please tell us fans if we are operating next year! If George you have been on a family cruise then congratulations, hope it was fun, but what about the rest of us? we are family too and need to make plans for 2018 involving our holidays around the fixture list . So come on tell us as follows: Are We Running or Are We Not :nono: Surely the time has come to tell the most important people involved with Newcastle Diamonds (The Fans) the truth about our future

Visiting the official website is depressing as it is woefully out of date :cry:

Edited by dantodan

I have no problem with George English, he has kept us going through thick and thin and mostly thin! For that, a big thank you, George BUT! the last few days have been terrible and no-one, George or any other in his absence has had the decency to inform the fans what is going on. NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY? please tell us fans if we are operating next year! If George you have been on a family cruise then congratulations, hope it was fun, but what about the rest of us? we are family too and need to make plans for 2018 involving our holidays around the fixture list . So come on tell us as follows: Are We Running or Are We Not :nono: Surely the time has come to tell the most important people involved with Newcastle Diamonds (The Fans) the truth about our future

Visiting the official website is depressing as it is woefully out of date :cry:

your answer maybe be on the Newcastle 2018 thread :(

Today's the day then? Or as it's speedway lets re-set it to Jan 1st 2018. Still plenty of time to start team building.