British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Ko Cup 2nd Leg Monday 9th October 2017 At 7.30pm

Lambert signed for Lublin in Poland whos race night was on a SATURDAY, he was only able to ride in a few meetings for them because NEWCASTLE took precedence, hence signed for Newcastle as ride on a Sunday......FACT

The recent few weeks regarding Poland taking precedence over Newcastle on the Sundays was because the meetings were already put on the International calendar, and sadly Newcastles meetings were re arranged ones. To which was not Lamberts fault.......FACT

I am certainly NOT sticking up for Lambert just stating facts.........

When he rode for Poland during the season on a Saturday he was always back at Newcastle the Next day.......Even when he had the European Under 19/21 he was back the next day......

It wasn't just the 4s he missed, he didn't ride the night before at Leicester.......Fact.

He has given 110% solid commitment to Newcastle apart from this Monday, maybe Newcastle should of thought about the meetings!!!!!!!!

Glasgow Friday.......Worky Saturday......Poland Sunday......Newcastle Monday

Pairs Sunday

I was as Worky with a group of friends sat night and if anything looking suspect is Stevie.......There was NO COMPLAINT what so ever about his wrist, and it looked fine when some of the group were chatting to him after the meeting.......That's a Pi$$ take and this is certainly not the first time either.

Lambert signed for Lublin in Poland whos race night was on a SATURDAY, he was only able to ride in a few meetings for them because NEWCASTLE took precedence, hence signed for Newcastle as ride on a Sunday......FACT

The recent few weeks regarding Poland taking precedence over Newcastle on the Sundays was because the meetings were already put on the International calendar, and sadly Newcastles meetings were re arranged ones. To which was not Lamberts fault.......FACT

When he rode for Poland during the season on a Saturday he was always back at Newcastle the Next day.......Even when he had the European Under 19/21 he was back the next day......

It wasn't just the 4s he missed, he didn't ride the night before at Leicester.......Fact.

He has given 110% solid commitment to Newcastle apart from this Monday, maybe Newcastle should of thought about the meetings!!!!!!!!

Pairs Sunday

I was as Worky with a group of friends sat night and if anything looking suspect is Stevie.......There was NO COMPLAINT what so ever about his wrist, and it looked fine when some of the group were chatting to him after the meeting.......That's a Pi$$ take and this is certainly not the first time either.

Though you might pop up again!!
  • Like 1

ashtree123,

am not sure if Newcastle had any fixtures planned for Sept/Oct until very late in the season, so not sure if they were all re-arranged.

as they weren't planned, did that mean that Lublin would get 'first dabs' on him and, do you think that the Newcastle bosses were unaware of the situation ? ;)

Pairs Sunday

Glad someone has come out with a factual statement in support of Robert ( 2 sides of coin and all of that) but sorry that you have had to have a dig at another rider in doing so.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are, Newcastle supporters are entitled to feel aggrieved at the laughable end to the season. The prospect of a young junior rider deputising at Number 1 for Robert in at least 3 meetings and yet again the inability to field their strongest team when there was at least the remote chance of silverware in the KOC. The latter was denied to them by Robert's "sick note" which was in stark contrast to the televised footage of his Lublin match scoring a maximum and joining in the celebrations without even the slightest hint of any discomfort in his movement. Not saying this is all Robert's fault by any means, but it does leave a sour taste to be denied the opportunity of progressing to the next stage of a competition because of this situation.

He is an undoubted talent and whilst I wish him every success in reaching the top pinnacle of his sport, he does need to remember that fans like to see their whole team being successful and not necessarily just one rider in that team.

As far as I can recall with Newcastle, our previous "World Class" stars, Nikki P, Ivan Mauger, Anders Michanek, Ole Olsen etc all gave 100% effort for the team as well as being successful in individual competitons. Their deeds are well recorded in the Archives of speedway history, and I am sure any of them will always be most welcome back at Brough Park. Not sure about Robert though.

thats put another 2 pages on this thread . now wheres my fly fishing reel , could do with some more bites !

thats put another 2 pages on this thread . now wheres my fly fishing reel , could do with some more bites !

Ah that old chestnut comes to the fore , now thats a surprise after you had been brought to task on your usual bull sh*t comments on Glasgow.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Och Jenga was only fishing , how did we fall for it ? :shock::wink:

Pairs Sunday

So where was Robert Monday? I am a big fan of Robert but no reason not to be there.

So where was Robert Monday? I am a big fan of Robert but no reason not to be there.

Injured,will be the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of Roberts appearences earlier in the season, his behaviour regarding his 'injury' on Sunday causing the non appearance on Monday, if he was in fact, not as injured as he would like people to believe, is totally unacceptable. Considering the meeting on Monday was his Championships clubs only chance of winning anything this season you would have thought he could have made some sort of effort. If it turns out that his injury is genuine, then I will offer my humble apologies, but until then my comments stand.

just using the forum people to air my own views on certain stuff , isnt that what we all do ?

Reading between the lines nobody is interested in your views.How about this you stay on the Workington threads and we will ignore you deal

• Like 1