British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolfcrazy

Places To Practice?

Hi guys,

After racing motocross all my life and finally giving speedway a go last year at the ripe old age of 35 (and absolutely loving it!) i really want to give it a proper go (as in a bit of amateur racing) so before I take the plunge and start hunting for a bike and kit I really wanted some general advice on where I could firstly get some practice in and secondly take part in a bit of amateur racing for a bit of fun?

I'm based in the East Midlands so centrally based so where in the country regularly holds practice days for owner/riders to get some laps in and is there anywhere in the UK that runs amateur racing?

Any help appreciated.

Edited by wolfcrazy

Scunthorpe hold regular practice sessions and am meetings summer and winter, rye house do lots of practice then you have your ameature clubs dragons and southern track riders. All advertise on here and face book, scunny is probably best place to start as very relaxed an informal

There is an amateur meeting at Leicester next Sunday, midday. You could go and see that, to see what goes on; but if you want to take part, and in most practice sessions, you will need your own equipment.

Isle of Wight training school is called My First Skid. Has a website and Facebook page with details. Gets very good reviews.

They have just built a new speedway training track at the Duns mx track at berwick in the borders which will be open all through the winter weekends weather permitting for practice should be open within the coming weeks will put up websight details when it's finished but it has a FB page 'Berwick speedway training academy' so keep a eye on that for more details

Redcar usually has practice days on each third Saturday on the month. This month it is on Sunday 22nd, but It is planned for those with their own equipment, but they do do days when you can hire equipment.

Isle of Wight training school is called My First Skid. Has a website and Facebook page with details. Gets very good reviews.

A young member of the family has just started out in the sport.Think his first spin was at IoW,but now seems to be riding at Iwade in Kent,who also have training

• Like 1