British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Sheffield V Leicester Prom./rel. Play Offs 1st & 2nd Legs

Will BT Sport opt out of showing the second leg? this is so very one sided and i must admit i did not expect it, I am sure Sheffield are better than this however the score is what it is and there always has been a sizable gap between the first and second divisions, I think even if Kings Lynn had finished bottom they would have enough over two legs to take on the best of the Championship teams, its down the order where it really shows.

There doesn't seem much point in holding it. I really thought Sheffield would be better tonight but they've been shocking.

Still light years ahead of that crap at Wolves though!

I always laugh when I see a Stoke supporter talking about a crap track.

The racing last Wednesday was miles better than this yawn fest.

Even Stoke could be more entertaining. Yes I know, that's a joke. :rofl:

There doesn't seem much point in holding it. I really thought Sheffield would be better tonight but they've been shocking.

This meeting has been forced on both teams.

Neither is riding in the premiership next season.

But Lakeside and Ipswich will be!!

This meeting has been forced on both teams.

Neither is riding in the premiership next season.

But Lakeside and Ipswich will be!!

Well Ipswich scored the most points tonight so have earned promotion 😜
  • Like 3

Well Ipswich scored the most points tonight so have earned promotion

Exactly!!!!!

And they are still pouring out the crap in interviews.

Don't treat us like we came down with the last lot of rain

Well Ipswich scored the most points tonight so have earned promotion

Yep - the worry now is how will Ipswich fair on Thursday with a full team, they won tonight with 3 riders!

I really thought we would do better, that's the first time I've seen them beaten this season. I'm certain things will be different in 3 days time.

• Like 1

Yep - the worry now is how will Ipswich fair on Thursday with a full team, they won tonight with 3 riders!

I really thought we would do better, that's the first time I've seen them beaten this season. I'm certain things will be different in 3 days time.

Unfortunately I dont think you will get caught out twice in the week.

Hope Im wrong though.....

Oh dear. Thought we would lose, but not that badly. Kyle and Josh G might not have won us the meeting, but think it would have been closer with them in the team. Probably not helped that King and co from Ipswich have ridden our track 3 or 4 times in the last month and so have got to know the track

VERY obvious the meeting was thrown by Sheffield , Bates riding the white line Nichols not competing .

Sheffield dont want to go in the premier league but had to ride in this damp squib of a meeting , only thing is I didnt think they would have made it that obvious , knew all this before it started but still went and paid my £15 .... DOH

I recent weeks Sheffield have ridden against all that Leicester team apart from the number one and made mince meat of them and tonight they couldnt accidentally on purpose get near them !

• Like 1

We been here before and remember only far too well as a Wolves fan when we had Edinburgh in a relegation / promotion playoff.....They just seem such pointless meetings only thing I remember of any excitement in the 2 legs was when Freddie got beat by Andrew Tully at Monmore but minus that both meetings were as close as Nicki Pedersen and Greg Hancock friendship.............not very close!!!!

Edited by Marc350

We were out gated in nearly every race. Heeps and Newman at reserve, end of story. We have just won the league and this is the first time the team have ridden at Owlerton. A total damp squid, no celebration. just a good hiding. That made all the tigers fan's that stand near me really p-ss-d off. That's how to promote speedway. Let the fans down.utt

• Like 2

VERY obvious the meeting was thrown by Sheffield , Bates riding the white line Nichols not competing .

Sheffield dont want to go in the premier league but had to ride in this damp squib of a meeting , only thing is I didnt think they would have made it that obvious , knew all this before it started but still went and paid my £15 .... DOH

I recent weeks Sheffield have ridden against all that Leicester team apart from the number one and made mince meat of them and tonight they couldnt accidentally on purpose get near them !

thats exactly as i seen it all the same riders as rest of season with exception of kim nielson or was it jim as that nugget tetum called him a few times

now half the ipswich team was out tonight so will they be as strong next time out or does the race suit of premership team really give them super hero powers

We were out gated in nearly every race. Heeps and Newman at reserve, end of story. We have just won the league and this is the first time the team have ridden at Owlerton. A total damp squid, no celebration. just a good hiding. That made all the tigers fan's that stand near me really p-ss-d off. That's how to promote speedway. Let the fans down.utt

i take it you stand on the home straight as i couldnt believe how empty 3/4 th bends were ive never seen sheffield that empty before

Nice of the promotion to pre warn that season tickets weren't valid. Also how come other TV meetings offer £10 admission?

Totally disagree with anyone who says that Sheffield were not trying.

Its simple on one side you have team that was built to a points limit of 40 where as the other is built to 50.

It does not take a rocket scientist to work who should or will win the cards are firmly stacked against the Championship team.

If you are going to have Promotion and Relegation then make it automatic rather than a Play Off, where one team is basically riding with one hand tied behind there back.

that would be a fairer solution.

• Like 5

Spinny have you ever seen Josh Bates ride the white line ?

Also how come the same Sheffield riders have beaten all bar one of tonights Leicester team numerous times in recent weeks but couldnt tonight ?