British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Sheffield V Leicester Prom./rel. Play Offs 1st & 2nd Legs

Promotion and relegation can't work under the current structure, so there's no benefit in doing it.

To me it should if win the league then you should be promoted if you finish bottom then your relegated, that is the only way it will work.

The present way it works the Championship side that is built to 40 point limit, has to try and beat a Premiership side that is built to a 50 point limit, and then try and beat them over two legs.

Keeping it that way means no team is ever likely to get promoted.

• Like 3

LEICESTER: Kim Nilsson, Michael Palm Toft, Pawel Przedpelski R/R, Erik Riss, Danny King, Cameron Heeps, James Sarjeant.

SHEFFIELD: Nick Morris, Todd Kurtz, Ty Proctor, Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

Hope im wrong but expect a big home win tonight in this one sided waste of time competition.The odds are stacked against us and since we won the league its gone flat.Shame we cant use another guest instead of r/r just to help even it up a bit.I hope we can wrap up the season on Thursday with a Sheffield Select v Redcar Select and celebrate our league title.

I think you cant be promoter at 2 clubs, so Bates is promoter at Sheffield and co-owner at Leicester, not 100% sure though, sure it was the same with Chris Van Straaten and Wolves/Re

I think you should look at the history of Speedway ,it is littered with promoters who ran more than one club at the same time

I think Mike Parker promoted at more than a dozen clubs and without him Speedway would not be alive today in the UK

• Like 1

I think you should look at the history of Speedway ,it is littered with promoters who ran more than one club at the same time

I think Mike Parker promoted at more than a dozen clubs and without him Speedway would not be alive today in the UK

But never more than six at the same time!

What a surprise. A top flight team dominating against a lower level team.

Great idea on paper however there is a huge gulf between both levels. And it's been at its closest for years!

Dreadful crowd, dreadful racing, watched 3 heats and switched it off. Hopefully it will get better.

Edited by spanner47

What a surprise. A top flight team dominating against a lower level team.

Great idea on paper however there is a huge gulf between both levels. And it's been at its closest for years!

I wonder if they missed a trick at the start of the season when riders were given one average.

Rather than Championship teams built to a 40 point limit and Premiership side built to a 50 point limit, have both leagues built to a 45 point limit.

My guess is that you would have seen a fairer more exciting Promotion/Relegation Play Off.

• Like 1

I wonder if they missed a trick at the start of the season when riders were given one average.

Rather than Championship teams built to a 40 point limit and Premiership side built to a 50 point limit, have both leagues built to a 45 point limit.

My guess is that you would have seen a fairer more exciting Promotion/Relegation Play Off.

Quite possibly. Although I don't see the real need to bring the 2 leagues closer in strength. Just a personal preference.

Well done to the Tigers last night on a spirited performance.Awesome ride from Georgie Wood.Lets get the celebrations on now this Thursday.

• Like 4