Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Sheffield V Leicester Prom./rel. Play Offs 1st & 2nd Legs

I'm sorry but if you thought last night was fixed you are deluded!

It was clear to see on Steady's face that he was disappointed, angry and a bit lost for words when Brando was interviewing him. Ideally, Sheffield are better suited to the premiership, and I'd hazard a guess that Mr Bates, would sooner rather Sheffield were in the top division, than Leicester.

I'm lost for words on some of these posts I have seen. To forget we won the league only a week or so ago, and the pairs victory on Sunday.. Some of the comments towards riders and club is embarrassing.

You cannot stop doubling up. Riders cannot afford it, clubs cannot afford it, and its here to stay. I personally have no issue with it. As long as I see the same riders each week for MY team, I've no interest what other clubs they ride for.

Edited by Bostonian
  • Like 2

One thing we did learn last night is that Przedpelski is on a ban for withholding his sevices(that`s assuming Nigel Pearson is correct)

I think he said he's eligible for a ban didn't he? That's the way I heard it... doesn't mean he's going to get one

I'm sorry but if you thought last night was fixed you are deluded!

It was clear to see on Steady's face that he was disappointed, angry and a bit lost for words when Brando was interviewing him. Ideally, Sheffield are better suited to the premiership, and I'd hazard a guess that Mr Bates, would sooner rather Sheffield were in the top division, than Leicester.

I'm lost for words on some of these posts I have seen. To forget we won the league only a week or so ago, and the pairs victory on Sunday.. Some of the comments towards riders and club is embarrassing.

You cannot stop doubling up. Riders cannot afford it, clubs cannot afford it, and its here to stay. I personally have no issue with it. As long as I see the same riders each week for MY team, I've no interest what other clubs they ride for.

If two or three clubs close over the winter, that'll stop doubling-up as there'd only be one league, you'll soon see then that riders can get by without doubling-up.

Then how come King Heeps and Newman were beatable and beaten two weeks ago and looked in a different class last night ?

They scored 19 between the three of them in 14 rides in the play off first leg.

Edited by OILYRAG

You lot are absolutely delusional. If it was a fix do you really think that they'd have set it up to be battered at home on telly? Really? Because that'll do some wonders for the crowd going forward. If it was a fix we'd have seen it a lot closer and then get slaughtered in the 2nd leg. But if it makes you feel better then keep the crazy conspiracy theories going!

It was a pointless meeting to begin with, but hopefully we'll see a response on Thursday in a meeting that does have some meaning...

• Like 3

Well see how much Sheffield wanted to go up through the winter , will they apply to join the Premier league ?

Edited by OILYRAG

I think the Ipswich lads have got dialled in now due to recent visits and non of them who rode last night are reserves.As spiny said one team was built to 40 points and the other 50 ? doesn't take much working out why we got hammered.Totally inbalanced but it is what it is another nail in the speedway coffin.Live on tv too.It cant help any negotiations with BT for further coverage.If the Sheffield lads had been gating then we might have got nearer to having a good meeting but apart fromLasses blasts it must have been poor viewing as was sundays meeting.What worries me is if we put the same standard performance in Thursday the witches could give us a pasting.Which after the cracking season weve had would take of the shine of the great performances the lads have put in over the last few months.

So am I, we've had our best season in years, but the first time we fail badly, people are out to complain. Not to mention all the duff meetings that have been televised over the years, yet suddenly it's all down to Sheffield if BT pull the plug.

Promotion/relegation has never worked, and I can't believe the promoters agreed to it at the last conference.

• Like 1

Then how come King Heeps and Newman were beatable and beaten two weeks ago and looked in a different class last night ?

They scored 19 between the three of them in 14 rides in the play off first leg.

The only real thing to point at between the league play-off and last night is the score from Josh Bates.

Bjerre scored more last night than he did against Sheffield, Sheffield were without their top 2 – and faced Newman and Heeps at reserve rather than 3 and 4.

It seems pretty natural Leicester would score a lot more than Ipswich given Leicester are a lot better than Ipswich.

Nicholls was embarrassing

It's quite funny following him on Twitter, his posts seem to rotate between apology to fans for poor performance, time at BT studios and time off.

Quite funny that is unless he's been riding for your team

This result firmly debunks the assertion that there is little difference between the two leagues. Sheffield and Nicholls were an embarrassment . Only Lasse Bjerre emerged with any credit whatsoever.

Not sure whether Pawel will get a ban for missing last night as he was obliged to attend the PZM Gala last night so the he would not have had start permission to race even if he had wanted to.

Not sure how it stands if a rider is missing a U.K. meeting due to his own national authority stopping him from riding especially as he joined mid season well after the date for PZM gala was announced

Not sure whether Pawel will get a ban for missing last night as he was obliged to attend the PZM Gala last night so the he would not have had start permission to race even if he had wanted to.

Not sure how it stands if a rider is missing a U.K. meeting due to his own national authority stopping him from riding especially as he joined mid season well after the date for PZM gala was announced

Is there not a precedent when Kasprzak missed a PL fixture because he attended a civic reception with his club in Poland?

This result firmly debunks the assertion that there is little difference between the two leagues. Sheffield and Nicholls were an embarrassment . Only Lasse Bjerre emerged with any credit whatsoever.

how can sheffield be an embarrassment ? other than scott nicholls (guest /nothing to do with sheffield) and lasse bjerre ...

todd kurtz - championship 2nd string

josh bates - championship 2nd string

jan gravesen - championship reserve

george wood - conference rider

4 lower end championship riders against seasoned GP/PL heat leaders/championship heat leaders , what did you expect exactly ????

how can sheffield be an embarrassment ? other than scott nicholls (guest /nothing to do with sheffield) and lasse bjerre ...

todd kurtz - championship 2nd string

josh bates - championship 2nd string

jan gravesen - championship reserve

george wood - conference rider

4 lower end championship riders against seasoned GP/PL heat leaders/championship heat leaders , what did you expect exactly ????

Put up some sort of show.!!!! If what you say is reflective of the actual position such meetings are a farce.

• Like 1