British Speedway Forum

Definite no to Bellego IMO. Simply too high an average for me and offers no potential value.

Yea it's a numbers game ..not to keen on Ellis as well .quite keen on keeping any of the other five .

I think Ellis has potential, but almost certainly bound back to Poole.

Is 2018 going to be the year for Nick Morris. Following his disappointing season in 2016, he really stepped up this year and hopefully he will win the rider of the season award. Certainly his last bend pass of Masters was a massive contribution to winning at Monmore.

Will Rosco go with Morris at one and have more evenly balanced side? I for one think he is finally ready to not only take the number one spot, but also to skipper the side.

• Like 2

''Rosco dynasty''

I've heard it all now! If Swindon hadn't of won it against a Wolves team without their 2 best riders then it would've been down to Rosco failing to ensure his riders weren't complacent at the 1st leg.

But they did win it!

Trust the management team to get it right again in the winter as they did this season. Would like the majority back in fairness as Wolves managed too. Only time will tell on team building averages & what riders decide to make themselves available.

Doyle signed a 2 year deal didn't he?

No idea but since Poland seem to run speedway he may do what they say.

Wasn't this year Doyle's second,which the club honoured despite his high average, Tobi needs to be fitted in IMO.

Thats correct, has another year.

Nope - this year was his second year and they honoured this by having him back - even though he took up a large percentage of the starting team average

• Like 1

Think the stadium will go back to planning as builders been told they will have to lose 2 houses to sort out drainage if it stays the same.

Needless to say they aint going to agree to that.

Nope - this year was his second year and they honoured this by having him back - even though he took up a large percentage of the starting team average

No, signed a two year deal towards the end of last season - see below:

''JASON Doyle, one of the world's top speedway stars, has pledged his immediate future to Swindon Robins and will lead them into a new stadium.

Doyle, fresh from a sensational win in the Polish SGP in Gorzow at the weekend, revealed to a packed Blunsdon crowd for the clash with Leicester that he will be with the club in 2017 and 18.

And he says the Robins fans played a major part in his decision.

"The Swindon fans have backed us through thick and thin and this feels the right thing to do," said Doyle.

"When something feels 100 per cent right there's no point hanging around and I'm pleased to have a contract in place for British racing in September.

"Maybe I can have a testimonial next year, too - but I'm not the kind of guy who has a testimonial and then disappears which is why I've agreed a two-year deal. I'm really pleased."''

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

No, signed a two year deal towards the end of last season - see below:

''JASON Doyle, one of the world's top speedway stars, has pledged his immediate future to Swindon Robins and will lead them into a new stadium.

Doyle, fresh from a sensational win in the Polish SGP in Gorzow at the weekend, revealed to a packed Blunsdon crowd for the clash with Leicester that he will be with the club in 2017 and 18.

And he says the Robins fans played a major part in his decision.

"The Swindon fans have backed us through thick and thin and this feels the right thing to do," said Doyle.

"When something feels 100 per cent right there's no point hanging around and I'm pleased to have a contract in place for British racing in September.

"Maybe I can have a testimonial next year, too - but I'm not the kind of guy who has a testimonial and then disappears which is why I've agreed a two-year deal. I'm really pleased."''

Apologies - I am surprised as I thought this was his second year. If that's the case then he will definitely be in the team then next year - along with Morra.

Apologies - I am surprised as I thought this was his second year. If that's the case then he will definitely be in the team then next year - along with Morra.

No worries, I'd have the skipper back. Hoping we can keep most of this side together. Maybe Newman in for Ellis if the rumours are true.

No worries, I'd have the skipper back. Hoping we can keep most of this side together. Maybe Newman in for Ellis if the rumours are true.

Its a shame if Ellis does move back to Poole but Newman would be capable of doing a job - especially in the play-offs :wink: