British Speedway Forum

Two year contracts are meaningless and wasn't he saying he might not be back without fixed nights. However, I do hope he is back, he's a great rudder to watch and hopefully, it will be good to have the World Champion riding in the UK.

Two year contracts are meaningless and wasn't he saying he might not be back without fixed nights. However, I do hope he is back, he's a great rudder to watch and hopefully, it will be good to have the World Champion riding in the UK.

Surely it will do, Monday & Thursdays Work for most sides. I would hope JD is back. He thanked the management for staying with him with his high average.

A top 4 of Doyle,Morris,Bellego,Musielak or Batchelor,Morris,Bellego,Musielak.

Wilson-Dean and Zach as reserves if it fits.

Ellis back to Poole

BWD will almost certainly be back at Somerset, he is an asset and May said at the start of the season he only didn't include him so he could get a proper average.

BWD will almost certainly be back at Somerset, he is an asset and May said at the start of the season he only didn't include him so he could get a proper average.

Being an asset means little if he wants to ride elsewhere.

Funny, isn't it, how Poole and Somerset decided not to use Ellis and Wilson-Dean so they could get a 'proper' average. So Swindon signed them both, plus Doyle on 13, and won the league title.

No disputing who got the team building right this year.

They all got a 'proper' average during the season, enabling Swindon to strengthen up and cream everyone.

• Like 4

I hope the riders remember that Rosco gave them a chance to ride this year, and they won a Champions medal, if he wants them next year.

• Like 3

Doyle, Morris, Alpen/PK BWD and Zach for me.

I think the first things the promotion should do are to tie up BWD as either 2nd string or reserve and Zach. They are both improving youngsters, on very workable averages and with decent track time have improved immeasurably this season. I know they are assets of other clubs but I see these two as pivotal as we can put together a decent top 3, maybe 4 on the current averages.

I am guessing Adam has gone back to Poole.

Alpen has been awesome and would love him back but PK, if he is interested, is on such an attractive average that may be we should try and include him?

What is PK average?

Doyle, Morris, Alpen/PK BWD and Zach for me.

I think the first things the promotion should do are to tie up BWD as either 2nd string or reserve and Zach. They are both improving youngsters, on very workable averages and with decent track time have improved immeasurably this season. I know they are assets of other clubs but I see these two as pivotal as we can put together a decent top 3, maybe 4 on the current averages.

I am guessing Adam has gone back to Poole.

Alpen has been awesome and would love him back but PK, if he is interested, is on such an attractive average that may be we should try and include him?

Averages based on latest gs and using Tobi is 33.81, or PK using his last average comes to 33.54 for those 5.

What is PK average?

Last one in 2015 was 7.1

Edited by A ORLOV

Averages based on latest gs and using Tobi is 33.81, or PK using his last average comes to 33.54 for those 5.

That looks very top heavy, unless we can find another rider mid-season on a false average.

Last one in 2015 was 7.1

Surely they'll close that loophole and any rider without a 2017 average will be subject to at least a 20% multiplier?

Funny, isn't it, how Poole and Somerset decided not to use Ellis and Wilson-Dean so they could get a 'proper' average. So Swindon signed them both, plus Doyle on 13, and won the league title.

No disputing who got the team building right this year.

They all got a 'proper' average during the season, enabling Swindon to strengthen up and cream everyone.

Tbf the rules which allowed Swindon to strengthen up were ridiculous.

Don't understand the logic of sides letting them out to get "real averages." Ellis averaged a bit less than I though he would but came good when it counted. BWD surpassed my expectations, which as a kiwi I was happy about. Bellego was the big surprise, averaging a couple more than most though he would.

Like wolves, Swindon made good changes at the right time.

Kyle Newman would be a good signing & after riding in the play off semi he would be a popular choice on a decent average.

No Doyley would mean a top 3 of Nick, Tobi & Killer/Batchelor which is ok.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15590323._Title_winning_Robins_may_have_to_split_up___says_Rossiter/

Claims Ellis wants to stay. Would happily keep him. I guess that will be down to what Lakeskde do. Im sure lakeside will want both Ellis & Zach if they come up.

Would love to see Adam and Zach back next year, but with Lakeside reportedly moving up, and Poole on the prowl for Ellis, it may not happen.

If all riders from this year are available, I suspect it will be Bellego who moves on. I'd like to see him stay as I feel there is club loyalty there, but his end-of-season form probably makes him a bigger risk on his average. Someone will have to go, and he could be the one.

For the first time in a long time we've options. Killer on a 7.1 is a must for me. Imagine Doyley, Nick & Killer as a top 3....would be a shame to not have Musielak mind.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1