British Speedway Forum

Funny, isn't it, how Poole and Somerset decided not to use Ellis and Wilson-Dean so they could get a 'proper' average. So Swindon signed them both, plus Doyle on 13, and won the league title.

No disputing who got the team building right this year.

They all got a 'proper' average during the season, enabling Swindon to strengthen up and cream everyone.

Tbf I believe the plan was to fit him in for Graversen at some point when the rest of the team got proper averages but we let him get some experience at top level when Swindon couldn't fit a rider in (can't remember his name). Besides if Allen and BWD had been at reserve that was over 10pts used just on reserves, that was the other reason he wasn't picked

That looks very top heavy, unless we can find another rider mid-season on a false average.

Surely they'll close that loophole and any rider without a 2017 average will be subject to at least a 20% multiplier?

Not sure if any multiplier would be needed from a 2015 average, Killers scores abroad have gone down and a lot of the average adjustments were due to all the mucking about with protected reserve riders etc in the last year or two.

He might feel that riding back in the UK will help his riding in europe.

Edited by A ORLOV

Tbf I believe the plan was to fit him in for Graversen at some point when the rest of the team got proper averages but we let him get some experience at top level when Swindon couldn't fit a rider in (can't remember his name). Besides if Allen and BWD had been at reserve that was over 10pts used just on reserves, that was the other reason he wasn't picked

Who let him get some experience? I know he is an asset but riders will ride where they want. Somerset didn't want him, Swindon did - job done. Considering he spent the bulk of the year at #2, he did a great job and I hope he does come back to Swindon.

• Like 2

Not sure if any multiplier would be needed from a 2015 average, Killers scores abroad have gone down and a lot of the average adjustments were due to all the mucking about with protected reserve riders etc in the last year or two.

He might feel that riding back in the UK will help his riding in europe.

Not Kildemand specifically, but any rider without a 2017 average should be uplifted to reflect the weakening of the league.

Although this is the BSPA we're talking about so they will likely let this slip through the net.

But if the league is attracting back some of the top riders - not Kildemand specifically - then the league should be stronger not weaker!!

Firstly, the league isn't attracting back top riders and secondly every year they reduce the points limit the league gets weaker.

Not sure how you can say that as we don't know all the clubs or 1-7s yet?

I wouldn't mind betting there will be more 'top' riders in next season's Premiership than this year's!! :wink:

With Rosco reporting that the title-winning team will be split up - as happens with most title-winning teams - I wonder if that applies just to the 1-7??

Edited by Skidder1

Kildemand signed for Vastervik in Sweden so you can rule him out because PK will be doing Denmark and Poland as well.

Doyle & Morris top 2 all day long.

• Like 1

Kildemand signed for Vastervik in Sweden so you can rule him out because PK will be doing Denmark and Poland as well.

Only if he signs for the top Polish League in 2018, his scores have not been that good this year. If he signs for the lower league or not at all he may be available to ride here.

Edited by A ORLOV

1. Jason Doyle 9.74

2. Kyle Newman 4.86

3. Troy Batchelor 7.49

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Nick Morris 8.77

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.51

7. Danny Ayres 3.02

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather

The points limit will be 42, if not lower.

Knowing the bspa I agree, which does not always help improving riders

Hey Gater, you seem to be paying the Swindon thread plenty of attention. You getting tempted to come back from the dark side to support the Robins again?

Didn't you desert the Robins a couple of years ago when the Pirates won the league?

Keep on keeping on and one day someone will take you seriously.

• Like 1

Hey Gater, you seem to be paying the Swindon thread plenty of attention. You getting tempted to come back from the dark side to support the Robins again?

Didn't you desert the Robins a couple of years ago when the Pirates won the league?

Keep on keeping on and one day someone will take you seriously.

YAWN!