British Speedway Forum

Riders change clubs all the time - even World Champions especially if they understandably start asking for 'silly' money!! Remember Mark Loram!!?

Anyway didn't Doyley do a 2 year deal for 2017 and 2018?

He lives in that area so that would be the only reason why.

Id say that would be a very minor consideration.

There would be many other good and more relevant reasons.

Riders change clubs all the time - even World Champions especially if they understandably start asking for 'silly' money!! Remember Mark Loram!!?

Anyway didn't Doyley do a 2 year deal for 2017 and 2018?

2 year deals mean nothing tbf,

• Like 2

Whilst I agree that the Robins must keep hold of their prize asset, I guess he can now ask whatever money he wants now he’s the champ. The only stumbling block to him signing again could be his affordability now.

• Like 1

Id say that would be a very minor consideration.

There would be many other good and more relevant reasons.

Like what?.

Like what?.

All and any other aspects that go into a rider contract.

Your comment was the only thing attractive to him about signing for Ipswich would be locality - which is wrong.

Doyle to Ipswich is what I hear

That's the same Ipswich who for years dragged down the quality of the EL before they finally jumped ship down to the second tier. Now rumoured to be coming back up with no less than the world champion leading them - I certainly hope not! :mad:

• Like 1

That's the same Ipswich who for years dragged down the quality of the EL before they finally jumped ship down to the second tier. Now rumoured to be coming back up with no less than the world champion leading them - I certainly hope not! :mad:

Life moves on and circumstances change -perhaps.

We will all find out soon enough how much substance or otherwise there us to it.

Can they only come back up if they are not going to be competitive then?

Only allowed to be cannon fodder it seems - and people wonder why many Witches fans would be more than happy to sit tight in the Championship and let the 'big boys' get on with self destruction....

Heard various stories about us and Doyley next season but I would be mightily pissed off if we decide not to use him next season as opposed to he not choosing to ride for us again...massive mistake if that happens

• Like 1

Life moves on and circumstances change -perhaps.

We will all find out soon enough how much substance or otherwise there us to it.Only allowed to be cannon fodder it seems - and people wonder why many Witches fans would be more than happy to sit tight in the Championship and let the 'big boys' get on with self destruction....

They were cannon fodder for years because they kept putting together poor teams, lowering the points limit, poor team, lowering points limit etc on the basis that they couldn't make it pay. Now they can apparently with potentially the most expensive rider in the league.

I would be very happy if Ipswich stayed where they are in the second tier too!

• Like 1

They were cannon fodder for years because they kept putting together poor teams, lowering the points limit, poor team, lowering points limit etc on the basis that they couldn't make it pay. Now they can apparently with potentially the most expensive rider in the league.

I would be very happy if Ipswich stayed where they are in the second tier too!

Agree if they decide to weaken the teams just to allow one or two teams in, we had enough of that with Eastbourne for a period.