British Speedway Forum

For me - its a no brainer between Doyle and Nick - it has to be Nick

and Doyle to KL

Hahaha. Doyle would have been the back to back World Champion if it wasn't for an injury.

Morris has got no chance of maintaining his 8.87 starting average.

Less than a point difference on the averages. Let Doyle go and the Swindon promotion will regret it. He's just awesome 10 points even on a bad night.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic
  • Like 3

Hahaha. Doyle would have been the back to back World Champion if it wasn't for an injury.

Less than a point difference on the averages. Let Doyle go and the Swindon promotion will regret it. He's just awesome 10 points even on a bad night.

No brainer for me. Nick can be a number one who will average about 7.99 for someone else, then come back.

No brainer for me. Nick can be a number one who will average about 7.99 for someone else, then come back.

I wouldn't want him on loan for a season.Can see his starting average of 8.87 dropping by a point in 2018 ;)

I wouldn't want him on loan for a season.Can see his starting average of 8.87 dropping by a point in 2018 ;)

Can you imagine Rosco's face when there's only one over 7.50 in 2019?

I'm glad you are finding it funny :mad:

I know Doyle would have been back to back World Champion and it is a very difficult decision to make but I think a lot of fans would like to keep Nick and see him continue his progress. I would be happy with either and obviously would prefer both but I would still go for Nick over Doyle - and not because I think he is better.

Edited by Steve0

I'm glad you are finding it funny :mad:

I know Doyle would have been back to back World Champion and it is a very difficult decision to make but I think a lot of fans would like to keep Nick and see him continue his progress. I would be happy with either and obviously would prefer both but I would still go for Nick over Doyle - and not because I think he is better.

Nick at number one is new territory for him. Let him test the waters somewhere else then come back as a proper number one if he can make that step.

To get rid of Jason Doyle would be a terrible move.

Nick is very close to Rosco, so even if he does get loaned out I'm sure he'd be back.

• Like 2

Think we've been planning our side with Doyley for quite a while...doesn't show our clubs ambition to be in much of a good light , we've won the league Gained a world champion and then we piss it up against a wall poor job and this ruling only to the convenience of Terry who didn't want him back

I think Rosco would've had to let go of either Doyle or Morris anyway.

With tac subs available too, Doyle is a must.

He could be taking 6 rides away from home, and there is a long gap between the number one's second and third rides where he can cover.

Or, if we fall a long way behind, he could be out in heats 13, 14 and 15.

Surely we're not going to get rid of the World Champion. What a mistake that would be.

• Like 2

With tac subs available too, Doyle is a must.

He could be taking 6 rides away from home, and there is a long gap between the number one's second and third rides where he can cover.

Or, if we fall a long way behind, he could be out in heats 13, 14 and 15.

Surely we're not going to get rid of the World Champion. What a mistake that would be.

Would be the worst decision in British Speedway history.

Would be the worst decision in British Speedway history.

Newman for Starke?

KK for Kennett?

• Like 3

Newman for Starke?

KK for Kennett?

Jason Doyle best rider in the world for the last 2 years being dropped for someone who isn't a proven No.1 and has no chance of maintaining his average.

Newman's no good tbh. Starke not that much better

Kennett for KK. It was a lose lose situation. Either keep the pig ruining team spirit and no effort on track or bring in Ed Kennett who would give it a 100% even though he is a rider of lesser quality. Matt's hands were tied due to the Polish restrictions.

Jason Doyle best rider in the world for the last 2 years being dropped for someone who isn't a proven No.1 and has no chance of maintaining his average.

Newman's no good tbh. Starke not that much better

Kennett for KK. It was a lose lose situation. Either keep the pig ruining team spirit and no effort on track or bring in Ed Kennett who would give it a 100% even though he is a rider of lesser quality. Matt's hands were tied due to the Polish restrictions.

doyley back to Somerset perhaps,where he's still loved by the fans and the hancocks. Edited by coomie

For me - its a no brainer between Doyle and Nick - it has to be Nick

and Doyle to KL

Why would you choose Nick over Jason?

Doyle, although World Champion, failed in my book (on track) to do what a captain should do, which is look after and develop the younger members of the team. Many times last season he left poor Adam to fend for himself when a little bit of thought would have garnered lots more points.

Morris was outstanding last season for Swindon and Berwick. He has continued to improve year on year and deservedly won the Swindon rider of the year. His pass in heat 13 at Monmore was immense, will be replayed many more times before I croak and ensured the title returned to Wiltshire

The decision between JD and NM, from a speedway perspective, should be a no-brainer. Grachan has already said JD could get up to six rides away from home should it be required.

From a management point of view, its a tough one. I personally think it would be a mistake to let JD go, particularly if he wants to ride here in the UK, however, I suspect not having JD back would save Terry Russell a fortune and for that reason i think Swindon will keep Morris and let Doyle go.

Not a great start to speedway in the UK 2018, despite all the hype regarding fixed nights and the prospect of GP riders riding in the UK e.g. Vaculik, this smacks of another cost cutting exercise because other promoters are still useless at assembling a competitive side.

I am not looking forward to hearing the news of which Swindon asset has won the top prize in the BSPA's Speedway Lottery...