British Speedway Forum

An easy decision the make - and they made the wrong one. Can't believe they did this.

The fact that they got rid of Jason makes me wonder if they would have got rid of him anyway, regardless of the 8 point rule. Because if that was the only reason, they would have kept Jason surely.

Plus, Nick would have benefitted more from riding elsewhere for a year. At least he will have a club next year now anyway!

Definitely a case of heart ruling head here.

Just.. weird.

• Like 5

Well that 2 year contract was worthless then. In fact they always are. As soon as any rider signs a two year contract it's like an indication they'll be off next winter.

If anyone else had done this Id be suggesting it was madness but Rosco has made a lot of brave calls in his time and they have generally worked, maybe he has a plan?

Well that 2 year contract was worthless then. In fact they always are. As soon as any rider signs a two year contract it's like an indication they'll be off next winter.

If anyone else had done this Id be suggesting it was madness but Rosco has made a lot of brave calls in his time and they have generally worked, maybe he has a plan?

It may have been Jasons decision rather than Roscos, who knows

• Like 2

I thought the 2 year contract was for 2016 and 2017, and Swindon got stick for sticking with it last year.

I'm sure Swindon will be able to put together a decent side, but they have robbed fans of the opportunity to have a World Champion riding at the club, which is something a lot of people have waited a long time for.

Maybe the decision was financial?

If Nick had been dropped I would have been disappointed for him. Now I'm disappointed for myself!

It may have been Jasons decision rather than Roscos, who knows

Jason said on Twitter: "Not my choice".

• Like 1

I thought the 2 year contract was for 2016 and 2017, and Swindon got stick for sticking with it last year.

I'm sure Swindon will be able to put together a decent side, but they have robbed fans of the opportunity to have a World Champion riding at the club, which is something a lot of people have waited a long time for.

Maybe the decision was financial?

If Nick had been dropped I would have been disappointed for him. Now I'm disappointed for myself!

Nope, announced hed be at the club in 2017 and 2018

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14718727.Swindon_skipper_Doyle_signs_new_two_year_deal/?ref=arc

When was the last time a World Champion was sacked?

Pretty sure no other team wouldve taken Nick as a no 1 which might have been something to do wth the decision.

Trying hard not to get eggy about not having a WORLD CHAMPION leading us as cant see another team making the same decision.

• Like 1

Hahaha! Ridiculous decision. Getting rid of the World Champion for an unproven No.1 in Nick Morris.

I did tell you !!

Jason said on Twitter: "Not my choice".

Have not received a tweet stating that.

No doubt we might find out exactly how the decision was arrived at later.

It's in the comments. He's replying to someone.

• Like 1

Dont hold your breath.

• Like 1

Ridiculous decision, let's just hand the WC to a rival, boost their attendances and lower ours, talk about a double whammy, guess we'll be feathering someone else nest with a loan fee unless Rosco has a real rabbit up his sleeve.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

I think that club needs to announce the team in full ASAP. Only then can we tell if releasing Doyley is the right decision (personally I dont think it is).

• Like 2

I think that club needs to announce the team in full ASAP. Only then can we tell if releasing Doyley is the right decision (personally I dont think it is).

Maybe they should have held back the news on Adam and Zach. By announcing that afterwards it would have given the disappointed fans a lift.

• Like 1

Swindon will be fine.

They have along with Pete Adams the best team manager and he got it very right last season when many expected him to fail.

Have faith Swindon fans

Nope, announced hed be at the club in 2017 and 2018

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14718727.Swindon_skipper_Doyle_signs_new_two_year_deal/?ref=arc

When was the last time a World Champion was sacked?

Mark Loram..................asked for more money and was then replaced by Rickardsson .........for more money than Mark wanted............admittedly TR was the better rider.

Nobody knows what has happened behind the scenes.................who knows how much Doyle is asking for.

• Like 2

Does Morris still live with Rosco if yes then that's the only reason why he was picked over Doyle.

He lives with Dave B.

Ridiculous to not have world number 1 in team, more fans will disappear, feckin ridiculous rules destroying this great sport.

Thanks Jase hope you will return one day, title winner 2012 and 2017.

Move forward now and build a team to retain title.

• Like 1