British Speedway Forum

Aside from the 'one 8 and over rule', Swindon would have to lose over 4 points from their finishing team average to get within the 42.5 for next season, so its likely that either Jason or Nick would have gone anyway.

If JD signs for Somerset then fine but if he ends up at KL (closer to his home) then I guess the BSPA Chairman may have had a casting vote after all??!! ;-)

• Like 1

Mark Loram..................asked for more money and was then replaced by Rickardsson .........for more money than Mark wanted............admittedly TR was the better rider.

Nobody knows what has happened behind the scenes.................who knows how much Doyle is asking for.

Mark Loram wasn't sacked. He didnt sign a new contract, very different. Riders switch teams when contracts end all the time.

Aside from the 'one 8 and over rule', Swindon would have to lose over 4 points from their finishing team average to get within the 42.5 for next season, so its likely that either Jason or Nick would have gone anyway.

If JD signs for Somerset then fine but if he ends up at KL (closer to his home) then I guess the BSPA Chairman may have had a casting vote after all??!! ;-)

Nope, we could have kept Jason and Nick quite easily.

I saw Doyle's tweet and all the Twitter sychophants seem to be blaming the BSPA/AGM, but from what I can tell it was Swindon's choice. Could it be more to do with unrealistic wage demand or Swindon choosing to save money

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1

Don't like the 8 point limit and think that Swindon should have kept with JD for speedway reasons. However from an outsider's view it seems to me the 8 point rule may be a convenient excuse of making the decision on financial terms.

It was said that Swindon despite winning the league made a loss. There is no way Doyle's contract would not have included a clause that sees an increase in pay if he was WC. With that certainty in mind they have made a financial decision in the best interests of Swindon. Sure they will potentially lose revenue from punters and sponsors but they have to weigh that up against the knowledge that there would be guaranteed increased expenditure.

Massive shame though that a WC is not retained.

Swindon were on a loser anyway, either Doyle or Morris had to be sacrificed, whoever it was wouldn't have been happy, I expect chapman is doing cartwheels.

Tough one for the Robins fans ;) .At less than a point between the 2 riders,im guessing it was probably down to the money.

As the World Champ Doyle would probably be on over 2x the wages of Morris.After Rosco's claim Swindon lost money last season,i hope that whoever signs Doyle,it wont break their bank.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Even if Jason rides elsewhere it would be nice if a challenge match was run with him in a robins race jacket.

Having finished his stint with Swindon nearly a month before being crowd champ and now not resigning makes his win as a robin seem a bit distant.

Thered have been war at Belle Vue if we had dispensed with our Jason despite how skint we were at the time with building the new place.

Swindon will be fine.

They have along with Pete Adams the best team manager and he got it very right last season when many expected him to fail.

Have faith Swindon fans

Mark Loram..................asked for more money and was then replaced by Rickardsson .........for more money than Mark wanted............admittedly TR was the better rider.

Nobody knows what has happened behind the scenes.................who knows how much Doyle is asking for.

Mark Loram didn't ask for more money. He wasn't even involved in the negotiation. It was all down to Norrie Allan demanding too much and MF refused to pay it and he made immediate contact with TR.

It was even reported that Mark wished he'd been told sooner as he would have probably reached an agreement with Matt if he'd got involved personally but was so busy doing other stuff and being World Champion!!

Edited by Skidder1

I think he will be loaned out otherwise he would say he's not coming back to British speedway wouldn't he

A shame that Swindoh won't be able to advertise being league champions and having the world champion in their team. Lets hope that one of the 4 bottom clubs who voted for the 8+ rule back up their decision and sign him, otherwise he will be lost to the uk this year.

Mark Loram didn't ask for more money. He wasn't even involved in the negotiation. It was all down to Norrie Allan demanding too much and MF refused to pay it and he made immediate contact with TR.

It was even reported that Mark wished he'd been told sooner as he would have probably reached an agreement with Matt if he'd got involved personally but was so busy doing other stuff and being World Champion!!

Not 100% accurate. Mark wanted what he though he should be paid in line with other world champions. He told Norrie what he wanted. Norrie told Ford who then went straight to TR.

Mark wanted to ride for Poole but Poole wouldnt budge and went for TR and paid more than Mark wanted.

Anyway back to Swindon and i would guess this is down to money and nothing else

Tough one for the Robins fans ;) .At less than a point between the 2 riders,im guessing it was probably down to the money.

As the World Champ Doyle would probably be on over 2x the wages of Morris.After Rosco's claim Swindon lost money last season,i hope that whoever signs Doyle,it wont break their bank.

It might be less than a point but it makes it easier to fit 2 riders in with 5+ average into the 4 or 5 spot.

Not 100% accurate. Mark wanted what he though he should be paid in line with other world champions. He told Norrie what he wanted. Norrie told Ford who then went straight to TR.

Mark wanted to ride for Poole but Poole wouldnt budge and went for TR and paid more than Mark wanted.

Anyway back to Swindon and i would guess this is down to money and nothing else

Did Ipswich not get rid of Tony after the 1998 season when they won everything.

Think they kept Gollob and Louis instead.

I think he will be loaned out otherwise he would say he's not coming back to British speedway wouldn't he

My thinking too.

It seems the Robins have taken the cheaper option plus maybe the world champ priced himself out of a place? ?

Or a mixture of both.

Crazy that Doyle won't be leading Swindon in 2018.

Did Ipswich not get rid of Tony after the 1998 season when they won everything.

Think they kept Gollob and Louis instead.

I could be wrong but didnt Tony ask for a transfer and Kings Lynn were made to buy him but stopped making the payments after a year because Tony quit riding in the UK before signing for Poole a couple of years later on loan from Ipswich.