British Speedway Forum

It is time for Morris to step up as. No 1.

I hope Swindon give him his chance

Sure looks like it.Rosco has given him the chance and will stick by him imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Swindon will be fine.

They have along with Pete Adams the best team manager and he got it very right last season when many expected him to fail.

Have faith Swindon fans

Mark Loram..................asked for more money and was then replaced by Rickardsson .........for more money than Mark wanted............admittedly TR was the better rider.

Nobody knows what has happened behind the scenes.................who knows how much Doyle is asking for.

I thought the story at the time was that TR wanted less than Mark and the other story was that it was Mark's manager that cocked it up because i think mark wanted to stay.

We plead poverty yet announce we have spent out on two assets? Hmmm

Plus three earlier this year. D Bellego, Tobi and S Nielsen

Edited by A ORLOV

I can't believe we have gone with Jason. Terrible decision. Must be down to money and who Rosco can fit in. Could this mean the return of Batchelor

Plus three earlier this year. D Bellego, Tobi and S Nielsen

Why would you buy riders now it is madness, this shows this league now has no real intention of enticing the stars back anytime soon.For me personally i dont mind the next few years is going to be a tough for most clubs why spend money out that you cannot afford.

With the league going the way it is, I actually think it is wise to get hold of assets like Adam and Zach. These sort of riders will be the backbone of the league soon, and they will be useful to own.

Poole did the same thing with Charles Wright.

Have Swindon really pleaded poverty? I would think that buying riders like these would cost about a week's wages for the World Champion.

Rosco's strength as a manager is his ability to read riders ability and get them into the side. He obviously decided that Nick is now ready to take over at the top.

Thinking about it, we could have gone with Jason, got rid of Nick, and then Jason decide to opt out in 2019. We might have ended up with neither of them.

Gutted not to have Jason in the side, but maybe this is a long term decision.

It's over to Nick now. If he can continue his improvement then it will be fine.

I still believe it was a mistake not to have the World Champion there for the fans, but what's done is done now. Time to move on.

• Like 1

With the league going the way it is, I actually think it is wise to get hold of assets like Adam and Zach. These sort of riders will be the backbone of the league soon, and they will be useful to own.

Have Swindon really pleaded poverty? I would think that buying riders like these would cost about a week's wages for the World Champion.

Rosco's strength as a manager is his ability to read riders ability and get them into the side. He obviously decided that Nick is now ready to take over at the top.

Thinking about it, we could have gone with Jason, got rid of Nick, and then Jason decide to opt out in 2019. We might have ended up with neither of them.

I still believe it was a mistake not to have the World Champion there for the fans, but what's done is done now. Time to move on.

A weeks wages? Ridiculous comment of the year award goes to......

A weeks wages? Ridiculous comment of the year award goes to......

As an example, Jason Doyle earned 5,200 usd for the 2016 Cardiff gp according to this.

https://www.methanolpress.com/speedway-grand-prix-2016-total-rider-earnings/

How much do you think Swindon paid for riders like Musielak, Ellis and Zach?

No more than that each, I bet.

• Like 1

My point is why would Poole pay for Wright? they dont use him ok i suppose they might get a yearly loan fee for him forget longterm build a team as and when everyyear.This year Rosco more and likely had in his mind had set on Doyle/Morris who wouldn't then up pops the 8 pointer rule everything blown out the water.

My point is why would Poole pay for Wright? they dont use him ok i suppose they might get a yearly loan fee for him forget longterm build a team as and when everyyear.This year Rosco more and likely had in his mind had set on Doyle/Morris who wouldn't then up pops the 8 pointer rule everything blown out the water.

It was a weird one, Poole buying Wright. At the time I reckoned it must be because they are preparing for the dumbing down of the league in the future and making sure they have British riders on their books.

Swindon, too, have struggled in the past for British riders when necessary, so have wisely secured two that have done well for the club.

Rosco has packed in his lorry driving this weekend to do something else as a day-job apparently?! Any info anyone?

1. Hans Andersen 7.75

2. Adam Ellis 5.56

3. Troy Batchelor 7.63

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Nick Morris 8.87

6. ??????? 2.11

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather