British Speedway Forum

So no BWD in 2018 so must be Troy plus a weak reserve to finish our line up. 

Just a shame we had room for Stefan as well.

27 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Morris

Ellis

Bellego

Musielak

KK

Wajtknecht

Nielsen

I did wonder about the timing of the UK visit of KK but not sure if he is reliable enough.

KK to Swindon now? Lol! I am sure he is determined to ride for every UK club.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

KK to Swindon now? Lol! I am sure he is determined to ride for every UK club.

If I’m not mistaken the first UK club he signed for was us about 13-14 years ago, was going to be a 3 but changed to a 4 & we couldn’t fit him in from memory, the Leigh Adams Leszno link 

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

If I’m not mistaken the first UK club he signed for was us about 13-14 years ago, was going to be a 3 but changed to a 4 & we couldn’t fit him in from memory, the Leigh Adams Leszno link 

We signed him later, then sacked him and replaced him with Andy Smith (I think).

13 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Second, he raced for Poole the year before. I seem to remember he rode about 2 meetings, got injured was replace  by Andy Smith (as Grachan says) and Swindon kept Smith allowing KK to return to Poole when he was fit

53 minutes ago, Grachan said:

We signed him later, then sacked him and replaced him with Andy Smith (I think).

I think he rode in the pre-season challenge - got injured and replaced by Smudger.  When he was healed, we kept Smudger as he had been riding very well and would have been very harsh to drop him.

I would much rather have KK, than Bratchelor. Rosco gets on well with him and I'm sure we would get the Rye House version, rather than the Poole or Birmingham version. Of course, we may get neither.

1 minute ago, BritPete said:

I would much rather have KK, than Bratchelor. Rosco gets on well with him and I'm sure we would get the Rye House version, rather than the Poole or Birmingham version. Of course, we may get neither.

Be careful what you wish for! If I was a Swindon I would prefer neither, too much risk.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

I remember seeing KK practicing at the Abbey before he got injured he looked terrific he is so frustrating to watch now and you would tear your hair out everyweek.I think the side with KK in it looks a bit stronger but myself i would prefer Batch and put extra faith in Zach at reserve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Be careful what you wish for! If I was a Swindon I would prefer neither, too much risk.

KK in form at Swindon is a great sight but haven’t seen that for a while. 

Such a classy rider but very flakey these days.

KK is one of the best riders at The Abbey...and also one of the worst. 

Not many duffed Sir Leigh but KK did on a regular basis and in full flight was as good a rider as I have seen here but in recent times he looks more like a Conference League rider.

Still, on whatever average he is must be somewhere in the 7's (not looked) he wouldn't be a bad shout, or a great shout for that matter, given the continued watering down of the league. A tough choice, if one existed, between him and Troy as both prone to not putting the whole 9 yards in.

I guess, we are looking at Grondal and Neilsen as possible reserves, although Davey has also been mentioned. Just depends on what magic Rosco has in his wand..:shock: