British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I'm pretty sure Justin Tomlinson reported this a while back about not closing the Abbey until the new one was in place (a learning from the Reading fiasco).  I hope that it is written down somewhere because if I bought one of the houses in the pits, I wouldn't be too happy if I wasn't a speedway or greyhound supporter.

The problem speedway has is that it just sub rents the track so at the end of any rental agreement period Stadia can just say sorry we are not renting it out anymore and then just let the stadium go to rack and ruin.

The Council needs to stand strong and stop them selling any more houses over the agreed 200 until the stadium is started.  The other issue there is that I do not think they stipulated a house selling limit upon completion of the stadium.

They should have stipulated that no houses could be built until the new stadium was completed.  

Possibly a rider announcement at the race night tonight according to Swindon Speedway Twitter.

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

They should have stipulated that no houses could be built until the new stadium was completed.  

The problem with that approach was that the stadium was in phase four of the development and at the time it was suggested that sales of the houses would finance re-development of the new stadium, hence the 200 occupancy clause.

It was announced a few months ago that contracts had been signed for the new stadium, which presumably unlocked the 200 occupancy limit.

Doesn't look as if Swindon are entering a team in any of the National League/Trophy competitions next season.

No announcement tonight, will be Monday. Fun night at the Southbrook for the race night, about 60 there. Donations for Ben Fund and supporters club.

15 hours ago, MattK said:

The problem with that approach was that the stadium was in phase four of the development and at the time it was suggested that sales of the houses would finance re-development of the new stadium, hence the 200 occupancy clause.

It was announced a few months ago that contracts had been signed for the new stadium, which presumably unlocked the 200 occupancy limit.

Which is what developers use to get round the conditions, they just start a couple of days work then never finish it, and the Councils are too stupid to stop them doing it.

The developer could have had a number of sales to finance  the stadium but then the rest could not be built until the stadium was up and running.

40 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Kasprzak will be announced on Monday or Tuesday. Batchelor was considered but is giving British speedway a miss in 2018. 

Source: LK

Unlucky Swindon.....if true of course.

1 hour ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Kasprzak will be announced on Monday or Tuesday. Batchelor was considered but is giving British speedway a miss in 2018. 

I'm not a Snat*h fan,but I would of thought he would get a few offers on his average.Unless them toys have come out of the pram.

1 hour ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

You are still a troll.  You changed your name and not your picture - rookie mistake :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite possible that his user name has reverted back to its original guise when the forum was revamped as mine did. And it doesn't appear to be possible to change it back!

47 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You are still a troll.  You changed your name and not your picture - rookie mistake :rolleyes:

I thought I told you to leave the Swindon thread. Off you go now 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Quite possible that his user name has reverted back to its original guise when the forum was revamped as mine did. And it doesn't appear to be possible to change it back!

It is possible.

It happened to 'Pob'  and he changed it back (apparently allowed max 2 changes a month :rolleyes:) Maybe try a PM to him - Im sure he would be happy to talk you through it.

Still working out some of the settings options myself and dont need that one so havent looked!

• Like 1