British Speedway Forum

Not a surprise that Batch is back.  It will mean Zach is the senior reserve so he will need to continue where he left off last season.  The top 5 looks strong and they will need to maintain their averages to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Amazing the difference a year makes,   Last year Swindon couldn't wait to get rid of Batchelor, and were glad he was gone. Although we welcomed him with open arms,  nobody away from Lynn  had a decent word for him.   Yet a year later  everything is forgotten and he's welcome back to Swindon .

Fickle Lot !!!!   :o

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Amazing the difference a year makes,   Last year Swindon couldn't wait to get rid of Batchelor, and were glad he was gone. Although we welcomed him with open arms,  nobody away from Lynn  had a decent word for him.   Yet a year later  everything is forgotten and he's welcome back to Swindon .

Not me. I've always liked Batch. 

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It was 2 years actually and he's like the prodigal son.  He's like Marmite - he can be a match winner or ride disinterested on his day - as KL fans found out.  Whether anyone likes it or not - he's signed !

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Glad to have Batch back. Was getting a bit worried by all the K K talk. Good top 5. 

Just a temporary no 7 to go now.

Temporary?

Happy with that welcome back Batch!! a very strong top five and Zach will be fine certainly at home. Away there could be a few wobbles along the way but i  think we can make the play/offs.

36 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Temporary?

Just a guess, but whoever it is they are unlikely to be scoring much. I suspect a few options will be tried at no 7 throughout the year.

• Like 1

Not sure there will be a stronger top 5 in the whole league.

That team with Zach at 6 will be pretty much unbeatable at home i would say

On 12/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Kasprzak will be announced on Monday or Tuesday. Batchelor was considered but is giving British speedway a miss in 2018. 

Source: LK

spot on as always!

why the forum puts up with trolls is beyond me

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, Gavan said:

If thats the top 5 for Swindon and Zach in reserve then they will be favourites for the league along with Belle Vue

Swindons top 5 is very strong especially at home and with Zach in reserve even more so.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:54 AM, thecoombdog said:

No chance. I know you hate Poole so love a sly dig at them but our reserves will get murdered by them and if their top 5 includes Holder and another that is rumoured then its better than ours. That's not to say a mid season change won't change that but right now there is no way we are favourites over Poole.

Im struggling to see how ive had a sly dig at Poole? I feel Swindon and the rumoured Belle Vue team will be strong. Poole look to be building a decent side, but there is a doubt over Holder now and nobody can say with any certainty how the 2 new Poles will go. As i said last season Poole were hot favourites but it all went very wrong.

Hopefully the number 7 is Max Clegg rather than Mitchell Davey.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

The difference is the performances that Batch put in this season while guesting for us. He was fabulous. Other than that, we’re in no doubt he will have tantrums!

I have no problems about Batch.   Quality rider, who has been a fool to himself.     Saw him guest for Swindon against Leicester last year and he was brilliant.   A few days later, at the same track, riding for Lynn he was pathetic..          He obviously had an alternative motive,   but it also shows what sort of person he is...... and that's not something to be proud of.

I cant imagine there will be many at Lynn wishing he was back there.....         You know what they say about burning bridges.....

On 12/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Kasprzak will be announced on Monday or Tuesday. Batchelor was considered but is giving British speedway a miss in 2018. 

Source: LK

LOL

Mystic Meg you aint ! 

More like Septic Seb !!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jeffster said:

LOL

Mystic Meg you aint ! 

More like Septic Seb !!

Clegg,Ayres, Sarjeant ,could they be in the frame for the no 7 berth? i dont know what the rule is could Tom Brennan be available to ride or not on a 2.00 average.? probably not there has to be a rule.!!!