British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, orion said:

You can't replace someone if  he does in the semi final like he did last time as the seasons over ..not sure how many more  time this bloke has to let people down before the penny drops ..only Lewis Bridger will let you down more .

In terms of what Troy might end up doing, I actually agree with you. He may well let the team down at some point. It wouldn't be the first time. But I enjoy watching him.

My own, personal, perspective on the team this year was not to retain the league title, but having a team that would retain my interest enough to stop me from giving up on going completely. Having Batchelor in the side keeps me interested, as would Hans Andersen have done. If it had been Kasprzak I may well have not bothered with it this year. It was a borderline thing after the winter shenanigans and losing my first ever opportunity to welcome the World Champion to Swindon.

Edited by Grachan

22 hours ago, orion said:

How can there be good team spirit with Batch in the side ? no good scoring 30 points in 3 matches if your to bail out the moment   he's feels a rain drop on his face in October . Nearly every Swindon fan  never wanted to see him again after last time but somehow not long later it's all forgotten and he is a great signing .. a fruit fly has a  better memory 

Frigbo might like your post but when was the last time he went to a meeting. I guess Leigh Adams was still riding. He certainly didn't bailout for Kings Lynn last season as he was top of their averages. As to the debacle on riding conditions when their was trouble with riders not agreeing with the conditions. It was not just Holder & Batch that were raising a fuss but The promoter chose to ignore the other protesters & make an example of the Aussies. I welcome him back to the Abbey as he completes a strong 1 - 5. We potentially have 2 1st heat leaders & three 2nd string riders. If Zach can step up to the plate following his injury, there is a strong chance of defending the title.

• Like 1

Speedway needs characters and Batchelor is certainly different,but at Swindon there are still supporters who like him i certainly do.Also he is familiar with our club which is an advantage also now with our top five in place  he is not expected to be a in/out no 1 or 2 now as long as he contributes and the team do well he will be fine.

• Like 1

pleased with the 6 signed, good to see some continuity with the Champions.

hopefully Zach's improvement will go from strength to strength in 2018.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Good top 5 although going to miss the class of Doyley but going to get mullered at reserve.

I don’t think that will be the case as a lot of teams will have a number 7 that Zach is able to beat so a 2-4 in the reserves race. Switch Zach to meet said number 7 in his other rides and you limit the damage. 

No doubt if a TAC was required then it would be in place of one the the weaker reserves rides. 

That top five should cover the few points lost at reserve. 

Davey or Clegg 

17 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Davey or Clegg 

Kyle Bickley perhaps? Seen he’s said he’s signed for teams. 

This is just a general observation on the look of this lineup. I am not trying to wind up Swindon fans or cause an argument. Just my opinion.

1. Nick Morris 8.87

2. Troy Batchelor 7.63

3. David Bellego 7.37

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Adam Ellis 5.56

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

7. 2.4 odd points.

Whilst some Swindon fans will be happy with the look of the lineup, I have to ask where is the improvement going to come from? Looking down the riders only Adam Ellis stands out as a rider who can improve his average.  Teams don’t win titles with riders maintaining. 

Morris got his average at the easier number 5 berth last year and won’t have Doyle riding alongside him in 13 and 15. A tough task for him to keep his 8.87.

Batchelor will maintain. You know what you will get. 7-8 points with the occassional big score and howler thrown in.

Bellego should never have got a spot. Ludicrous signing imo. His form in the second half of last season showed he isn’t consistent and there are better riders about on lower averages than 7.37. Bringing in an improving 5 pointer would have made a huge difference.

Musielaks signing last year won Swindon the league. But now his advantage has been used up. Still score fairly solidly no doubt but no real value.

Adam Ellis on 5.56 is value and he can stick at least a point on that.

The reserves are whipping boys. They will be there all season and are seriously weak. Other teams will fill their boots. Wajtknecht should be number 7 with a more experienced reserve in the 6 berth. If Rosco had shifted out Bellego and brought in an improving 5 pointer, it would have meant a 5 pointer in the first reserve berth.

Will Swindon make the playoffs? No idea just now as other teams are yet to announce their lineups. But that lineup doesn’t look strong enough to defend the title. Replacements by June.

Disagree with my opinion? Tell us why you think the team will do well.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Surely Morris with improve his average by not have Doyle in heat 13 & 15. 

Before if he was beaten by the oppositions top man in those heat then he scored 1 as Doyle was also ahead of him. With no Doyle they all move up one so he ends up with two extra points per match. 

Unless of course last year Doyle shepherded Morris around in those heats. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is just a general observation on the look of this lineup. I am not trying to wind up Swindon fans or cause an argument. Just my opinion.

1. Nick Morris 8.87

2. Troy Batchelor 7.63

3. David Bellego 7.37

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Adam Ellis 5.56

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

7. 2.4 odd points.

Whilst some Swindon fans will be happy with the look of the lineup, I have to ask where is the improvement going to come from? Looking down the riders only Adam Ellis stands out as a rider who can improve his average.  Teams don’t win titles with riders maintaining. 

Morris got his average at the easier number 5 berth last year and won’t have Doyle riding alongside him in 13 and 15. A tough task for him to keep his 8.87.

Batchelor will maintain. You know what you will get. 7-8 points with the occassional big score and howler thrown in.

Bellego should never have got a spot. Ludicrous signing imo. His form in the second half of last season showed he isn’t consistent and there are better riders about on lower averages than 7.37. Bringing in an improving 5 pointer would have made a huge difference.

Musielaks signing last year won Swindon the league. But now his advantage has been used up. Still score fairly solidly no doubt but no real value.

Adam Ellis on 5.56 is value and he can stick at least a point on that.

The reserves are whipping boys. They will be there all season and are seriously weak. Other teams will fill their boots. Wajtknecht should be number 7 with a more experienced reserve in the 6 berth. If Rosco had shifted out Bellego and brought in an improving 5 pointer, it would have meant a 5 pointer in the first reserve berth.

Will Swindon make the playoffs? No idea just now as other teams are yet to announce their lineups. But that lineup doesn’t look strong enough to defend the title. Replacements by June.

Disagree with my opinion? Tell us why you think the team will do well.

Some of what you’ve said is valid. Where I see the improvements is who will push Nick, I can see Batch, Musielak & Nick all being at 1 at some stage in the season as they will push each other on. Whilst Nick had Doyle in 13 & 15 he had to do much work himself. Number 1 won’t be easy but looking at other sides to date I think he’ll maintain his scoring 

Nick did ok when Jason was ill and not riding so have no worries about him, am more concerned about the reserves unless they can both improve.

8 hours ago, Les Berwick said:

Frigbo might like your post but when was the last time he went to a meeting. I guess Leigh Adams was still riding. He certainly didn't bailout for Kings Lynn last season as he was top of their averages. As to the debacle on riding conditions when their was trouble with riders not agreeing with the conditions. It was not just Holder & Batch that were raising a fuss but The promoter chose to ignore the other protesters & make an example of the Aussies. I welcome him back to the Abbey as he completes a strong 1 - 5. We potentially have 2 1st heat leaders & three 2nd string riders. If Zach can step up to the plate following his injury, there is a strong chance of defending the title.

He never bailed out  last year ?..he got sacked for pulling out a meeting because yet again he did not fancy the track ....you can  debate if the Kings lynn track was ok to  ride or not but yet again the common denominator  of a so called poor track and a rider pulling out or showing  no effort Is Troy Batchelor ...it's not just bad luck or chance that he is always involved .

• Like 1