British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Some of what you’ve said is valid. Where I see the improvements is who will push Nick, I can see Batch, Musielak & Nick all being at 1 at some stage in the season as they will push each other on. Whilst Nick had Doyle in 13 & 15 he had to do much work himself. Number 1 won’t be easy but looking at other sides to date I think he’ll maintain his scoring 

Some of what you’ve said is valid. Where I see the improvements is who will push Nick, I can see Batch, Musielak & Nick all being at 1 at some stage in the season as they will push each other on. Whilst Nick had Doyle in 13 & 15 he had to do much work himself. Number 1 won’t be easy but looking at other sides to date I think he’ll maintain his scoring 

Most of the time Nick had to fend for himself in those heat 13/15 heats Doyle out for himself  hopefully with more responsibility he will kick on. All Nick needs is a bit more consistency the Bellego comment is baffling from Shovlar you have faith in a rider he does well then the next year you dispell with his services.Bellego did drop off form wise but he had a great year overall his aquipment and attitude is spot on so i dont see many unproven riders who could replace him certainly with this one 8 point rider in place.Most teams will be pretty weak at reserve but Zach will be ok certainly at home but if our top five do the business we should be able to pick up the slack sometimes from  the reserve berths.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Davey it is then...... so I’d be paying 18 quid to watch riders like that? Nothing against Mitchell but that’s embarrassing as it comes 

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Davey it is then...... so I’d be paying 18 quid to watch riders like that? Nothing against Mitchell but that’s embarrassing as it comes 

yet you will pay £16 to watch Lambert,Grondal and Ostergaard as a heat leader.:o

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

£17 including a programme was the online price in 2017. Cheaper than most Championship Clubs I'd guess

A good choice with the points we had available in this weakened league, thanks bspa.

Rosco was happy with the way he performed for us last year and I hope he can improve . 

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is just a general observation on the look of this lineup. I am not trying to wind up Swindon fans or cause an argument. Just my opinion.

1. Nick Morris 8.87

2. Troy Batchelor 7.63

3. David Bellego 7.37

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Adam Ellis 5.56

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

7. 2.4 odd points.

Whilst some Swindon fans will be happy with the look of the lineup, I have to ask where is the improvement going to come from? Looking down the riders only Adam Ellis stands out as a rider who can improve his average.  Teams don’t win titles with riders maintaining. 

Morris got his average at the easier number 5 berth last year and won’t have Doyle riding alongside him in 13 and 15. A tough task for him to keep his 8.87.

Batchelor will maintain. You know what you will get. 7-8 points with the occassional big score and howler thrown in.

Bellego should never have got a spot. Ludicrous signing imo. His form in the second half of last season showed he isn’t consistent and there are better riders about on lower averages than 7.37. Bringing in an improving 5 pointer would have made a huge difference.

Musielaks signing last year won Swindon the league. But now his advantage has been used up. Still score fairly solidly no doubt but no real value.

Adam Ellis on 5.56 is value and he can stick at least a point on that.

The reserves are whipping boys. They will be there all season and are seriously weak. Other teams will fill their boots. Wajtknecht should be number 7 with a more experienced reserve in the 6 berth. If Rosco had shifted out Bellego and brought in an improving 5 pointer, it would have meant a 5 pointer in the first reserve berth.

Will Swindon make the playoffs? No idea just now as other teams are yet to announce their lineups. But that lineup doesn’t look strong enough to defend the title. Replacements by June.

Disagree with my opinion? Tell us why you think the team will do well.

A pretty fair assessment in my view, Mitchell Davey isn't good enough and like Grondal who clearly wasn't good enough either will no doubt will be replaced, Zach is a improving rider who had bad luck with injuries last season but as you say should be at number 7. Bellego has ability and it was reported he had equipment issues could maintain his average but I think that is unlikely and could drop back a bit to something like 6.5, Musielak  is a top rider and could easily maintain his average or up it slightly and Ellis could put at least a point on his average. Batch is Batch and we all know what we are going to get, he can be amazing like the time I remember him guesting for Poole against Wolves and winning a vital heat 15 but that kind of form doesn't happen often enough.

The top five has a solid look about it but you need one good reserve and in my opinion it is not fair on Zach to be that rider, he is going to need to win a lot of reserve races.

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

A good choice with the points we had available in this weakened league, thanks bspa.

Rosco was happy with the way he performed for us last year and I hope he can improve . 

Don't think he will improve myself hasn't shown any signs of doing much in the past and the league isn't weak enough for him to score many points.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Morris got his average at the easier number 5 berth last year and won’t have Doyle riding alongside him in 13 and 15. A tough task for him to keep his 8.87.

How is riding at 5 easier than riding at 1?  I would argue it is more difficult as you are partnered by a less capable rider (reserve) for 3 of your 4 programmed rides.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think he will improve myself hasn't shown any signs of doing much in the past and the league isn't weak enough for him to score many points.

If he can beat the Poole reserves that will make my night at Blunsdon :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

If he can beat the Poole reserves that will make my night at Blunsdon :D

He won't though unless one of them breaks down!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adonis said:

when you are partnered by a less able rider , theres not so much traffic at the first turn , and assuming the opposition has 1 less able ,you just have to deal with 1 rider of equal ability , 

I know the art of team riding is almost lost, but if you are partnered by a more capable rider, you are more likely to be able to have a plan on arrival at the first turn.  The only argument you could really make is that rider #5 is off the outside in heat 13, which makes that the more difficult position.

The team looks good to me.  Obviously weak at reserve but unless Mitchell pulls up some trees, he will go the same way as Grondal did last year when other riders' averages go down early doors.  I hope whoever Rosco has lined up to replace him has as much impact as Alpen did last season :t:

The addition of that tache will turn Boy Bratchelor into a man.

Welcome Mitchell another Rooboy

18 hours ago, orion said:

He never bailed out  last year ?..he got sacked for pulling out a meeting because yet again he did not fancy the track ....you can  debate if the Kings lynn track was ok to  ride or not but yet again the common denominator  of a so called poor track and a rider pulling out or showing  no effort Is Troy Batchelor ...it's not just bad luck or chance that he is always involved .

There was more than one rider involved, it has been said that most of the Kings Lynn side considered the track dangerous. It's not like the old days, the riders do not have as much control in the wet & rider's safety must be taken into consideration. Whenever there was rain before a Kings Lynn meeting after that, Chapman called the meetings off early. I think they says lots about the conditions that night.

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is just a general observation on the look of this lineup. I am not trying to wind up Swindon fans or cause an argument. Just my opinion.

1. Nick Morris 8.87

2. Troy Batchelor 7.63

3. David Bellego 7.37

4. Tobiasz Musielak 7.37

5. Adam Ellis 5.56

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

7. 2.4 odd points.

Whilst some Swindon fans will be happy with the look of the lineup, I have to ask where is the improvement going to come from? Looking down the riders only Adam Ellis stands out as a rider who can improve his average.  Teams don’t win titles with riders maintaining. 

Batchelor will maintain. You know what you will get. 7-8 points with the occassional big score and howler thrown in.

Bellego should never have got a spot. Ludicrous signing imo. His form in the second half of last season showed he isn’t consistent and there are better riders about on lower averages than 7.37. Bringing in an improving 5 pointer would have made a huge difference.

Musielaks signing last year won Swindon the league. But now his advantage has been used up. Still score fairly solidly no doubt but no real value.

Adam Ellis on 5.56 is value and he can stick at least a point on that.

The reserves are whipping boys. They will be there all season and are seriously weak. Other teams will fill their boots. Wajtknecht should be number 7 with a more experienced reserve in the 6 berth. If Rosco had shifted out Bellego and brought in an improving 5 pointer, it would have meant a 5 pointer in the first reserve berth.

Will Swindon make the playoffs? No idea just now as other teams are yet to announce their lineups. But that lineup doesn’t look strong enough to defend the title. Replacements by June.

Disagree with my opinion? Tell us why you think the team will do well.

Will you be saying that after the Robins give you more trouncing's again next season? I think not, it will be the usual non-reporting on the meetings again next season instead of your usual gloating. I fancy this side to push for the title again this season.