British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

There was more than one rider involved, it has been said that most of the Kings Lynn side considered the track dangerous. It's not like the old days, the riders do not have as much control in the wet & rider's safety must be taken into consideration. Whenever there was rain before a Kings Lynn meeting after that, Chapman called the meetings off early. I think they says lots about the conditions that night.

The irony is that Poole fans will accept Chris Holder back who was the rider who refused to ride in that meeting. Officially Batch only pulled out because of injury (believable or not).

11 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

There was more than one rider involved, it has been said that most of the Kings Lynn side considered the track dangerous. It's not like the old days, the riders do not have as much control in the wet & rider's safety must be taken into consideration. Whenever there was rain before a Kings Lynn meeting after that, Chapman called the meetings off early. I think they says lots about the conditions that night.

I have been to many meetings at kings Lynn and in my opinion Buster always tries to get the track  fit for racing even when it has rained and is wet, during the meeting there was no deluge during the meeting only drizzle which in normal circumstances wouldn't be enough to call a meeting off, I believe there was a problem with the track prior to the rainfall and the rain made it worse. Whatever the case it wasn't Batch who instigated it, the main issue with Batch was that he rode the next day having retired from the meeting with injury.

For the life of me I cant work out this Mitchel Davey signing, in his racing career over here he has been at best a Championship reserve so taking the jump to the Premiership is a jump to far IMO. In fact I see him only as a short term signing before the axe falls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DunRobin said:

Will you be saying that after the Robins give you more trouncing's again next season? I think not, it will be the usual non-reporting on the meetings again next season instead of your usual gloating. I fancy this side to push for the title again this season.

Not going to happen. Swindons 2018 lineup looks bland with really poor reserves who will be there all season. IMO there’s little chance of retaining the title with that lineup. You are kidding yourself if you think those 7 riders will improve enough to retain.  Titles are won with riders increasing their averages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to happen. Swindons 2018 lineup looks bland with really poor reserves who will be there all season. IMO there’s little chance of retaining the title with that lineup. You are kidding yourself if you think those 7 riders will improve enough to retain.  Titles are won with riders increasing their averages.

But look what happened last year ;)

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In that case Poole have had it then

13 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

In that case Poole have had it then

Agree Orlov, Poole appear to be struggling to even get a team together..

1 hour ago, screm said:

For the life of me I cant work out this Mitchel Davey signing, in his racing career over here he has been at best a Championship reserve so taking the jump to the Premiership is a jump to far IMO. In fact I see him only as a short term signing before the axe falls.

It's just the state of Speedway these days.How many Premiership reserves these days will ever be a heat leader in years to come,very few IMO .They are just making up numbers and getting paid too much.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In 2010 Pirates came to the Showground with Darcy Ward and Jason Doyle at reserve, how times have changed. Robins will need young Zach to be a big improver if they are to challenge next season imo...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

But look what happened last year ;)

If Swindon had kept their original line up they wouldn't of made tbe play offs 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If Swindon had kept their original line up they wouldn't of made tbe play offs 

I agree.The ambitious teams will make a change or 2.Maybe Swindon,Poole,Wolves.Early days is not so important.Thats what I was thinking when I made the comment.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Less need to increase averages next season with teams built to 42.5! So a point for Ellis and half for Zach will suffice. Get back up Herbert Avenue, Steve! 

18 hours ago, adonis said:

I think originally the quote that Morris had achieved his average at No 5 .possibly alluded to the fact that most races have a lower ability rider in them or 2 , so wins and second places are easier to come by and jack your average up , oh and by the way ,Im not trying to create an argument , just offering a different point of view 

I guess as BP's are not included in official averages that could be true.

Looking at http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2017/1 Morris scored way more BP's than Doyle, I guess the majority of these came in heats 13 & 15 when partnering Doyle?

Although his home/away stats are more impressive than any of the other riders in the top ten. Home - 9.41 Away - 9.35, the only other rider that comes close to such a small gap in home/away split is Andersen.

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It's just the state of Speedway these days.How many Premiership reserves these days will ever be a heat leader in years to come,very few IMO .They are just making up numbers and getting paid too much.

you do have a point, but IMO 2 stand out reserves who are both young and hungry, barring bad injury will deffo make it big in the sport are Dan Bewley and Zach Wajtknecht, another who will be big in the sport and hasn't ridden in the Prem yet is 15 year old Kyle Bickley.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

you do have a point, but IMO 2 stand out reserves who are both young and hungry, barring bad injury will deffo make it big in the sport are Dan Bewley and Zach Wajtknecht, another who will be big in the sport and hasn't ridden in the Prem yet is 15 year old Kyle Bickley.

Another who is destined for big things IMO is Jordon Jenkins.

• Like 1