British Speedway Forum

The most telling document within the new planning permission is the 2017 Framework Master Plan. It shows houses where the "new" stadium was originally supposed to be. These plans are simply being submitted in order to unlock further house building.

http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/48810D4EB6A3C6FD126E1250D0E7D8C3/pdf/S_RES_18_0027-2017_FRAMEWORK_MASTERPLAN-646104.pdf

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Spot on. I feel sorry for people who are so gullible to keep getting taken in. It will go quiet now for 9 months before more exciting breaking news is out that the stadium is imminent. More chance of Gavan admitting Poole will pee the league next season.

Sadly you get people who are at the clubwho  turn on anyone who dare say that it won' happen ..with Clark Osbourne  track record on not  building stadiums and change of plan after change of plan you still have people thinking that they are telling the truth and thinking it will go ahead ..i expect the next statement to be around September saying there will be a delay before the normal suspects tell us we are being negative for not being taken by yet another lie .

I think it would be worth the Swindon promotion going to the Port Talbot factory to see if their stadium actually exists in modular form

• Like 2

Well if I had bought one of the houses in the pits on the basis that the stadium was being relocated, I would not be happy with these plan changes.  

We were also told that the new stadium was being stored somewhere in Wales but the new drawings look nothing like the old ones!

It does seem that something is amiss :mad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Well if I had bought one of the houses in the pits on the basis that the stadium was being relocated, I would not be happy with these plan changes.  

We were also told that the new stadium was being stored somewhere in Wales but the new drawings look nothing like the old ones!

It does seem that something is amiss :mad:

Report in the adver states that there was a realistic program to be racing on their new track this season, oh yea.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15893968.Abbey_Stadium_owners_announce_new_plans_for_arena/?ref=mr&lp=2

Have they not got to go and get new planning permission as this is a complete change to what was originally proposed before they start?  That will delay things and now there are occupants living a lot closer to the site.

22 hours ago, Grachan said:

So the plan now, it seems, is for the new stadium to be built on the same site as the current one.

If new one is worked on and changed, then fine.

If the current one is to be demolished first, then not fine.

If the current one is to be demolished first, I would be very concerned for Swindon.

22 minutes ago, eric i said:

If the current one is to be demolished first, I would be very concerned for Swindon.

Apparently it's not.

• Like 1

When I very first read about the news I initially thought it was cause for cautious optimism. The more questions that pop up though, the more doubts it brings, at this stage. Are the actual new plans anywhere to look at? I’m assuming the old proposed new stadium site that was beset with “drainage issues” will be now used for houses? If so, how does it stop a stadium built on it but not a load of houses?

i hold the same mentality as I have for the last 10 years. I’ll only believe it when we’re stood there watching a meeting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

When I very first read about the news I initially thought it was cause for cautious optimism. The more questions that pop up though, the more doubts it brings, at this stage. Are the actual new plans anywhere to look at? I’m assuming the old proposed new stadium site that was beset with “drainage issues” will be now used for houses? If so, how does it stop a stadium built on it but not a load of houses?

i hold the same mentality as I have for the last 10 years. I’ll only believe it when we’re stood there watching a meeting.

Plans are here:

http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P23E0APTKAM00

48 minutes ago, MattK said:

Cheers, Matt. The link you previously sent didn’t open for me for some reason.

As I thought. Looks like houses planned to go in the car park pond, then. Hope any prospective residents have a few pairs of wellies with them. Unless Osbourne suddenly, miraculously finds a solution to the “drainage issues”.

weird situation? drainage problem where the new stadium would have been? but it's going to be ok for houses? #confusing?

How is the Stadium rebuild being funded. I thought originally that the sale of the old Stadium to the House builders, would pay for the new Stadium, but now it's not being demolished for Housing, who is paying for it? Also, the comment of "We hope to get some of the work done" should surely say "We look forward to getting ALL the work done.

14 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

How is the Stadium rebuild being funded. I thought originally that the sale of the old Stadium to the House builders, would pay for the new Stadium, but now it's not being demolished for Housing, who is paying for it? Also, the comment of "We hope to get some of the work done" should surely say "We look forward to getting ALL the work done.

The land owner and house developer, the same was going to pay for the original new one :blink: