British Speedway Forum

With the situation with the new stadium as it is i wonder now if poole will ever be up graded i very much doubt it ?

1 hour ago, ray c said:

With the situation with the new stadium as it is i wonder now if poole will ever be up graded i very much doubt it ?

Poole council own Poole stadium. It’s leased to the dogs. If it’s upgraded it will be by the council.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole council own Poole stadium. It’s leased to the dogs. If it’s upgraded it will be by the council.

I would have thought it would be done by gaming international as they got a very long lease not by poole council imo

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Stadia uk or whatever there name is now come up with a decent set of plans Pooles corrupt council will roll over and accept proposals 

At the present time, the stadium is known as the "Believe It When You See It Stadium" . They say that they have changed it due to drainage problems but they still are going to build new houses where the new stadium was due to be built. Make what you will of that. I dearly would like to see speedway continue at Blunsdon but I'm not holding my breath. Their previous record with speedway stadiums & the ongoing dispute with regard to Torquay FC's ground says it all. Continually changing their plans there but at present Torquay council are accepting not their plans. 

• Like 1

Hearing things are not good in the greyhound world and company are cutting things back so where is the money for stadium coming from?

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Hearing things are not good in the greyhound world and company are cutting things back so where is the money for stadium coming from?

Bill Glass's back pocket?!  (Thats a question not a statement!!?) ;):P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

What has this got to do with Swindon :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, sugarray said:

There is no new stadium. These plans are simply designed to free-up the land that the proposed new (old) stadium was supposed to be built on for housing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

What has this got to do with Swindon :unsure:

Sorry my bad. Put this in the wrong forum. Thanks for spotting it!! 

Sorry did not mean to that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

Who the hell is he lol.