British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, JOS50 said:

How does one check this information?

I've not attempted to check this information as I haven't felt the need. The information I have posted is based on press releases etc from when Downers Management bought into the Club, and from programme notes/social media postings that I have seen since.

I still don't see where there was an entry with a flourish from Per-Axel Warensjo. Perhaps you've confused him with Mike Bowden who did enter a little more at the forefront at the time?

1 hour ago, JOS50 said:

Seen, but says nowt about speedway

This is Swindon Speedway:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08680346

If you look at the Filing History you can see two entries for "Notification of xxx as a person with significant control". These detail the major shareholders. One is Terry Russell and the other is Downers Management Limited.

MrMungo's link is for Downers Management Limited. If you click on People you can see the directors of that company who are Steve Parks, Mike Bowden and Per Axel Warensjo.

11 minutes ago, MattK said:

This is Swindon Speedway:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08680346

If you look at the Filing History you can see two entries for "Notification of xxx as a person with significant control". These detail the major shareholders. One is Terry Russell and the other is Downers Management Limited.

MrMungo's link is for Downers Management Limited. If you click on People you can see the directors of that company who are Steve Parks, Mike Bowden and Per Axel Warensjo.

Got it now, thanks.

Bad fall for Doyle in heat one in Poland. 

He high-sided onto collarbone off bend two. Nasty fall. Ambulance out on track.

Hope he is OK. Being attended to. Looked like he was knocked out. Being taken away by ambulance to hospital. He highsided still attached to bike.

Very best wishes to Doyley.  

Edited by Steve Shovlar

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bad fall for Doyle in heat one in Poland. 

He high-sided onto collarbone off bend two. Nasty fall. Ambulance out on track.

Hope he is OK. Being attended to. Looked like he was knocked out. Being taken away by ambulance to hospital. He highsided still attached to bike.

Very best wishes to Doyley.  

Somerset will be more concerned 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Somerset will be more concerned 

My error. But I am sure Swindon fans will also be concerned as will all speedway fans.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Great start to the season, I know leagues aren’t won in April but 3 wins from 3 isn’t bad. To think some questioned our side....

Just now, hyabb17 said:

Great start to the season, I know leagues aren’t won in April but 3 wins from 3 isn’t bad. To think some questioned our side....

I still thing Mitchell Davey will be replaced unfortunately. Batchelor has been riding like a number one.

Just now, ReadingRacer2017 said:

I still thing Mitchell Davey will be replaced unfortunately. Batchelor has been riding like a number one.

Wouldn’t disagree with that. Look what one change done for us last season although I doubt we’ll get as lucky. Batch has been very good so far. Hopefully that continues!

Davey scored 2 maximums in his two NL meetings. With the points we have available it would need to be a NL rider to replace him. Not sure there is anyone better at the moment.  He also scored well v BV in the Charity Shield. So no need to look at changing a winning team at the moment. Need to give him a few more meetings.

• Like 2

The thing we have is that we’ve a team who can ride most tracks rather than built for your own track. I’m not saying we’ll win at every track but we will be competitive at most of them (as the 3 away matches to date have shown). We also have 3 riders in Nick, Troy & Tobi who could all have a spell at 1. Ellis has improved massively in the past year & if Bellego is scoring 7,8 or 9 a match that helps. Zach will score his average if not more, Davey is the only concern. Whether we stick or twist remains to be seen, if a change is made i’d Like Jack Smith.....I know he’s at Sheffield so may miss a few but that’s the risk you take. 

Edited by hyabb17

I seem to remember the same being said about Adam last year. ( when people conveniently forget he was riding with a broken wrist)   Give Davey time, I’m sure he’ll come good. Believe me. For a young rider to be seeing fans calling for him to be replaced isn’t a good thing. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I seem to remember the same being said about Adam last year. ( when people conveniently forget he was riding with a broken wrist)   Give Davey time, I’m sure he’ll come good. Believe me. For a young rider to be seeing fans calling for him to be replaced isn’t a good thing. 

Fair point. I think he will be given time & hopefully can get something working.   

Is Adam still using the Godden tonight? Seems like it has something if so. 

Edited by hyabb17

I think they should give Mitch more time and meetings, he did well against Belle Vue and just needs to find that form again.