British Speedway Forum

Welcome to The Stade De Lite Jacko

8 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Well Gater1 was Tom Turner, so you can put them two together Ross.

Why havent you responded to my twitter request to follow you btw ? 

Because I'm not Ross Bennett. Simples. Cant accept your twitter request because I don't know Ross Bennett's log in details. 

Also according to this forum I'm Gater1. 

Therefore I cannot be Tom Turner and Ross Bennett (I'm neither)

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

6 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Considering Jack Smith rode for Belle Vue, I was expecting much better last night. 

Any 2 point ish rider you sign will be a young National league rider who is only in the team so that you can have a top heavy 1 to 5(the managers choice)  they are all just cannon fodder who will pick up the odd point here and there.They are all to young to be in the top league Jack was loved at Belle vue last year because he is a real trier and the fans got behind him and went crazy whenever he scored a point or so for us they were just chuffed for the lad.But we all knew he was a young kid and why he was in the team and never gave him any hassle at all.

The only way you will get a better reserve is to drop one of your top 4 and bring in 2 four ish pointers like we have done this year if it turns out better for us time will tell.

All i can say to you is take Jack for what he is a young lad at the start of his speedway carrier and get behind the lad he will be giving everything he has got but at best he will score a couple of points every now and then and when he does give him a massive cheer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Considering Jack Smith rode for Belle Vue, I was expecting much better last night. 

You really don't have a clue do you who would you of EXPECTED him to beat ? 

He scored the amount i expected 

• Like 2

On 13/05/2018 at 7:47 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But there are still 3 known clashes....

We have Anders Rowe, who might benefit from a few outings. He'll probably cover on those occasions if no other decent guests are available.

In the end, whoever we have at number 7 is going to struggle to score anything as they are going to be the lowest rider in the league. This is what teams have to put up with when finishing at the top of the league, unfortunately. It's just the way it is.

I think it is better as it is, by keeping the bulk of the side together from last year. But last year we had the World Champion at the top and always had a strong reserve. Both these have had to be jettisoned in order to keep the rest of the side together. Even with Jason and BWD gone we've had to go with a 2 pointer.

This is why clubs at the top can often look like they are manipulating averages a bit.

15 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You really don't have a clue do you who would you of EXPECTED him to beat ? 

He scored the amount i expected 

Typical crap from KKS, so to be expected 

Can’t remember if Jack Smith is a BV or Glasgow asset but if he could become a Swindon asset I’d be happy to write off a season or two challenging for the title just to bring him on, like we’re doing to an extent with Zach. 

All this moaning about the reserves is not justified. Rosco chose to go top heavy as did he last season. Did we finish bottom of the heap? No, we won the league. The reserves will pick up the odd point here & there, as long as the top 5 ride to their averages, that's ok with me. Zac will improve with time & will eventually prove a good signing. The majority of the side are now Swindon assets &that can only be good for the future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

3rd away defeat on the spin. I think   Bellego needs to go to make reserves stronger.

You keep on about who Swindon should ditch, so how about giving options of who should be brought in?

Personally I think we should keep the side we have.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Grachan said:

You keep on about who Swindon should ditch, so how about giving options of who should be brought in?

Personally I think we should keep the side we have.

Drop Bellego and Smith, bring in Starke & stronger reserve.

38 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Starke in the top 5? Not sure about that.

The only change likely to happen is a stronger no 7 if the averages drop - and if we are losing a lot they will. 

40 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Like for Like changes because swindon are over the points limit