British Speedway Forum

Yahoo! It's July and time for the stadium to be dropped into place with all sections interlocked. Are all of the parts on site?

• Like 1

Funny enough I was thinking the same, Is there any movement re the new Stadium?

Anyone looked at the Swindon planning portal lately? Anything happening been quite a while since Barretts objected 

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Anyone looked at the Swindon planning portal lately? Anything happening been quite a while since Barretts objected 

Surely we are due another article in the adver with Tomlinson and Osbourne wearing hard hats and stood next to a digger saying big progress has been made. These mofos aint fooling anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Try Tomlinson’s Facebook page. He’s on there every day showing the good causes he’s attended, but what he has actually achieved is never mentioned. Ah, the modesty of a politician.  :)

Hearing a statement is due any day. 

Bad news. The cackers have had the prefab stands away to the scrappers. Osborne, with sad look on face, says there’s no more to be said and is offering a couple of tins of b&q paint for the back straight bogs.

’I received a call this morning, informing me that the stands have vanished, said a distraught Osborne. ‘I immediately headed over to the storage in South Wales, and discovered all our stands, which were about to be shipped down the M4 to Blunsdon, had mysteriously disappeared. We are disappointed. We will now have to start from scratch and unfortunately this will lead to a lengthy delay before any work gets underway’.

• Like 1

As usual a couple of those who claim to be  "in the know" stated the stand on the back straight would be started in June.  It is all obviously bull crap as on the planning details Stadia have not even got Planning Permission to knock down the existing stand yet. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

The longer the 'new stadium' fiasco goes on the less chance I think it will ever happen.

The stadium is now surrounded by housing developments - I give it another 5 years or so and Speedway will cease at the Abbey Stadium on noise and environmental grounds.

• Like 1

A lot of those people have purchased houses with understanding that the new stadium will be built several hundred metres away. I can see several legal challenges being brought if the stadium remains on its present site.

Had a look on the Swindon planning portal. Nothing since April. Curiouser and curiouser. Might be worth a phone call to the planning dept.

I walked into the new estate prior to the Charity Shield meeting after having a pre match meal in the Jovial Monk. I followed the sound of the bikes but came to a dead end. Whilst on the estate near the stadium two new homeowners were stood at their front door trying to make out what the noise was. 

As people have said these very people will soon gang up on the robins and have them shut down and with the state of the sport currently, a few hundred fans won’t stop them. 

8 minutes ago, ouch said:

I walked into the new estate prior to the Charity Shield meeting after having a pre match meal in the Jovial Monk. I followed the sound of the bikes but came to a dead end. Whilst on the estate near the stadium two new homeowners were stood at their front door trying to make out what the noise was. 

As people have said these very people will soon gang up on the robins and have them shut down and with the state of the sport currently, a few hundred fans won’t stop them. 

If they were concerned they should have had a better solicitor who would have told them about things like the stadium in the area.

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

A lot of those people have purchased houses with understanding that the new stadium will be built several hundred metres away. I can see several legal challenges being brought if the stadium remains on its present site.

Of course that was  end Clark's plan all along .The staduim was never going to build where they said . And of course  the new plans will never get off the ground because of the noise and where the houses are  now built .You can see Osbourne  Clark with a Hannibal smith cigar saying I love it when a plan comes together.

Edited by orion
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

And playing right into osbournes hands

20 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

If they were concerned they should have had a better solicitor who would have told them about things like the stadium in the area.

You mean the stadium which was planned to be demolished. I wonder how many homeowners were told that by eager estate agents when they queried it?