British Speedway Forum

Interesting of Swindon to run this when they can't even give any updates or hope to the fans that 2019 will exist for the Robins. This is a desperate attempt to bring in a crowd without even trying to fix any of the sports issues. An idea likely to have come out of the BSPA meeting Tuesday. An idea that can put people off for life with the current state of the Premiership. Maybe a last ditch attempt to the Swindon council that the new stadium will be viable.

Either way, I think the club has got it's priorities wrong, just over 2 months of the 2018 season left and fan's are in limbo. 

Check out @SwindonSpeedway’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SwindonSpeedway/status/1017769208543838210?s=09

Apparently next year we’re doing an “everyone can get in free if you can find the track”. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Apparently next year we’re doing an “everyone can get in free if you can find the track”. :)

Lets hope not :blink:

Surely with their inconsistent form, Morris, Bellego & Musielak now have lower averages, can we not fit in someone on higher average to to replace struggling Jack?

1 hour ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Surely with their inconsistent form, Morris, Bellego & Musielak now have lower averages, can we not fit in someone on higher average to to replace struggling Jack?

Swindon have 2 x 8+ point riders and a team total of 43.04, so who and how would you suggest?!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, Wolfie456 said:

Along with Eastbourne which has been sold and earmarked for a hotel.

When was that sold on have not heard anything?

Great idea by Swindon speedway club

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Swindon have 2 x 8+ point riders and a team total of 43.04, so who and how would you suggest?!

Skidder some people have not got a bl##dy clue, it even had C Harris being signed by Swindon a short while ago.

• Like 1

Many new planning revisions issued 13 July, not a lot of which means much, following the outline planning permission issued  

On 7/13/2018 at 10:46 AM, Skidder1 said:

Teriffic article in the Swindon section by Terry Russell in this week's Speedway Star, bemoaning the fact that Speedway's 'second division' are allowed to call the shots over the top league.

He cites the case of 3 of his riders for whom Swindon pay all the costs also being used by Lakeside who pay nothing other than points money yet get priority of those riders when there is a (potential) fixture clash.

I couldn't agree more.

Why should Sheffield Ipswich and Redcar be sacrificed just so the premiership teams can have fixed race nights.  

The championship / premier league / national league has always been a better run league. Several clubs have been tempted “up” and then been shafted and either closed or ran in the current national league. 

• Like 2

Bellego broken scaphoid !

I can see ReadingRacer2017 going into a frenzy :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

One thing for sure is that our team cant cope with RR so I hope we sign a temporary replacement if hes out for a while

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Yes the troll will come up with another load of rubbish re replacements, just like Chris Harris :rolleyes: 

• Like 2