British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

If Mountain (or anyone else) has an equal or lower average than Smith then he can be replaced - and needs to be because he is showing little or no improvement in his scoring ability.

Agreed, but Mountains average was above Jacks so it leaves anyone with an average of 2 or below, but who is about ?

Edited by A ORLOV

Mountain has struggled at CL so I don't expect will score all that well at PL.  Must admit I don't like teams making all these changes, makes a mockery of the winter team building and engenders no loyalty from riders.  Oh for the days when teams stayed almost the same throughout the season. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Surely Bellego is not a longterm injury then.?

No, but we have five meetings in the next two weeks. We can't afford r/r for those meetings, with only Ellis and the reserves able to take a ride. By the time Bellego is back we could be out of play-off contention, especially if it is reduce to just the top three.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I thought Orlov maybe Swindon could of had Auty as cover only for David until he comeback and Connor was that to high.? Was thinking have Eastbourne got a rule in place to stop Tom Brennan getting different  opportunities because i would of considered him or Connor.

Auty could have covered for David  but with Connor the total is too high Sid, only just,  anyway Josh Auty and Connor now signed up with Leicester so you will be able to see what they are like on monday. 

13 minutes ago, MattK said:

No, but we have five meetings in the next two weeks. We can't afford r/r for those meetings, with only Ellis and the reserves able to take a ride. By the time Bellego is back we could be out of play-off contention, especially if it is reduce to just the top three.

It won't be the top 3. Why people still believe things this person says is beyond me.

But you are 100% right. 2 weeks out is 2 weeks too long. We can't afford RR esp when we will get smashed tomo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattK said:

Well if he is not back for some of those meetings the decision not to address the problem is strange.R/R is a massive problem lose tonight and the pressure is really on just hope David is back sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Mountain has struggled at CL so I don't expect will score all that well at PL.  Must admit I don't like teams making all these changes, makes a mockery of the winter team building and engenders no loyalty from riders.  Oh for the days when teams stayed almost the same throughout the season. 

The thing is Speedy he has not totally struggled at Championship level he has found life difficult at Foxhall his away performances have been encouraging.Also the gap between both leagues now  is very slim and his job at PREM level will be to try to get 2 or 3 points a meeting for Leicester looking in Mountain is certainly a better rider than Smith.

• Like 1

Bellego should never have been signed in the first place on his 7.37 starting average, his form at the end of the 2017 season was very poor.

I still find it mindblowing that Swindon chose Nick Morris over Jason Doyle, a newly crowned World Champion. Morris has been a shadow of the rider he was in 2017.

Tobiasz Musielak can be class on a speedway bike, he reminds me of a young Per Jonsson, his riding style and passing ability is worth the admission price alone. ✔️

Adam and Zach, 2 young Brit’s who are improving all the time. ✔️

Troy Batchelor has been a sensation, double figures home and away most weeks. Signing of the season contender. ✔️

Jack Smith is just not good enough at this level, slow out the gate & slow machinery. It’s not rocket science, you don’t win the league with a 2 pointer at reserve.

1 minute ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bellego should never have been signed in the first place on his 7.37 starting average, his form at the end of the 2017 season was very poor.

I still find it mindblowing that Swindon chose Nick Morris over Jason Doyle, a newly crowned World Champion. Morris has been a shadow of the rider he was in 2017.

Tobiasz Musielak can be class on a speedway bike, he reminds me of a young Per Jonsson, his riding style and passing ability is worth the admission price alone. ✔️

Adam and Zach, 2 young Brit’s who are improving all the time. ✔️

Troy Batchelor has been a sensation, double figures home and away most weeks. Signing of the season contender. ✔️

Jack Smith is just not good enough at this level, slow out the gate & slow machinery. It’s not rocket science, you don’t win the league with a 2 pointer at reserve.

Dont agree one bit, with Doyley we could not of had a top 5 you are   wrong on Morris and to assemble a top 5 like we have you have to have a 2 pointer.Bellego we all knew it would be impossible to get near to his average the previous year overall i am happy with the season.What you have to realise is where Rosco has been loyal to his riders in years to come hopefully???? riders who join us will remember that loyalty.

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

The thing is Speedy he has not totally struggled at Championship level he has found life difficult at Foxhall his away performances have been encouraging.Also the gap between both leagues now  is very slim and his job at PREM level will be to try to get 2 or 3 points a meeting for Leicester looking in Mountain is certainly a better rider than Smith.

The additional experience of different teams and tracks will do no harm to him and glad you have realistic expectations.  Some of these young Brits need time to develop, some more than others and I just wish teams were more stable to allow that to happen and for the fans to get to know their team.  It really is now getting to be just a bunch of individuals and not really a team  and that turns me off.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve0 said:

If Mountain (or anyone else) has an equal or lower average than Smith then he can be replaced - and needs to be because he is showing little or no improvement in his scoring ability.

Mountain's average is higher

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

The additional experience of different teams and tracks will do no harm to him and glad you have realistic expectations.  Some of these young Brits need time to develop, some more than others and I just wish teams were more stable to allow that to happen and for the fans to get to know their team.  It really is now getting to be just a bunch of individuals and not really a team  and that turns me off.

Yes spot on Speedy we  need to show patience with these young Brits what happened at Ipswich for me should never happen.It will be interesting to see how many points Garcia scores after Wallinger goes because Kemp should be in the easier no 7 position.

59 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Dont agree one bit, with Doyley we could not of had a top 5 you are   wrong on Morris and to assemble a top 5 like we have you have to have a 2 pointer.Bellego we all knew it would be impossible to get near to his average the previous year overall i am happy with the season.What you have to realise is where Rosco has been loyal to his riders in years to come hopefully???? riders who join us will remember that loyalty.

The difference in averages between Doyle and Morris was 1.02.

Bellego has dropped 1.27 from his average so far this season.

Therefore RR2017 is right (with the power of hindsight) we could have signed Doyle instead of Morris and a better rider than Bellego.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MattK said:

The difference in averages between Doyle and Morris was 1.02.

Bellego has dropped 1.27 from his average so far this season.

Therefore RR2017 is right (with the power of hindsight) we could have signed Doyle instead of Morris and a better rider than Bellego.

Doyley i am a big supporter of his and cant wait to see him ride tonight.But i can fully understand the route the management went with there team building.Could Swindon really afford a new WC ? i think not  and Doyley deserves everything he gets.As for the team i cant see many riders available at the start of the season that would of been better than David. Of course Michelsen, Milik, Lebedev but they are not available the top 5 we assembled also we could not of done that with Doyley in the side.Out of interest hypothetically with Doyley in the side who would you have in place of David who was available.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

Doyle didn't want to ride for Swindon anyway doesn't like Rosco.