British Speedway Forum

On July 19th the Council accepted the latest set of plans for drainage of water etc, something to which the LLFA objected to back in Feb but having been accepted they need to send detailed designs re the surface water to LLFA for approval before any work can be done.   

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

On July 19th the Council accepted the latest set of plans for drainage of water etc, something to which the LLFA objected to back in Feb but having been accepted they need to send detailed designs re the surface water to LLFA for approval before any work can be done.   

Is that for the proposed new site for the stadium ? or the revamp of existing ?

8 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

A rule needs to be brought in that a rider must attain a certain average in the league below to make the next step up.

No rider should ride in the top league on a 2 point average as purely a team filler.

Problem is mate in the future it might be a case of all clubs having a 2 pointer.. But that is pure speculation a lot will depend on the make up of the league/leagues next season.
But i would think its safe as houses, no pun there, that no club will join the premiership. Hopefully we wont lose anymore clubs, but i wouldnt bet me mortgage on that not happening. But first of all we need a change at the top of the management committee.. We do need somebody with vast speedway knowledge at the top, but somebody who is prepared to work together with other promotions for the good of British speedway. you cannot just bring in anybody.

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Is that for the proposed new site for the stadium ? or the revamp of existing ?

Revamp of existing as the previous "new" site had massive drainage issues.  So the house owners of houses which will be built on that site will be able to grow rice instead of grass.

Edited by A ORLOV

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Game set and match to the developers then!!! Never had any intention to build new stadium  and probably  this would mean total demise of Swindon  Speedway

Why?

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Perhaps it's time for the council to suggest alternative sites, let the Abbey go, never going to work now with all the houses, start again, GI never had any intention of building a new stadium.

If we leave the Abbey i think that could be it for Swindon  speedway i can't see us getting an alternative site and even if we do that will take time.I know it is long shot but if the worst scenario happens could Cowley Oxford be a option.?

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If we leave the Abbey i think that could be it for Swindon  speedway i can't see us getting an alternative site and even if we do that will take time.I know it is long shot but if the worst scenario happens could Cowley Oxford be a option.?

They could do a Robert Maxwell and combine the 3 teams - Oxford, Swindon and Reading and they could be called the Robbing,cheating, racers- see what i did there !!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They could do a Robert Maxwell and combine the 3 teams - Oxford, Swindon and Reading and they could be called the Robbing,cheating, racers- see what i did there !!!

....... or "Poole" for short?   :)

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

if oxford stadium reopened for dogs and speedway the speedway team would be  oxford not swindon,the dogs however are different swindons dog operation could easily be moved to oxford

Talking to a high up member of Stadia UK or whatever they are called and they say it is a matter of when not if 're the stadium.

Mind you that could be just quoting the party line!

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What's the latest news on Oxford? Used to enjoy my nights at Cowley,.

6 minutes ago, noggin said:

What's the latest news on Oxford? Used to enjoy my nights at Cowley,.

Yep, all those minis.  :)

42 minutes ago, poole keith said:

if oxford stadium reopened for dogs and speedway the speedway team would be  oxford not swindon

Not necessarily........Arena Essex was re-branded as Lakeside and any incoming promoter could name their team whatever they wanted.

They could be Oxford Cheetahs, Thames Valley United or even Silver Machine if they so wished!!!

44 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Talking to a high up member of Stadia UK or whatever they are called and they say it is a matter of when not if 're the stadium.

Mind you that could be just quoting the party line!

Heard that one on countless occasions at Reading.   

They are more than economical with the truth to put it mildly! 

• Like 1

Swindon new averages from 1st August as it stands, not including Monday’s meeting.

Troy Batchelor 8.41

Nick Morris 8.04

Tobiasz Musielak 6.96

Adam Ellis 6.49

David Bellego 6.10

Zach Wajtknecht 4.04

Jack Smith 2.00

TOTAL - 42.04 (Only 0.46 left)

Edited by ReadingRacer2017