British Speedway Forum

New averages for September will be calculated and published after 23rd August as usual.  Its only team changes that can't happen after August 12/15th - unless there is a season-ending injury when the BSPA MC will make a decision based on what is best for British Speedway.;)

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

New averages for September will be calculated and published after 23rd August as usual.  Its only team changes that can't happen after August 12/15th - unless there is a season-ending injury when the BSPA MC will make a decision based on what is best for British Speedway.;)

Ta. Saw a glimmer of hope which has now been taken away!! Limp into the semis and then a double defeat to Poole it is!

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Ta. Saw a glimmer of hope which has now been taken away!! Limp into the semis and then a double defeat to Poole it is!

A reverse of last season when we had the measure of Poole.

Will be lucky to get 60 points over 2 legs even if we do get in the play offs which I doubt.

Looking forward to our visit on the 27th. Swindon come to us on the 22nd and have got lucky as we are missing Klindt and Jakobsen. Gives them a good chance.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to our visit on the 27th. Swindon come to us on the 22nd and have got lucky as we are missing Klindt and Jakobsen. Gives them a good chance.

Risk you run in signing two Danes on a Wednesday which are not protected for the UK.

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What are the options to replace them? RR for Klindt and guest for the other one?

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

What are the options to replace them? RR for Klindt and guest for the other one?

At the moment its r/r and Mark Riss booked for Jakobsen!!

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish Steve as Poole could win without those 2 with the guests they can get.

So another team make a positive change to help them reach the play offs & Rosco sits on his hands with 1 point from 9 away meetings & a tough run in home & away.

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

So another team make a positive change to help them reach the play offs & Rosco sits on his hands with 1 point from 9 away meetings & a tough run in home & away.

WE would have to make two changes to improve the reserve birth - with 6 meeting's left who's out there for those two changes? No-one, that's the problem. You have to build to 42.5 unless it's injury or like for like I believe (no doubt I'll be correct if my understanding of the rules is incorrect).

21 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

WE would have to make two changes to improve the reserve birth - with 6 meeting's left who's out there for those two changes? No-one, that's the problem. You have to build to 42.5 unless it's injury or like for like I believe (no doubt I'll be correct if my understanding of the rules is incorrect).

You are correct.....some just like to continue harping on about needing a change without offering up any potential solutions....certainly none I have seen that would be of any benefit.

Edited by Reliant Robin

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Christmas is coming, see if you can get the Mrs to buy you a half full glass this year. :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

At the moment its r/r and Mark Riss booked for Jakobsen!!

Well now Klindt is in the main body then RR will score more than he would. Riss wont score as much as the other Dane but against our reserves away Woryna on his own will be enough. But of course we will get the against all odds victory report from Shov at the end of it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

You are correct.....some just like to continue harping on about needing a change without offering up any potential solutions....certainly none I have seen that would be of any benefit.

Some of the names the Reading fan came up with were absolute dog plop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

There was supposed to be no riders last season as well but look what difference Tobias made.

If it means having to make 2 changes to get a better reserve in then that should be looked at.

Only Adam & Troy should have no worries about getting replaced as they’ve more than done their jobs.

Nick,  David & to a lesser degree Tobias have been inconsistent all season & couldn’t argue if they were let go with Jack.

Better to try to change than accept what’s happened in the last 9 away meetings.

Only an opinion just like the rest of you but come on there is some good points made.

Edited by Crazy robin