British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I reckon Swindon should sign Clegg. Off Last of the summer wine.

I reckon Compo would be better!

On 8/10/2018 at 9:24 PM, Crazy robin said:

It was lucky that Stefan got injured & Nicolai miraculously dropped his average enough.

That said well done as it’s a good fit for all.

I think Stefan was very unlucky he was going really well until his unfortunate injury and would not have been changed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Stefan was very unlucky he was going really well until his unfortunate injury and would not have been changed. 

Agree. Klindt has done a lot better than Stefan would have, but there was no luck involved in him getting injured. Poole have gained by his injury, but It happened and Poole covered very well. Think they could of had a collection for him though. But that's a different thread.

With the situation with the houses around the stadium, I honestly believe that the last ever meeting for the Swindon Robins will be the home fixture against BV in early September.

i certainly hope that I am wrong but I really cannot see a solution for the houses that back straight onto the pits and feel it will come to a head over the winter.

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

With the situation with the houses around the stadium, I honestly believe that the last ever meeting for the Swindon Robins will be the home fixture against BV in early September.

i certainly hope that I am wrong but I really cannot see a solution for the houses that back straight onto the pits and feel it will come to a head over the winter.

The thing that worries me are the houses being built behind the back straight. Wasn't this where the new pits are supposed to be going? Tomlinson told my mate that there is no legal agreement in place for it yet and SBC want this to make sure it happens. We all know the end is near.

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

The thing that worries me are the houses being built behind the back straight. Wasn't this where the new pits are supposed to be going? Tomlinson told my mate that there is no legal agreement in place for it yet and SBC want this to make sure it happens. We all know the end is near.

The pits are going to be at the opposite end to where they are now.  I have not seen any houses being built behind the back straight, if you mean the area between the back straight and Lady Lane, that is where one of the present and future car parks are.

The silence from the Promoters is  deafening, Re the progress of the New Stadium  

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

On the newest plans, the backstraight is supposed to be parking, so it is interesting if they are starting work on building houses there. The pits will be next to the main stand before the entrance to bend one.

swindon-plan 

• Like 1

Just now, MattK said:

On the newest plans, the backstraight is supposed to be parking, so it is interesting if they are starting work on building houses there. The pits will be next to the main stand before the entrance to bend one.

swindon-plan 

I wasn't very clear when I said about the houses being built on the back straight. What I meant was the houses were being built on the other side of the road. If the new pits were somewhere near the current back straight car park then surely the people that buy the houses will be complaining.

• Like 1

Bloody hell what a bottleneck getting in and out of the carpark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

don't worry Steve, it'll never happen.

Too much has gone through for a happy ending at the Abbey, toothless twats letting everything happen like it has.

I'll publicly come on here and apologise if this new stadium does indeed happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree, best to park elsewhere and save the parking charge as well as trying to find a space in the limited car parks. 

3 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Agree, best to park elsewhere and save the parking charge as well as trying to find a space in the limited car parks. 

where do you park then?

I understand that the Stadium is proposing using the park and ride at Groundwell, and they mentioned for really big events they want people to park in the town centre and get the bus.

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Enjoy bank holiday Monday mate because it will be the last time you go there.

• Like 1