British Speedway Forum

There is a query about the plan which does not appear to be right, the same as most of the other drawings etc shown previously, as it does not show the location of the back straight stand which is the first thing they are waiting  for planning permission to build, after they have received permission to demolish the present building.

Edited by A ORLOV

1 hour ago, dump that clutch said:

don't worry Steve, it'll never happen.

Too much has gone through for a happy ending at the Abbey, toothless twats letting everything happen like it has.

I'll publicly come on here and apologise if this new stadium does indeed happen.

I'm feeling that way too. How can GI keep making so many mistakes? Are they truly incompetent or are they looking to get us evicted?

On 8/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps he’s lowering his average so he’s more attractive next season.

A pathetic post from a bloke who just about has the guts to put his leg over a pushbike.Unsensetive i have total respect for every rider of every level who puts his life on the line to try to entertain  us i am sad that you find taking the piss out of Jack pleasurable.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

There is a query about the plan which does not appear to be right, the same as most of the other drawings etc shown previously, as it does not show the location of the back straight stand which is the first thing they are waiting  for planning permission to build, after they have received permission to demolish the present building.

There is no back straight stand mentioned anywhere in the planning application. I don't even think there is room for a stand between the greyhound track and the access road. The only thing I can see is 4 metres of "hard standing" between the track and the road.

1 hour ago, MattK said:

There is no back straight stand mentioned anywhere in the planning application. I don't even think there is room for a stand between the greyhound track and the access road. The only thing I can see is 4 metres of "hard standing" between the track and the road.

This stand was mentioned by Stadia which they will use for the dog racing, and if construction happens in the speedway  season for speedway while the main stand is replaced as it is not an overnight job, even though they claim their "lego brick" construction goes up fast.

This is another case of plans which do not fit what has been stated and possibly all bs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

This stand was mentioned by Stadia which they will use for the dog racing, and if construction happens in the speedway  season for speedway while the main stand is replaced as it is not an overnight job, even though they claim their "lego brick" construction goes up fast.

This is another case of plans which do not fit what has been stated and possibly all bs.

Stadia UK are pure Bovine excrement. IMHO they have no intention of building a new stadium. They pulled a flanker over Swindon council, when they got them to amend the building restrictions, allowing them to build houses before the stadium was built. Once that happened, game over.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Argos said:

The silence from the Promoters is  deafening, Re the progress of the New Stadium  

In reality, almost everyone knows there will be no new stadium. let's be honest and it is extremely unlikely that there will be speedway on track at Blunsdon in 2019.  Once the houses were built so close it was inevitable. This year's final fixture is time to hold a This is It night.

Some people will look pretty foolish if this is so.. Speedway has virtually nil influence with the powers that matter.  Tracks in farmers fields will be the only newbies going forward..

Edited by Mike.Butler

In May 2017 it was stated in the press that the stadium was manufactured by Werniak in Port Talbot and ready to go but drainage problems to the site was holding construction up.....  

If it is the last season souvenir hunters will be collecting memorabilia from the back straight bogs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, auntie doris said:

If it is the last season souvenir hunters will be collecting memorabilia from the back straight bogs.

The same shiney bog paper that was there in 1970? at the Abbey then there was a cheap/expensive side you could get over to the starting gate usually in heat 10.

20 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

In reality, almost everyone knows there will be no new stadium. let's be honest and it is extremely unlikely that there will be speedway on track at Blunsdon in 2019.  Once the houses were built so close it was inevitable. This year's final fixture is time to hold a This is It night.

Sadly I agree with this. The stadium's now in a residential area and I think it's only a matter of time before there are noise and environmental complaints. Add to this the general demise of the sport and the feeling I get that Terry Russell wants out means the long term outlook for Speedway in Swindon is not good.

21 hours ago, GWC said:

In May 2017 it was stated in the press that the stadium was manufactured by Werniak in Port Talbot and ready to go but drainage problems to the site was holding construction up.....  

They have submitted new plans since that do not fit in with the design of the so say stadium originally submitted. No approval of the new stadium plans has yet to be agreed & housing developers have written with concern to the new plans. Read what you will of that & the fact that Stadia UK have never built a new stadium to date. Remember Reading & what happened to their so called new stadium. The supporters of Torquay United FC are having problems with Stadia UK, who now own them & surprise, surprise, they want to relocate their stadium & replace it with a new stadium elsewhere. Luckily for Torquay supporters, Torbay Council own the leasehold of the stadium & they are refusing to sell the leasehold until such time as a new stadium is built. Watch that space & see how long the council will hold out.

Yes Stadia UK aka Property developers!

The question is do Swindon have the desire to stick it out for a new site or just be worn down by the corporates and then fade away as seems to be their game plan.