British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Watching Doyley ripping it up for Somerset & how lucky they are to see him riding.

You can restart the 2019 thread now!!!

• Like 1

Tonight’s meeting at Poole sums up Swindon’s problems this season as it’s Tobias’s turn to have an absolute nightmare.

The team needed consistency from the top 5 & sadly at least one always has an off night.

• Like 1

So play off hopes hanging by a thread and we need help from other teams but while there is a chance you never know.

We need Wolves to not get a point at either Somerset or Poole. 

We need Wolves to get 3 points and Belle Vue no more than 4 points from their 2 matches on Monday.

We need to beat both Poole and Belle Vue. If Belle Vue get 4 points from the Wolves meetings we would also have to send them home pointless.

Finally we Belle Vue to lose at home to Somerset. A draw would be good enough to send us through if Belle Vue didn't get any points from their trips to Wolves and Swindon

32 minutes ago, Anzum said:

So play off hopes hanging by a thread and we need help from other teams but while there is a chance you never know.

We need Wolves to not get a point at either Somerset or Poole. 

We need Wolves to get 3 points and Belle Vue no more than 4 points from their 2 matches on Monday.

We need to beat both Poole and Belle Vue. If Belle Vue get 4 points from the Wolves meetings we would also have to send them home pointless.

Finally we Belle Vue to lose at home to Somerset. A draw would be good enough to send us through if Belle Vue didn't get any points from their trips to Wolves and Swindon

I think there’s more chance of Clark Osbourne driving over to South Wales with a low loader and returning with the pre-assembled stadium...

• Like 4

Well done Dave Bellego member of the French Long Track team becoming world champions. GB second with Adam and Zach in squad.

Swindon v. Lynn KO Cup semi home leg on Monday 10 Sept.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Anders Rowe got a 12 point max last night for Kent and is progressing nicely great news for the Robins one for the future( if we have one).If the Belle Vue meeting goes ahead it would be nice if maybe Anders could gain more experience and get more track time he is our asset after all does the crap rules allow it probably not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Anders Rowe got a 12 point max last night for Kent and is progressing nicely great news for the Robins one for the future( if we have one).If the Belle Vue meeting goes ahead it would be nice if maybe Anders could gain more experience and get more track time he is our asset after all does the crap rules allow it probably not.

Interesting interview with Ronnie Russell with Totalsport Swindon. He said that he's due to mark out the revised track this coming Wednesday - said it'll be the carpark bend bought in (the troublesome corner which needs ripping up), approx 300m & shaped like the Melbourne GP track (which if my memory serves me correctly was shaped like the letter D...)

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Interesting interview with Ronnie Russell with Totalsport Swindon. He said that he's due to mark out the revised track this coming Wednesday - said it'll be the carpark bend bought in (the troublesome corner which needs ripping up), approx 300m & shaped like the Melbourne GP track (which if my memory serves me correctly was shaped like the letter D...)

Why on earth doesn’t he shape it like a smaller version of Belle Vue? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why on earth doesn’t he shape it like a smaller version of Belle Vue? 

No idea...The Melbourne GP track did serve up some decent racing with its size & shape though. Hopefully they widen the straights (or straight as it may only be one as such).

Edited by hyabb17

Whatever the shape/size, at least its something positive for Swindon fans for 2019 and beyond.  Good to hear.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

The shape doesn't matter as long as you got speedway next season q:cheers:

Of course the shape matters. 200%.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

I would not say that ray, the shape does matter as it is no good having rubbish racing because of the shape of the track, where with a bit of thought the track can be good and allow different lines and plenty of overtaking etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

Spot on Ray as long as we have speedway the rest is irrelevant to me anyway.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course the shape matters. 200%.  

Strange I said to myself I bet shovler replies and guess what hear you are