British Speedway Forum

I'm glad you are finding it funny :mad:

I know Doyle would have been back to back World Champion and it is a very difficult decision to make but I think a lot of fans would like to keep Nick and see him continue his progress. I would be happy with either and obviously would prefer both but I would still go for Nick over Doyle - and not because I think he is better.

Classic KKS. Getting all excited and predicting each team’s future. Got quite a few user names on the go at the moment I notice too.

Doyle, although World Champion, failed in my book (on track) to do what a captain should do, which is look after and develop the younger members of the team. Many times last season he left poor Adam to fend for himself when a little bit of thought would have garnered lots more points.

Morris was outstanding last season for Swindon and Berwick. He has continued to improve year on year and deservedly won the Swindon rider of the year. His pass in heat 13 at Monmore was immense, will be replayed many more times before I croak and ensured the title returned to Wiltshire

The decision between JD and NM, from a speedway perspective, should be a no-brainer. Grachan has already said JD could get up to six rides away from home should it be required.

From a management point of view, its a tough one. I personally think it would be a mistake to let JD go, particularly if he wants to ride here in the UK, however, I suspect not having JD back would save Terry Russell a fortune and for that reason i think Swindon will keep Morris and let Doyle go.

Not a great start to speedway in the UK 2018, despite all the hype regarding fixed nights and the prospect of GP riders riding in the UK e.g. Vaculik, this smacks of another cost cutting exercise because other promoters are still useless at assembling a competitive side.

I am not looking forward to hearing the news of which Swindon asset has won the top prize in the BSPA's Speedway Lottery

Its the price of success in speedway!!! Edited by hrhbig

Doyle, although World Champion, failed in my book (on track) to do what a captain should do, which is look after and develop the younger members of the team. Many times last season he left poor Adam to fend for himself when a little bit of thought would have garnered lots more points.

Morris was outstanding last season for Swindon and Berwick. He has continued to improve year on year and deservedly won the Swindon rider of the year. His pass in heat 13 at Monmore was immense, will be replayed many more times before I croak and ensured the title returned to Wiltshire

The decision between JD and NM, from a speedway perspective, should be a no-brainer. Grachan has already said JD could get up to six rides away from home should it be required.

From a management point of view, its a tough one. I personally think it would be a mistake to let JD go, particularly if he wants to ride here in the UK, however, I suspect not having JD back would save Terry Russell a fortune and for that reason i think Swindon will keep Morris and let Doyle go.

Not a great start to speedway in the UK 2018, despite all the hype regarding fixed nights and the prospect of GP riders riding in the UK e.g. Vaculik, this smacks of another cost cutting exercise because other promoters are still useless at assembling a competitive side.

I am not looking forward to hearing the news of which Swindon asset has won the top prize in the BSPA's Speedway Lottery...

Nick's heat 13 was just an amazing moment. Of course, at the time, Jason was happily way in front and dominating the race. Team-riding is something of a problem with Jason, though, but overall I know who I would want in a heat 15 last heat decider.

Nick's progress has been great though. Maybe a time away will be the making of him, like it was with Martin Ashby.

Just wish we could keep both. It's such a shame. The points limit would have prevented us getting too strong anyway.

No DP ride next season. Away from home Doyle could take 6 rides in one night and yet a couple of you want him gone to keep Morris.

Jason Doyle possibly in 5 or 6 races in a 15 Heat meeting is an offer you cant refuse unless your stupid.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

No DP ride next season. Away from home Doyle could take 6 rides in one night and yet a couple of you want him gone to keep Morris.

Jason Doyle possibly in 5 or 6 races in a 15 Heat meeting is an offer you cant refuse unless your stupid.

Or even take 7 rides if the second heatleader is missing!

• Like 1

Why would you choose Nick over Jason?

His average is lower, he is improving, he was the club's rider of the year last year. As I said previously both are good and I would personally go with Nick rather than Doyle but wouldn't be upset either way because both are excellent. Its just a shame that one has to go and of course it would be great to have the world champion in the team.

• Like 1

His average is lower, he is improving, he was the club's rider of the year last year. As I said previously both are good and I would personally go with Nick rather than Doyle but wouldn't be upset either way because both are excellent. Its just a shame that one has to go and of course it would be great to have the world champion in the team.

He improved because pressure was taken off his shoulders therefore he was able to relax last season due to Doyle's brilliance.

Riding at No.1 is a different kettle of fish and his average will only go down. Not an opinion its a fact.

Not happy with this ruling at all :nono:

I would have to keep Jason though as he is currently the bigger points scorer, however this is so unfair on Nick and Swindon supporters who have seen him progress over the last few years.

Rather strange too, that we are allowed to track a rider with 13+ average in 2017, but not permitted 2 of our own riders with 8+ averages in 2018 !

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 4

He improved because pressure was taken off his shoulders therefore he was able to relax last season due to Doyle's brilliance.

Riding at No.1 is a different kettle of fish and his average will only go down. Not an opinion its a fact.

How can it be a fact when no wheel has yet been turned

• Like 2

Because he is an attention seeking troll!

• Like 2

If you think Morris can keep his 8.76 average riding in the pressured No.1 spot then you are very much mistaken.

Because he is an attention seeking troll!

Hope you do go with Morris as I would enjoy watching the Robins struggle tbh.

If you think Morris can keep his 8.76 average riding in the pressured No.1 spot then you are very much mistaken.

Hope you do go with Morris as I would enjoy watching the Robins struggle tbh.

Shouldn’t you be on the Peterborough thread worrying about your own team?

• Like 3

Shouldn’t you be on the Peterborough thread worrying about your own team?

Got no idea what you are going on about. Don't even support P'boro

Be an absolute p****r if the world champion is forced out of the league because of this rule. Lunacy.