1. Tomasz Musielak 7.37

2. Adam Ellis 5.56

3. David Bellego 7.37

4. Justin Sedgmen 5.79

5. Nick Morris 8.87

6. ?????????? 4.33

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

4.33 Remaining for 1 rider

Bellego and Sedgmen both assets, cheap and live in Swindon.

That team will do absolutely nothing, i fear it will be close to that though.

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather

Financial difficulties at Swindon and with No TV deal then expect Swindon to line-up like that.

I would suggest Swindon's 'difficulties' are less than most. We've managed to purchase 4 riders over the course of 2017, so things can't be too difficult.

A loss making season by the sounds of it, yes. But the only difficulty is trying to turn that around....to suggest anything else as you appear to be is sensationalist in the extreme.

• Like 1

I would suggest Swindon's 'difficulties' are less than most. We've managed to purchase 4 riders over the course of 2017, so things can't be too difficult.

A loss making season by the sounds of it, yes. But the only difficulty is trying to turn that around....to suggest anything else as you appear to be is sensationalist in the extreme.

Exactly what I was thinking. The club have said that early season meeting's cost them. I think 2nd half of the season wasn't too bad. Every rider wanted to return which says that they must have been paid on time & we've bought 4. These will be added to the losses I would imagine.

Really? No TV deal is a triple whammy for us. Firstly, like other teams we get no share of the TV money. Secondly, TR doesn't get his commission which no doubt has helped finance us in the past. Thirdly, GoSpeed are likely to have to still pay for their rights, which likely means less money to Swindon for running costs.

Really? No TV deal is a triple whammy for us. Firstly, like other teams we get no share of the TV money. Secondly, TR doesn't get his commission which no doubt has helped finance us in the past. Thirdly, GoSpeed are likely to have to still pay for their rights, which likely means less money to Swindon for running costs.

'Financial difficulties' makes it sound like Swindon have not paid their way which is very clearly not the case.

Read my whole post and you'll see that I have said that the difficulty is turning a loss around. Not easy in Speedway and with potentially no TV money.

Go Speed & Swindon are separate entities. What rights are Go Speed likely to have to pay for?

Swindon are having to cut their cloth accordingly, that is apparent with the releasing of Doyle. But to suggest any more difficulty than any other Club is as I say sensationalist.

So yes, really. TR will know what he can and cannot afford and will be more aware than most as to where things stand with a TV deal.

Edited by Reliant Robin

I assume it means any rider who has ridden full-time in the GP.

that's how I read it too.

Any rider who never rode here last season & was a GP rider has been given a 9 average.

I don't read it as ANY new or previous rider. I read it as heat leader or GP standard. Someone like Woryna won't be given a 9 but should also be reassessed in line with missing a season.

But Killer was a reserve & not a full time rider so cant be right.

But is GP standard so has to be included for transparency.

Sorry, my post wasnt clear. I meant only GP riders from this season who didnt participate in the UK this season will come back/in on a 9. Riders like Killer, Piotr, Woffy, Lindback etc. I didnt mean Woryna etc

• Like 1

Smolinski rode plenty of gp's too, does he become a 9.

It doesn't matter - no one would be interested :wink:

• Like 2

He would have to be, although it's an unfair description to label him GP standard. :wink:

It doesn't matter - no one would be interested :wink:

He would have to be, although it's an unfair description to label him GP standard. :wink:

True, but says how silly the rule is though, perhaps Holder should be a 9 then as he didn't finish the season here lol.

• Like 1

True, but says how silly the rule is though, perhaps Holder should be a 9 then as he didn't finish the season here lol.

One rule is never gonna fit all, however it's better than having individual assessments that might benefit one club more than another.

I don't see why they can't use their established averages abroad and combine them to give a realistic figure for here.

If they can achieve those figures abroad they should easily be able to do the same here.

Post deleted. Didn't realise this 9 point gp rider thing was actually a thing! I'm disappointed.

Edited by Danny Connor

Just been speaking to a certain Mr Kilby on twitter and without telling me the official 1-7 for 2018, his hints point towards this team.

Hints: A returning Robin - Tomasz will not be the only Pole - Rider with point to prove - Team will feature assets - Rider who guested at reserve in 2017.

1. Troy Batchelor 7.63

2. Adam Ellis 5.56

3. Tomasz Musielak 7.37

4. Pawel Przedpelski 7.00

5. Nick Morris 8.87

6. Danny Ayres 2.75

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21