British Speedway Forum

I didn’t say it was bottom of the league, just that the touted BV, Rye House and perhaps Somerset if their team comes off, look stronger. Notice I am not mentioning Poole because the hoped for lineup is in doubt and we may find ourselves falling back on journeymen.

Poole teams always have journeymen, because Matt’s just an opportunist, stealing cheap riders from other teams, hiring and firing throughout the season and having no regard for loyalty. Look at all your one season wonders.

• Like 1

Poole teams always have journeymen, because Matt’s just an opportunist, stealing cheap riders from other teams, hiring and firing throughout the season and having no regard for loyalty. Look at all your one season wonders.

Look at all our trophies.

What cheap riders are these then? If a rider isn't performing he deserves to be sacked as in any job. Loyalty is a two way street, most riders only think of their back pockets.

Would Swindon have won last season if they hadn't changed the team?

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

But your club now has to build to try to get those days back and unless a Drabik or a Dudek appears your club has alot of hard work ahead.Your main aim has to be to get your track back the track at times has been poor and we all know when prepared it can produce good racing.Poole used to be everyone's title favourite at the start of the season not anymore for me they have to get a big signing if not it could be a tough season ahead.But we all know with Ford he could pull something out of the hat we shall see interesting times ahead.
  • Like 1

Thats a decent team IMO. Morris & Batch will be strong in what 13 & 15. Ill put my money where my mouth is, will you? £50 to the Ben fund from the losing fan whos team finishes lower in the league. Not play offs, league position?! You game.

If that is the team then I can see Morris and Bellego dropping their averages as they will be hard to maintain. Change in middle of the season. Win the league again. Simple!!!

• Like 1

At least that team contains no ringers so you could hold your heads high.

• Like 3

If that is the team then I can see Morris and Bellego dropping their averages as they will be hard to maintain. Change in middle of the season. Win the league again. Simple!!!

Do not mind at all if Nicks drops below 8

Swindon are the 2017 Champions :t::drink:

You seem to have forgotten that Swindon beat Poole 5 times and drew the other match this season

You're living on past glories whilst boasting about Poole's new ringers..

• Like 4

You seem to have forgotten that Swindon beat Poole 5 times and drew the other match this season

Weve heard it all before. Pooles season went downhill so quickly last season David Vine was struggling to keep up.

Klindt was supposedly the match winner last season. This season, potentially its Woryna.

If thats what Poole are hanging their hat on for the season, theyll do well to get to 40 at the home of The Champions let alone 50...

All glories are in the past, I thought that would be obvious!!

No one will sign a big name rider without the cost being sponsored or a decent TV deal agreed, so the knack of building a reasonable team will come down to using more 'journeymen' or so-called 'ringers' in the hope that they will all perform consistently and improve their average accordingly.

Edited by Skidder1

At least that team contains no ringers so you could hold your heads high.

They won the league last season using a ‘ringer’.

Why don't you go away and do us all a favour. twit

Your telling a Swindon fan on a Swindon thread to go away??

Priceless. :rofl:

• Like 2