British Speedway Forum

49 minutes ago, MattK said:

I think the key is who we haven't signed, rather than who we have.

Plus, last year's defining moment was signing Musielak on his low average from a previous season. We son't have any riders offering that kind of value in 2018.

The money isn't there, you only have to look at Wolves. Shame that now TV deal has been agreed but that's life.

I feel that Musielak will increase his average again. I would put him at 2 alongside Nick, those two should be powerful enough to dominate heat 1 more times than not. I would then have Adam @ 3 & David @ 4. Those two suit each other rather than Tobi & David IMO.

• Like 1

Just a shame Liam Carr has retired because he  aquitted himself very well and he could gate.The last position is going to be tough to fill interesting now to see how Rosco finalises his team.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Just a shame Liam Carr has retired because he  aquitted himself very well and he could gate.The last position is going to be tough to fill interesting now to see how Rosco finalises his team.

If it is Batch then I guess the last place would be between Mitchell Davey and Danny Ayres (unless they can temp Liam Carr out of retirement). Whoever is at number 7, though, may not be there for the whole season.

More important than that, though, is that if Bachelor comes back he'll have to get rid of that moustache.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If it is Batch then I guess the last place would be between Mitchell Davey and Danny Ayres (unless they can temp Liam Carr out of retirement). Whoever is at number 7, though, may not be there for the whole season.

More important than that, though, is that if Bachelor comes back he'll have to get rid of that moustache.

I actually dont mind Batch also he is good value on his average and we all know on his day can beat anyone.Could Rosco go another way say have two five pointers rather than Batch would we be a stronger 1/7 then hard call.

Edited by Sidney the robin

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually dont mind Batch also he is good value on his average and we all know on his day can beat anyone.Could Rosco go another way say have two five pointers rather than Batch would we be a stronger 1/7 then hard call.

Hoping for Bachelor, personally, although I'd be sad to see BWD leave. It does make us weak at reserve, but makes the side more attractive to go an watch, and I always enjoy his little melt downs.

I'll never forget on Sky, when he went storming into the opposition pits to cause a fuss, stopped and watched for a bit, then snuck quietly back to the Swindon side. He brings a bit of personality, and my son loves him!

16 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Bellego on a 7 something lol.

Now that's what you call a bad signing. Not Szczepaniak on a 4.54 or Woryna on a 4.65

Oh shush.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Now that's what you call a bad signing. Not Szczepaniak on a 4.54 or Woryna on a 4.65

KK, Klindt, Lahti, Kennett.

Lets see what the outcome is at the end of the season. Last year Poole fans crowed about their team and mocked Swindon..........how did that pan out?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't think bellego is that bad a signing, his average was earned in a slightly better league last season, more than happy if he maintains it, mixed feelings about Batch, but atleast he knows the team/track and would slot back in, the second reserve could be bit of a rabbit.

Just now, Gavan said:

KK, Klindt, Lahti, Kennett.

Lets see what the outcome is at the end of the season. Last year Poole fans crowed about their team and mocked Swindon..........how did that pan out?

They were poor signings as well. Not even denying that. Swindon turned it around due to the masterstroke signing in Musielak otherwise they would have finished bottom.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

They were poor signings as well. Not even denying that. Swindon turned it around due to the masterstroke signing in Musielak otherwise they would have finished bottom.

Poole should walk the league then with 2 similar to Musielak signings, btw I don't think we would have finished bottom, but who cares, next season is what should be discussed now.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Hoping for Bachelor, personally, although I'd be sad to see BWD leave. It does make us weak at reserve, but makes the side more attractive to go an watch, and I always enjoy his little melt downs.

I'll never forget on Sky, when he went storming into the opposition pits to cause a fuss, stopped and watched for a bit, then snuck quietly back to the Swindon side. He brings a bit of personality, and my son loves him!

Going by other teams  reserve's Zach will more   than hold his own and riding in the Championship as well will really help him.With Batch in that does look a strong  top six i wondered if we did not have a few Thursday night fixtures could Danyon Hume maybe have been an option.? .Unlikely i know also coming back from injury and him then doing three league's is a tough ask.

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I am not worried about Poole one bit.

Judging by your need to keep posting on our page about Bellego signing tells me that your fear us, I would be more worried about your own side (whoever that is)