British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, BritPete said:

Kk, has an 8.64 average anyway.

Green sheets show 6.86

• Like 1

Let's face it, they have no intention of every building a new stadium. Listening to Jeff Davies on Talk Speedway describe how Brandon has been run down shows how easy it would be for GI to declare the Abbey as no longer feasible as a stadium.

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

heard on the terraces that the restaurant  at blunsdon was closing in new yr

Aah so there are some improvements then!!!;):P

• Like 1

As long as the Abbey stays open i am more than happy with that, a new stadium does not worry me that much.I was worried maybe the Abbey would  eventually be demolished and like other great venues be  a part of history cant  ever imagine Swindon never having a speedway team.

Edited by Sidney the robin

^^^^^ Have you not noticed the houses in the pits?  Can't say they will be happy to still have a speedway track at the end of their gardens.

I do hope this gets sorted and the council do not relax their rule about having a new stadium before the current one can close!

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

^^^^^ Have you not noticed the houses in the pits?  Can't say they will be happy to still have a speedway track at the end of their gardens.

I do hope this gets sorted and the council do not relax their rule about having a new stadium before the current one can close!

Do you have a link to where that rule is written down?

6 minutes ago, MattK said:

Do you have a link to where that rule is written down?

Cynic :wink:  I hear what you say and hope they don't work a flanker like they did at Reading!

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Cynic :wink:  I hear what you say and hope they don't work a flanker like they did at Reading!

I'm not a cynic. I've read the planning documents and there is no clause. 

The only condition was that a maximum of 200 houses could be occupied before contracts for the new stadium were in place. Presumably this has been met as far more than 200 homes have been occupied.

2 hours ago, MattK said:

I'm not a cynic. I've read the planning documents and there is no clause. 

The only condition was that a maximum of 200 houses could be occupied before contracts for the new stadium were in place. Presumably this has been met as far more than 200 homes have been occupied.

I'm pretty sure Justin Tomlinson reported this a while back about not closing the Abbey until the new one was in place (a learning from the Reading fiasco).  I hope that it is written down somewhere because if I bought one of the houses in the pits, I wouldn't be too happy if I wasn't a speedway or greyhound supporter.