British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

Amazing the difference a year makes,   Last year Swindon couldn't wait to get rid of Batchelor, and were glad he was gone. Although we welcomed him with open arms,  nobody away from Lynn  had a decent word for him.   Yet a year later  everything is forgotten and he's welcome back to Swindon .

Fickle Lot !!!!   :o

He was superb when he guested for us many times last season so has earn't his return in my view.

I also think Rosco has plenty of options if he does play up.

A good top 5 but we are very weak at reserve with Zach coming back from a bad injury.

Sargent would be my choice if his average fits as he was decent for The Bees at Swindon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

He was superb when he guested for us many times last season so has earn't his return in my view.

A good top 5 but we are very weak at reserve with Zach coming back from a bad injury.

Sargent would be my choice if his average fits as he was decent for The Bees at Swindon.

I agree,   Strongest team I've seen so far.........

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Indeed Batch did.Tried hard..Funny  that Folder rode for Lynn at Poole the night before "that day" and was flying.Showed Matt he still had it.

Batch and Folder are on pretty good aves going into this weaker league.I'd rather him than Folder and I think he will up his ave if he's happy.

Glad you got Adam Ellis over the Pirates.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Haven't they eased up on the starting regulations, which might suit Sergeant, who often shot out of the starts only to get pulled back for a re run.

I can’t have 1..2..3 Sargeant in the team.

He had one good meeting the night of the monsoon at The Abbey when the ref thought he was officiating at a swimming gala, however, every time I have seen him since, either live or on the television I have been disappointed with him.

Really Poor signing ..Swindon fans must have short memories if they forgot what he did in the play off Semi Final last time ...he may do well for a time the but when going get's tough he will quit on us and let us down .

Batch has one concern ..himself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

I can’t have 1..2..3 Sargeant in the team.

He had one good meeting the night of the monsoon at The Abbey when the ref thought he was officiating at a swimming gala, however, every time I have seen him since, either live or on the television I have been disappointed with him.

With the relaxed rules with the starts this coming year, sarj could add a couple of points to his average IMO

6 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

With the relaxed rules with the starts this coming year, sarj could add a couple of points to his average IMO

He may well do but I am disappointed that he hasn’t risen above the level where he was 4-5 years ago.

I looked on the Workington thread some time during the season and he didn’t seem to ingratiate himself with the locals for whatever reason.

He rode in a couple of matches towards the end of the season for Swindon and he tried, however, not enough to make me think he would improve past Wajtknecht who did nothing but improve until his untimely injury.

so just how relaxed are the new starting rules ? are the tapes really floppy and riders have no chance of breaking them, are the riders allowed an extra2/3 mins for gardening even after the official 2 mins has expired or something else ? does sarj get 3 chances as to everyone else just getting  1 chance at the tapes  .

how on earth do you relax a rule that is oh so simple to start with ?

58 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What happened to Kk??  What's happened to the the troll tonight??

Couldn't decide which alias to be and fell out with itself. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, orion said:

Really Poor signing ..Swindon fans must have short memories if they forgot what he did in the play off Semi Final last time ...he may do well for a time the but when going get's tough he will quit on us and let us down .

Correct , pay your money all year and in finals if the tracks not too his liking he will tootle around at the back, one bitten.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

8 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Everyone has assumed the reg has been relaxed but there are no details

The statement said no warning no re runs.

They may just mean the race continues and the offender is excluded....

10 hours ago, orion said:

I agree he can let himself down sometimes, and has go missing in play-offs in the past. I just find him entertaining and enjoy his bad attitude and charisma.

Points wise, I don't think there is a lot to choose between him and, say, KK, but having grumpy old Batch in the side just feels kind of right to me.

Personally, I'd much rather have a rider who feels "Swindon" coming in than random average increasers coming in every year. I just enjoy watching Troy Bachelor - even if he's being bad Troy instead of good Troy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

I agree he can let himself down sometimes, and has go missing in play-offs in the past. I just find him entertaining and enjoy his bad attitude and charisma.

Points wise, I don't think there is a lot to choose between him and, say, KK, but having grumpy old Batch in the side just feels kind of right to me.

Personally, I'd much rather have a rider who feels "Swindon" coming in than random average increasers coming in every year. I just enjoy watching Troy Bachelor - even if he's being bad Troy instead of good Troy.

I actually think Batch can up his average by a fair bit, Rossiter also has a good record of getting him to perform and at home when is on it he can mix it with anybody.Away could be a different ball game at times in the season but the six we have named in this watered down league i am quite happy with at home we will be hard to beat.

Edited by Sidney the robin
Capital spot in accidently.