British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Irrelevant how many changes the fact remains if you hadn't changed the team you wouldn't even have been in the play-offs in my opinion. Musielak completely changed the team and changes will have to be made next season if they are to challenge. Grondal was a sacking waiting to happen and so is Mitchell Davey. 

Changes are part and parcel of any sport, so I am not quite sure what your point is. Poole have been the team that have been the most ruthless over the years in that department.

Some riders are replaced because of injury, some from poor performance and some because they may be the sacrificial lamb.

Swindon have had to sacrifice the World Champion for next season to build their team. I don’t believe any Swindon fan thought for one moment that JD would not be back. It’s natural that there may be riders that may not be the level where people think but it’s probable that the team has been built this way because Rosco has a plan B, just like last season.

Historically, Swindon have been a little too loyal to riders but last season they got the right rider at the right time, which is an excellent understanding of the rules and the long game. 

The idea is to get in the play offs. It’s a game and you use the rules to suit you, something you and your fellow fans at the FPA are well aware of. Whether you get to them with the original 7 or with changes is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think Swindon are in competition with Wolves about who could get the weakest reserves! I see certain Swindon fans are in denial. Orion has said it as it is.

swindon will be weilding the axe before the first set of gs come out.

You only need one strong reserve and let's see what Morris does. Greaves, Shanes, Davey et Al only have to beat each other. 

Poole have the weakest number one so it's called swings and roundabouts. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think Swindon are in competition with Wolves about who could get the weakest reserves! I see certain Swindon fans are in denial. Orion has said it as it is.

swindon will be weilding the axe before the first set of gs come out.

Poole over the years have made more changes than most. Sometimes it works but then like last season for Poole it can go horribly wrong. Swindon have weak reserves maybe but Poole look like having the weakest number one so it evens out 

It doesn’t even it out at all!

Having weak reserves is a disaster. Having a number one with a lower average means more strength in depth and stronger reserves!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It doesn’t even it out at all!

Having weak reserves is a disaster. Having a number one with a lower average means more strength in depth and stronger reserves!

That didn't work well for you in 2017.

Brady is very much on the up, hopefully the pressure won't get to him too much. 

3 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Changes are part and parcel of any sport, so I am not quite sure what your point is. Poole have been the team that have been the most ruthless over the years in that department.

Some riders are replaced because of injury, some from poor performance and some because they may be the sacrificial lamb.

Swindon have had to sacrifice the World Champion for next season to build their team. I don’t believe any Swindon fan thought for one moment that JD would not be back. It’s natural that there may be riders that may not be the level where people think but it’s probable that the team has been built this way because Rosco has a plan B, just like last season.

Historically, Swindon have been a little too loyal to riders but last season they got the right rider at the right time, which is an excellent understanding of the rules and the long game. 

The idea is to get in the play offs. It’s a game and you use the rules to suit you, something you and your fellow fans at the FPA are well aware of. Whether you get to them with the original 7 or with changes is irrelevant. 

I agree nothing wrong with changes, my point was in reply to a comment that Swindon only really made one change compared to Poole who usually make many changes. 

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

That didn't work well for you in 2017.

Brady is very much on the up, hopefully the pressure won't get to him too much. 

It has been known in the past. Admittedly a few years ago but he crumbled on numerous times like a soggy custard cream when he was Somerset's no.1.

21 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Irrelevant how many changes the fact remains if you hadn't changed the team you wouldn't even have been in the play-offs in my opinion. Musielak completely changed the team and changes will have to be made next season if they are to challenge. Grondal was a sacking waiting to happen and so is Mitchell Davey. 

So what you are saying is that we will make one change & thrash you blue boys again in 2018.

4 hours ago, DunRobin said:

So what you are saying is that we will make one change & thrash you blue boys again in 2018.

I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening in 2018 with that Swindon lineup. Easy points for the Pirates next season.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening in 2018 with that Swindon lineup. Easy points for the Pirates next season.

After the debacle of last season, where Poole threw in the towel every time the word Robin was mentioned, to make these local derbies more meaningful and closer the Robins have purchased matching unicycles kitted out in club colours.

Still think they’ll be quicker...

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It's not how you start is how/who you finish with.Still think that who finishes top wins the league.Maybe 2nd and 3rd have a trophy to ride for over 2 legs. 

On 20/12/2017 at 1:04 PM, DunRobin said:

Frigbo might like your post but when was the last time he went to a meeting. I guess Leigh Adams was still riding. He certainly didn't bailout for Kings Lynn last season as he was top of their averages. As to the debacle on riding conditions when their was trouble with riders not agreeing with the conditions. It was not just Holder & Batch that were raising a fuss but The promoter chose to ignore the other protesters & make an example of the Aussies. I welcome him back to the Abbey as he completes a strong 1 - 5. We potentially have 2 1st heat leaders & three 2nd string riders. If Zach can step up to the plate following his injury, there is a strong chance of defending the title.

Didn’t bail out? They sacked him because he walked out of a meeting feigning injury after causing rubbish in the pits.

But yeah, whatever.

11 minutes ago, SCB said:

Didn’t bail out? They sacked him because he walked out of a meeting feigning injury after causing rubbish in the pits.

But yeah, whatever.

And rode the next day just to rub it in!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

And rode the next day just to rub it in!

And went well....S*atch and Folder.Separated at birth.

Just seen Mitchell Davey has signed. What a waste of a signing. Just about any 16 year old Brit would have been better simply because in the short term they can be no worse and at least they're not 28(?) year old and as good as they're ever going to get. The 16 year old might one day make it, Mitchell Davey is a NL level rider and has been since he first rode in this country.