British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

So Doyle joins Somerset. 

Guess me & the T5 will be making our way down the motorway a few times next season then☺☺

• Like 1

On 24/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, Crazy robin said:

Guess me & the T5 will be making our way down the motorway a few times next season then☺☺

Think there may be quite a few doing the same....unless Swindon start off well they could lose a number off the gate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Think there may be quite a few doing the same....unless Swindon start off well they could lose a number off the gate 

I think that's a possibility, and I do feel robbed by this.

It's like when you split up with your girlfriend and you are just about coping with it, but then they start going out with someone else!!

Somerset is well out of reach for me, even if I did want to go, but what I always wanted to see was the World Champion riding for Swindon. Not really bothered about seeing him riding for someone else.

I've watched Anders Michanek, Hans Nielsen and Per Jonsson enviously over the years and thought that one day, lad, all this could be ours. But it's not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 24/12/2017 at 3:53 PM, adonis said:

get a Visa for Poland and ride for whoever pays the most , loyal to his own detriment , what a bonzer chap . 

What's his visa for Poland got to do with it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

What's his visa for Poland got to do with it?

People are obsessed with this. God knows where it’s come from. It’s not true and it doesn’t even make any bloody sense.

Polish visas have nothing to do with British visas, even if they somehow did, I think being World Champion would be enough for Doyle to get a visa in any country he likes!

On 26/12/2017 at 8:37 AM, hagonshocker said:

Was the same last year, crowds at an all time low until mid season and the incredible 17 win run. Man City have only just equalled it. August saw some bumper crowds at the Shabbey.

On 26/12/2017 at 12:48 PM, SCB said:

People are obsessed with this. God knows where it’s come from. It’s not true and it doesn’t even make any bloody sense.

Polish visas have nothing to do with British visas, even if they somehow did, I think being World Champion would be enough for Doyle to get a visa in any country he likes!

They are referring to the fact that the Aussies tend to work over here so that they can live here in a country that is more or less like home and still travel easily to European matches. 

11 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

They are referring to the fact that the Aussies tend to work over here so that they can live here in a country that is more or less like home and still travel easily to European matches. 

Trust me, they're not. I've had this discussion with a few people recently who are adamant that a British Visa/work permit gets you one for the continent. What you have said makes sense. The first part of the quoted post from adonis says it's about getting a visa for Poland.

7 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

never mind the team what is going on re the stadium ?

Has the drainage problem been solved or what ?

Developers are certainly not going to lose the money from sales of 2-3 houses which is needed for a new stadium.

Sadly it looks like it’s going to be a pink elephant & not going to happen anytime soon.

15 hours ago, SCB said:

Trust me, they're not. I've had this discussion with a few people recently who are adamant that a British Visa/work permit gets you one for the continent. What you have said makes sense. The first part of the quoted post from adonis says it's about getting a visa for Poland.

Doyle more than likely needs a UK visa to allow him to ride in Poland or something similar. 

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Doyle more than likely needs a UK visa to allow him to ride in Poland or something similar. 

Why would you need a UK visa to ride in Poland? The two are unconnected - but at least you proved the theory that a lot of people actually believe this to be the case!

Incidentally, Jason recently got married and lives in the UK. Is his wife British? If so, he'd no longer need a work permit to ride in the UK as his Leave to Remain would allow him to live and work here. But he would still need a seperate visa to work in Poland. His UK visa would have no effect on this for a further 5 years. Possibly, the visa for Poland would be a Schengen visa, which might also cover Sweden, but it would not be related to the UK.

UK visas do not cover anyone from outside the EU to travel or work in the rest of the EU/Schengen region.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:29 AM, Grachan said:

Why would you need a UK visa to ride in Poland? The two are unconnected - but at least you proved the theory that a lot of people actually believe this to be the case!

Incidentally, Jason recently got married and lives in the UK. Is his wife British? If so, he'd no longer need a work permit to ride in the UK as his Leave to Remain would allow him to live and work here. But he would still need a seperate visa to work in Poland. His UK visa would have no effect on this for a further 5 years. Possibly, the visa for Poland would be a Schengen visa, which might also cover Sweden, but it would not be related to the UK.

UK visas do not cover anyone from outside the EU to travel or work in the rest of the EU/Schengen region.

I believe she is, if they have a son who takes up speedway and becomes as good or better than their father, I do hope that child chooses to represent team GB. That of course depends on speedway still existing over here.

36 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I believe she is, if they have a son who takes up speedway and becomes as good or better than their father, I do hope that child chooses to represent team GB. That of course depends on speedway still existing over here.

Always a possibility. I think Jason is a bit of an Anglophile anyway. I've noticed that he has an England flag on his race suit.

• Like 1