British Speedway Forum

Afternoon all, can someone explain to me how Mikkel B Anderson has joined Redcar on a 5.2 average however we were quoted a 7 for the 2017 season.....aren’t Redcar the league below?! 

Because the whole average situation this year is farcical and the people who run the sport in the UK are unable to distinguish between their bumholes and their earholes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Afternoon all, can someone explain to me how Mikkel B Anderson has joined Redcar on a 5.2 average however we were quoted a 7 for the 2017 season.....aren’t Redcar the league below?! 

Wow. You're right. So he has.

This needs flagging up surely. Last year was based on Second Division averages, so he was assessed as a 7.00 rider in The Championship last year so, therefore, he MUST be one this year.

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Wow. You're right. So he has.

This needs flagging up surely. Last year was based on Second Division averages, so he was assessed as a 7.00 rider in The Championship last year so, therefore, he MUST be one this year.

Look out for the Premiership teams that have a 4 point hole to finalise their team

You could find a new Dane or Swede will this year fill that gap....

Amazing how it seems Swindon get screwed over each season now isn’t it.

It doesn’t pay to win the league as the cry baby thinks only his team should win it.

Colin Pratt’s article in this weeks Speedway Star says all what is wrong with speedway in this country.

A certain promoter & lower league division clubs riding rough-shot over the current champions. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Amazing how it seems Swindon get screwed over each season now isn’t it.

It doesn’t pay to win the league as the cry baby thinks only his team should win it.

Colin Pratt’s article in this weeks Speedway Star says all what is wrong with speedway in this country.

A certain promoter & lower league division clubs riding rough-shot over the current champions. 

I'm sorry, but Pratt sounds like a moaning dinosaur in that article.

Why should three Championship clubs change their race nights to suit the Premiership? A compromise has been offered to us, which I think is a far better long term solution.

Yes the "one over 8" rule sucks, we we CHOSE not to sign the world champion.

As for teams using their assets, we had two assets in our team at the start of last season. He papers over that fact by claiming it was higher as we signed riders as assets during the season. At the same time, you can hardly blame clubs like Somerset and Rye House for not building an asset base when other clubs hog assets they don't use. Will Swindon be selling Doyle for example?

Just the usual moaning without any constructive ideas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattK said:

Why should three Championship clubs change their race nights to suit the Premiership? A compromise has been offered to us, which I think is a far better long term solution.

As for teams using their assets, we had two assets in our team at the start of last season. He papers over that fact by claiming it was higher as we signed riders as assets during the season. At the same time, you can hardly blame clubs like Somerset and Rye House for not building an asset base when other clubs hog assets they don't use. Will Swindon be selling Doyle for example?

Strange that,    I thought his comments were informative and forthright..   Only the BSPA could get things so wrong.     With top levels of power (FIM)  meetings held to decide which preferential nights for each speedway country to race on,   UK were given Mondays and Thursdays as their  allocated nights, where English clubs would have priority of riders when meetings with other counties clashed.   It has now become apparent that Matt Ford Instigated that we ignore the FIM's  decision,   and amply backed by teams like Ipswich and Sheffield  we have now lost any priority we may have had.   What a mess !!!

You say      'Why should three Championship clubs change their race nights to suit the Premiership?'   I agree, why should they have to?   but it is wrong that they dictate what league rides on what night.    As usual the BSPA were gutless in their decision making, and should have made   Monday and Thursday their preferred race nights for the Premiership.  That way all clubs could have rode on a night , not only one that suited them but also one that was recognised by other countries...      Our sport has struggled for leadership in recent years  and have repeatedly been overlooked by the FIM authorities when we needed their approval.     Now we had the chance to co-operate with their instructions,  but we say to them sod off ,  all because Matt Ford and 2nd division Thursday teams  think differently.     And we wonder why our sport is dying........      

NB   I thought the 1 over 8  rule  sucks as well......

Pratt IS a moaning dinosaur, always has been. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Pratt IS a moaning dinosaur, always has been. 

Say what you want about Colin Pratt i for one have great respect for the man like Eric Boocock he tells you how it is.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, he has done plenty of good for speedway over the years but every time he is quoted anywhere it's whinging. 

14 hours ago, MattK said:

Yeah, Swindon chose not to sign the World Champion - a decision that might yet mean I don't even bother going to any matches next year. Why should winning a league title be a means to making fans of that club feel disappointed and deflated and unhappy with the sport they follow?

What was the other option? To not sign a rider who has been at Swindon his entire career and might have struggled to find a team place.

It was rock and a hard place. We could not win. Why should Swindon fans be made to think like that? It's crazy.

And choosing Wednesday's after Thursday's was internationally approved was ridiculous too. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don't get me wrong, he has done plenty of good for speedway over the years but every time he is quoted anywhere it's whinging. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be honest Bagpuss i don't agree with all of what he says either, our sport is so frustrating at times .This November we had a big chance to make changes for the better of our sport ALL clubs getting together thrashing thing's out but decisions are taken but never explained to us the speedway public.We should know what all those clubs voted for transparency there reasons is it a big SECRET???  in my lifetime i always thought the sport would plod on but  the sport has to be very careful now is there a vision for the future?  at the moment i don't see it.

Edited by Sidney the robin

26 minutes ago, Grachan said:

And choosing Wednesday's after Thursday's was internationally approved was ridiculous too. 

Poole and King's Lynn have successfully rode on Wednesdays in 2017, even though they are allocated to the Danish League. It seems that one other Premiership club will ride on Wednesday and a compromise has been made to allow Swindon to continue on a Thursday.

As I said, do you think three Championship clubs should have been forced to move from their Thursday race night in order to accommodate the Premiership?

10 minutes ago, MattK said:

Poole and King's Lynn have successfully rode on Wednesdays in 2017, even though they are allocated to the Danish League. It seems that one other Premiership club will ride on Wednesday and a compromise has been made to allow Swindon to continue on a Thursday.

As I said, do you think three Championship clubs should have been forced to move from their Thursday race night in order to accommodate the Premiership?

Matt don't the Greyhound's  run on most Wednesday's at the Abbey? with a 6.28 start.???

Edited by Sidney the robin

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Matt don't the Greyhound's  run on most Wednesday's at the Abbey? with a 6.28 start.???

I think so, which is why the compromise has been offered for us to continue running some of our meetings on Thursdays.